According to University of Florida Health, older adults and people with medical conditions are at greater risk of slipping and falling. Slip and fall accidents can cause serious injuries, including broken bones, neck and back injuries, traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), and more. Many of these injuries can lead to permanent disabilities and a reduced quality of life.
If you slipped and fell because of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries. A Palm Harbor slip and fall accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you recover damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
Who Is at Fault for a Slip and Fall Accident?
If you fall on property owned by someone else, the property owner may be at fault, but that is not always the case. The owner can only be held liable for your fall if:
- The owner owed you a duty of care to keep the property in a reasonably safe condition. In most cases, if you had a valid reason to be on the property, then the owner owed you a legal duty.
- The owner knew or should have known about the hazard that caused your fall.
- The fall directly caused your injuries.
- Your injuries caused you losses that should be compensated.
Determining fault for a slip and fall accident can be challenging. Your lawyer will investigate your case to see if an outside party is responsible for your accident. Here are some common types of negligence that lead to slip and fall accidents:
- Potholes in parking lots
- Bumpy or uneven sidewalks
- Slick spots in flooring
- Spills or leaks that no one cleans up
- Bulging carpeting
- Poor lighting in hallways or stairwells
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Palm Harbor, 800-747-3733
How Much Is a Slip and Fall Accident Case Worth?
The value of your slip and fall accident case depends on many factors. The severity of your injuries, the value of your medical bills, and how long you are out of work all impact how much your case is worth. Your Palm Harbor slip and fall accident lawyer will evaluate your case and collect evidence related to your losses when estimating your damages.
In general, there are two types of damages available in a slip and fall accident case: economic, which provides compensation for direct losses, and non-economic, which provides compensation for indirect losses. Here is more detailed information about damages:
Economic damages cover expenses such as:
- Medical bills for accident-related care, such as emergency room visits, X-rays, surgeries, hospital stays, follow-up care, prescription medication, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and more
- Medical equipment such as neck braces, crutches, wheelchairs, scooters, and more
- Future medical care for therapies, surgeries, or other interventions that your doctors anticipate you will need
- Lost wages if you take time off work to recuperate
- Future lost wages if you cannot return to your previous occupation because of your injuries
Non-economic damages compensate you if the accident has reduced your quality of life. You may qualify for non-economic damages if:
- Your injuries are especially painful or severe
- You require many surgeries or ongoing treatment
- You are disabled or disfigured
- Your injuries keep you from participating in activities or hobbies you once loved
- You develop anxiety, depression, or other mental health conditions
- Your quality of life is otherwise reduced
Palm HarborSlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Working with Our Personal Injury Lawyers in Pinellas County May Help Your Case
You can try to recover damages on your own, but you may find it easier to work with our personal injury lawyers who have handled other slip and fall cases. You may not understand how much compensation you deserve, and the insurance company may try to shortchange you or even blame the fall on you. Your lawyer can guide you through the legal process, advocate for your rights, and help you obtain a fair settlement. Here are some ways your lawyer can help:
Help Document Your Injuries
It is critical to link your injuries to your fall. We recommend that you seek prompt medical attention. If you do not have a healthcare provider, we can recommend one and can even help you schedule an appointment.
Investigate Your Slip and Fall Accident
We can investigate your accident to look for evidence of negligence by the property owner. We can take pictures of the scene, interview eyewitnesses, gather security footage, and more.
Estimate and Seek Damages
To seek fair compensation, you need to know how much your losses are worth. We will collect evidence such as pictures of your injuries, medical bills and records, past wage statements, and more to estimate your damages. We will use this information to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company.
File a Lawsuit
Sometimes, we cannot settle on a fair compensation agreement with the insurance company. When that happens, we will file a lawsuit and represent you in court.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Time Limits in a Palm Harbor Slip and Fall Case
If you were hurt in a Palm Harbor slip and fall accident, you have a finite amount of time to seek damages. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) states that you generally have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit, and Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d) states that you typically have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
You forfeit your right to sue the at-fault party if you file a lawsuit after the statute of limitations has passed. Your lawyer will evaluate your case and help you meet important legal deadlines.
Palm Harbor Slip and Fall AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Represent You
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to damages for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and more. Your Palm Harbor slip and fall accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can represent you as you seek damages from the at-fault party.
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free, no-obligation case consultation. We work on contingency, so you pay nothing unless we win.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW