Upon impact, a collision with a fuel truck does more than damage your vehicle. It can cause grievous injuries, such as burns, broken bones, spinal cord trauma, and other life-altering conditions.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has a team of Palm Bay fuel truck accident lawyers who advocate for injured claimants. We’re ready to begin your free case review where we can explore your options.
We Encourage You To Consider Prompt Legal Action
Florida only gives you a short time to pursue a truck accident lawsuit. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) notes that you generally have four years to file your case. Filing your case within this timeframe preserves your right to seek compensation through the court system.
It also allows you to gather time-sensitive evidence before it becomes unavailable. For instance, the truck’s black box data could get overwritten. People’s testimony could fade over time. You want every piece of available evidence to support your right to damages.
For a free legal consultation with a fuel truck accidents lawyer serving Palm Bay, 800-747-3733
Compensable Losses in a Palm Bay Fuel Truck Accident
The other party should be financially accountable for your losses—not you. We want to recover everything you deserve for your injuries, such as:
- Past and future healthcare expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- The cost of repairing your car’s damage
Based on your situation, we may pursue other losses than those listed here.
Palm BayFuel Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
We Will Do Everything Possible To Build and Manage Your Case
We offer a full suite of legal services to those who suffered harm in truck accidents. With our team on your side, you can expect us to:
- Gather evidence, such as the police report, witness testimony, and the truck’s black box data
- Manage communications with the involved parties
- Calculate your losses
- Review the at-fault and liable parties
- Keep you updated on your case’s progression
- Answer your phone calls and text messages in a timely manner
- Negotiate for what you deserve
- Craft your case’s strategy
- File your claim and/or lawsuit
We will also consult with field experts to support your case, such as economists, medical professionals, and accident reconstruction specialists.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
We Can Determine the Cause of Your Fuel Truck Accident in Palm Bay, FL
Once we determine the cause of your traffic accident in Palm Bay, we can pursue compensation from the responsible party. After obtaining and reviewing your case’s information, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your collision:
- Consuming alcohol or illicit drugs before or while behind the wheel is dangerous. When a trucker’s cognitive capabilities are impaired, they cannot react to potential hazards, like a car swerving without signaling.
- Imbalanced cargo. If a fuel truck is carrying too much gas, it could throw the truck’s balance off. This could reduce a trucker’s braking time, make it difficult to turn, and cause jackknifing, where the truck’s trailer swings out from the cab.
- Driver inexperience. Even if a trucker has all the right certifications, they might not have the experience necessary to drive certain vehicles in certain conditions. While a trucker might not have meant to cause your accident, this does not free them or their employer from liability.
We may find that other factors caused your truck accident than those listed here.
Palm Bay Fuel Truck AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Our Lawyers Manage All Types of Truck Accident Cases
You might wonder whether your truck accident merits compensation. If you were hurt in a collision and suffered various losses, we’re ready to help you. Some truck accident cases we manage include:
- Sideswipe accidents: This occurs when the driver forgets to check their side mirrors or signal when switching lanes, swiping the car beside them,
- Overturning: This accident occurs when the driver loses control, and the truck flips over.
- Rear-end crashes: fuel trucks need more time to brake than other vehicles–and truckers should know that. Otherwise, they might not have enough time to brake and avoid striking the vehicle in front of them.
- Cargo spills: Gasoline, diesel, ethanol, and other hazardous materials may spill after a collision. This could cause multi-car accidents and hydroplaning.
Even if you don’t see your particular accident listed above, we still encourage you to give us a call.
What You Should Do After a Fuel Truck Accident
You want to do everything possible to recover compensation for your hardships. Some recommendations after being involved in a fuel truck include:
Reporting the Accident to the Authorities
If the police came to the accident scene, they reported the incident to the appropriate authorities. If not, however, you must report the incident yourself, per Florida Statutes § 316.066. The police report will serve as important evidence to support your case during negotiations.
Seeking Medical Attention
The adrenaline rush from an accident can mask the pain for days, so you might not immediately feel hurt after your collision. This makes it crucial to visit a healthcare provider. They can assess your condition and provide evidence to support your allegations.
Notifying Your Insurance Company
Florida is a no-fault state, and you’re required to have personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. After your accident, you’ll file a claim with your own insurer to recover damages––even if you didn’t cause the accident. Your PIP coverage should cover some of your medical bills and lost wages.
Documenting Your Injury-Related Losses
Seeking compensation for your injuries, lost income, and other items can be challenging. So, we ask that you track your injury-related losses as they unfold, such as your medical bills, car repair invoices, and receipts.
While these recommendations should support your case, they are not mandatory. Your lawyer can explain what other measures could protect your right to compensation during your free case review.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Legal Counsel
Were you injured in a fuel truck collision? Consult with our legal team to see what options you have available. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to advocate for your legal rights today. To begin your free case review, dial 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW