If you were injured in a truck accident, you can seek compensation from the at-fault party or your insurance provider. You also have the right to legal assistance from a truck accident lawyer.
Our Orange Park truck accident lawyers can file your claim, collect evidence to identify the parties liable for the accident, and negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement. We can also file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Orange Park Truck Accident Lawyer
If a truck is involved in an accident, the aftermath is potentially catastrophic. Most of the time, victims find themselves in financial ruins. Medical bills, loss of income, car repairs or replacing the vehicle, and future medical treatment for the injuries often leave the victim financially crippled.
Trucking companies are backed by big insurance companies that can intimidate the victim. In some cases, the trucking companies may coerce victims into settling for a small payout. Having a legal team by your side means that you will not have to handle the negotiations with large insurance companies.
Determining Liability in a Truck Accident Case
Truck accident cases are very complex compared to regular car crash cases. Several parties can be responsible for causing the accident that resulted in damages and injuries. A truck accident lawyer with our firm can identify the liable parties by collecting evidence and interviewing eyewitnesses. Usually, the primary responsible parties are the drivers when a truck accident happens.
However, other parties can be responsible for the accident, including:
- Truck Manufacturers: They could be liable if a defective part in the truck caused the accident. It’s a requirement for truck manufacturers to ensure the trucks are safe before they’re released into the market.
- Trucking Companies: They are required to ensure the safety of their drivers while on the road. Failure to maintain the trucks in good mechanical condition and ensure their drivers are adequately trained can result in accidents.
- Truck Loaders:Truck loaders are usually outsourced from a different trucking company. They can be liable for an accident if they don’t follow the correct procedure for loading trucks. An error during the loading of a truck can cause an accident later.
- Truck Owner: The company owning the trucks is primarily different from the one that hires the drivers. In such a case, the truck owners are responsible for mechanical maintenance. If the owners fail to maintain the truck, they can be liable if an accident happens due to mechanical failure.
A truck accident lawyer will assist in identifying all liable parties and seek fair compensation for all damages.
Building a Strong Case
Victims must have sufficient and compelling evidence to win claims against the insurance companies. Before filing the lawsuit, a lawyer will need to collect evidence to ensure the victim gets fair compensation for the monetary loss resulting from the injuries and damages.
Some of the evidence that you can use include:
- Medical Reports: A lawyer can compile all the victim’s medical reports showing all the medical expenses used to treat the injuries, the cost of medication, and future treatment in case of a long-term condition.
- Police Reports:A truck accident attorney can work with the police to get more information about the accident report and present it as evidence.
- Eyewitness Statements:A lawyer can also interview eyewitnesses and get their statements. This can be done during the investigations, so ensure you get the contact information of all witnesses to the accident.
- Photos and Videos: Photographs and videos taken at the accident scene can be used as evidence. The evidence can be from traffic cameras or eyewitness phones.
The lawyer can also work with an accident reconstruction expert to increase the credibility of the evidence and the victim’s chances of winning the claim.
Determining the Value of Your Claim
Another challenging part of an automobile claim is ensuring you receive the compensation that reflects the actual value of your claim and the losses incurred. A lawyer who has handled similar claims knows how to determine the real value. The value of a claim is based on present and future medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
The lawyer will give all essential proof demonstrating the degree of the damage and costs suffered due to the accident. The lawyer will also represent their victims’ interests when negotiating with the insurance company for a fair payout.
Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If the insurance provider is unwilling to agree on a reasonable settlement, it’s advisable to file a case in court to get justice. Lawyers file lawsuits on behalf of the victims and provide evidence to strengthen the suits. In some cases, filing a lawsuit pushes the insurer to offer a reasonable settlement.
Why Choose Us?
One of the crucial roles of a truck accident lawyer is providing professional and legal advice to the victim regarding the car accident claim case. We advise our clients on the steps to follow after the accident, for example, seeking medical treatment straightway and keeping the medical records to be used as evidence.
Our law firm also guides truck accident victims in choosing the best approach to recover the compensation from the insurance provider. There are several ways to settle a claim case, including filing a suit in a court of law, out-of-court settlement, and arbitration. We will help you decide the option that provides the best outcome.
Let Our Truck Accident Lawyer Help With Your Claim
If you sustained injuries and damages in a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence, you do not have to carry the financial, emotional, and physical burden. A lawyer will investigate and collect evidence, build a strong claim, and negotiate with the insurer for a fair settlement while you recover and heal.
Seek legal representation from an Orange Park truck accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today. Call 1-800-747-3733 for a free case review. Act quickly, as Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a) limits your time to file a lawsuit.
We Can Help.