Seeking compensation for your car accident can be more complicated if the liable driver does not have insurance. If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a collision, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you explore every option for recovering your damages.
Our Miramar uninsured motorist car accident lawyers can assist you with your personal injury protection (PIP) claims and seek compensation via other policies you may hold, such as uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) protection. We can also pursue a lawsuit against the at-fault driver or a negligent third party.
Our Broward County Attorneys Will Fight For A Fair Car Accident Settlement
Florida is a no-fault insurance state, which means that your PIP coverage will pay for a portion of your accident-related medical care and lost wages (up to your policy’s limit), regardless of who caused the collision. However, if you have severe injuries and significant medical expenses, your damages may exceed your PIP, leaving you wondering where to turn to recover your losses.
In many cases, you can pursue a claim against the at-fault driver’s liability insurance. But, if the driver who caused your crash is uninsured or underinsured, this may not be an option. Instead, you may need to turn to other insurance policies you hold or seek compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Our Miramar uninsured motorist car accident lawyers can review your case, determine your best options for securing awards, and file your claims or lawsuit. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else. Our team will:
Negotiate With Insurers
Insurance is a business, and insurance companies exist to make a profit. One of the ways they do this is by keeping claims payouts low. Therefore, insurance agents, even those representing your own provider, will look for reasons to reduce or deny your settlement.
Our lawyers can file claims with your PIP, UM/UIM coverage, or other applicable policies you hold, such as comprehensive or collision coverage. We will establish your right to compensation and aggressively negotiate to secure the most advantageous settlement possible.
We will also handle all your case-related communications. This saves you the hassle of dealing with insurance agents and protects you from unintentionally saying or doing something the insurance company could later use against you to decrease your compensation.
Take Action Against Liable Parties
The motorist who hit you may not have insurance, but there may be a liable third party with whom we can file a claim. We can also seek compensation against the at-fault driver and other involved entities with a lawsuit if necessary. Potentially liable third parties may include:
- Another driver. If another driver was involved in the accident between you and the uninsured motorist, they may bear a degree of fault. Examples of driver negligence include speeding, drinking and driving, tailgating, failing to yield, and running a red light or stop sign.
- The uninsured driver’s employer. In some cases, you can hold an employer responsible for their employees’ actions under a legal principle known as vicarious liability. For example, suppose the uninsured motorist who hit you was driving as part of their job duties. In that case, we may be able to seek compensation from their employer for failing to verify that their drivers carry insurance.
- A government or private property owner. Roadway issues like potholes and broken traffic lights can cause auto accidents. If problems with the roadway contributed to your crash, we can seek compensation from the owner or entity in charge of its maintenance.
- A manufacturer. If engine trouble, faulty brakes, defective tires, or another vehicle or auto parts issue caused your accident, we can pursue compensation from the manufacturer. We can also seek damages from a mechanic or garage if negligent vehicle repairs or maintenance contributed to your accident.
Provide Responsive Legal Care
We aim to make seeking the compensation you deserve as easy and stress-free as possible. Our team is available 24/7 to take calls, answer questions, and address your concerns. We even give you your lawyer’s phone number so you can reach out whenever necessary. We can also help schedule medical appointments and get your vehicle repaired.
Another way we serve personal injury clients is by representing them risk-free. We charge nothing up front or out of pocket, and our attorneys only collect a fee if and when they win your case.
Pursue Compensation Before Time Runs Out
According to Florida Statutes § 95.11, you have four years from your accident to sue for personal injury and two years from your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not adhere to these deadlines, the court will likely dismiss your case. Waiting too long may also give the insurance company a reason to reduce or deny your claims. Our lawyers can help you get started today with a free consultation.
Uninsured Motorist Car Accident Damages
If you suffered injuries or lost your loved one because of another party’s negligent or wrongful actions, they should pay for your damages – not you or your family.
Our Miramar uninsured motorist car accident attorneys can seek compensation for:
- Current and future medical bills, including doctor and hospital fees, medical procedures, rehabilitation and physical therapy, medications and medical equipment, and long-term nursing care
- Lost wages, earnings, and benefits, including lost future income and compensation for the loss of your earning capacity if you cannot return to work because of your injuries
- Pain and suffering, including monetary awards for emotional suffering, mental anguish, disabling injuries, scarring, disfigurement, and reduced quality of life
- Property damages, including vehicle repairs and compensation for other damaged items, such as cell phones, laptops, or watches
- Wrongful death, including your loved one’s medical bills, lost wages, funeral and burial expenses, and lost support, companionship, and protection
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today To Discuss Your Miramar Case
An accident with an uninsured driver does not have to jeopardize your financial future. Let the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine put decades of legal experience to work for you. Contact us to learn more about how our Miramar uninsured motorist car accident lawyers can help you recover your losses.
We Can Help.