Car accidents are difficult to deal with even if you walk away without injuries. If you’re dealing with broken ribs, you may be having difficulty earning an income and paying your expenses. These injuries can be debilitating and difficult to heal. If you’re also suffering financial consequences or are without a car, taking on the legal process may seem like an added burden you aren’t equipped to carry.
Thankfully, our Miami Beach broken ribs car accident lawyer can handle your injury claim or lawsuit. You do not have to go through the claims process and possible litigation by yourself. We can be there every step of the way. We will file your case, investigate your accident, and negotiate for the compensation you deserve.
Why Choose the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for Your Broken Ribs Case
We know you have a lot of options for attorneys in Miami Beach, so what makes our team best equipped to handle your case? First and most importantly, our focus is on your health. We want you to get better, so we do what we can to make that happen. Not only will you receive your attorney’s phone number, but our team will schedule your appointments and arrange for your car to be repaired.
There’s a lot going on in the background while your case is in progress. We will keep you informed with frequent updates and answers to your questions. All the while, we will be fighting for compensation that can cover your losses and expenses and improve your quality of life.
Our reviews are evidence of the quality of our services:
- “The Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine went above and beyond all expectations in providing me with top notch service and follow through in successfully settling my case for me, and negotiating my medical bills. Their entire staff were very hands on in providing me with updates. I would highly recommend them to anyone in need of their services!” – Adam S.
- “Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from beginning to conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” – Jos I.
Come find out why our clients post such glowing testimonials. We’d love to give you a better idea of what we can do for you during your free consultation.
Damages After A Miami Beach Broken Ribs Car Accident
If you suffered broken ribs in a Miami Beach car accident, you might have other physical injuries and personal losses as well. Your injury claim can include a request for compensation for all of your damages, not just your broken ribs. Some of the more common categories of damages sought in these cases include:
- Lost wages. If you did not get paid your regular income while you were recuperating from your broken ribs, you might be able to include your lost wages in your demands. This can also include future lost income if you suffer long-term effects and are forced to change careers due to your injuries.
- Medical expenses. Your medical bills, including things like the cost of ambulance transportation, emergency room care, hospital stays, and other necessary treatment for your broken ribs could be included in your case.
- Pain and suffering. In Florida, it’s not always possible to receive compensation for this kind of loss. However, if your injuries are severe, your attorney may be able to demand compensation to mitigate your physical and emotional pain.
If you have additional losses, be sure to bring them to the attention of your Miami Beach broken ribs car accident attorney. They will assess your eligibility to pursue them and include them in your demands when possible.
How To Establish Liability In Your Miami Beach Broken Ribs Car Accident Case
In Florida, you can still receive compensation for your injuries if you caused the accident. However, if someone else caused the accident and your injuries are severe, we may need to pursue additional damages through a lawsuit.
In order to secure compensation this way, we will have to prove all four of these factors:
- The party had a legal duty of care toward you. Everyone who takes control of a vehicle has an obligation to drive safely on the road.
- The defendant breached their legal duty. Violating a duty of care is, by definition, negligence. Oftentimes, this negligence can be established with evidence of a traffic violation such as speeding or failure to yield the right-of-way.
- The negligence caused the accident. Merely being negligent does not necessarily mean they are liable. The careless conduct must be what caused the accident to happen.
- You must have quantifiable damages. Physical injuries satisfy this requirement. In Florida, your broken ribs must be severe enough to meet the threshold for litigation. Our attorney can talk with you about whether this requirement has been met in your case.
How Much Time You Have To Take Legal Action in Miami Beach
Florida’s statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit is four years, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If you do not file your lawsuit before the applicable deadline, you may lose your right to pursue compensation at all.
Getting in touch with an attorney soon after your accident can help you to safeguard your rights. Our team will interpret the statute of limitations for your case (including possible exceptions) and track these deadlines while we pursue your case.
Can You Afford a Car Accident Lawyer for Your Broken Ribs Injury Case?
We handle broken rib car accident cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay upfront for legal fees. Instead, we handle the injury claim and possible lawsuit until we resolve your case. After we win, we will take a percentage of your settlement or court award.
Thankfully, this arrangement allows those in difficult financial straits after an accident to receive individualized legal representation. You don’t ever have to pay out-of-pocket for our help.
Medical Information About Broken Ribs
The Mayo Clinic describes fractured ribs as either cracked or broken bones in the rib cage. You will likely need to restrict your activity and movement to achieve proper healing of your broken ribs. This may mean extended time off of work while you’re unable to earn an income.
Fractured ribs can be so painful that you may need medication or injections just to breathe normally. After your doctor is able to manage the pain adequately, you might need to undergo physical therapy to breathe deeply and avoid complications like pneumonia.
These expenses should be included in your claim or lawsuit. Our team will make sure your current and future medical expenses are accounted for in your demands.
You Can Expect Responsive Legal Care
You should know what to expect from the law firm that handles your personal injury case. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we offer a free initial consultation for you to find out if we are the right law firm for you. This consultation comes with no obligation.
To learn more about your options and the services we provide for injured people in Florida, call or visit us online.
We Can Help.