If you were in a car crash in Lee County, Florida, a car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you go after compensation for your injuries. You worry about recovering from your injuries, and we’ll take care of everything else. We can work directly with the insurance company so that you do not have to. If the injury claim isn’t settled, we can file a lawsuit to get you the monetary damages you deserve.
Call us at 1-800-747-3733 today to set up your free consultation. We can evaluate your case with no obligation on your part. We can investigate the accident, gather the evidence, and work hard to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Damages in Lee County, FL Car Accidents
You want to know how much compensation you will get for your accident, but we cannot give a number at this time because each claim is different. The facts of your specific situation will determine the amount of damages you can collect.
Let’s say that five people got hurt in the same accident. They might each collect a different amount of compensation, depending on variables like the extent of their injuries, how long they could not work, and how well they healed.
We have helped our clients collect damages like these:
- Medical bills. The expenses to treat your injuries can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, doctors, surgery, diagnostic testing, rehabilitation center, prescription drugs, and physical therapy.
- Lost income, for the paychecks you missed because of your injuries. This category can include wages, average tips, salary, self-employment, and other types of income.
- Long-term care. The expense of long-term care for catastrophic injuries can become astronomical. We can include this cost if you need ongoing daily assistance with medical treatment and personal care.
- Diminished earning capacity. This category addresses the situation in which your injuries keep you from making as much money as before the wreck.
- Non-economic losses. This broad category encompasses things like pain and suffering, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, and a spousal claim for loss of consortium.
- Wrongful death. We can go after additional damages for the loss of a close relative from car accident injuries.loss of a close relative from car accident injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Lee County, 800-747-3733
Getting Medical Attention
You should get professional medical care for your injuries right away. If you delay, the physical harm could worsen, or you might heal the best you could have.
Also, some injuries do not exhibit signs immediately, even though you could have severe trauma. You should get a full physical examination after a significant crash, even if you feel fine. The force of a collision can cause damage to internal organs. You could be bleeding internally and not realize it. You could even have broken bones or damage to your neck or back without immediate symptoms.
Your medical records will be valuable evidence in your injury claim. We will use these documents to prove that the wreck caused your injuries. If you do not get medical care right away, the other side will argue that your injuries came from some other event, and not from the crash.
Lee CountyCar Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Protect Your Right to Compensation
You should talk with a car accident lawyer who serves Lee County, FL as soon as possible. The lawyer can help to protect the value of your injury claim. The insurance company will start its defense preparation within days of the crash, and you do not want to fall behind.
Like all states, Florida limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit seeking money damages for your injuries. If you miss the deadlines, you will not get to pursue compensation for the harm you suffered.
Florida law does not force you to have a lawyer help you with your injury claim, but it can be a good idea to do so. Once you get a lawyer on board, the insurance company cannot contact you. If the adjuster calls, tell him or her to talk to your lawyer.
Common Pitfalls of Car Accident Victims
There are multiple ways that things that can go wrong when you are dealing with an insurance company as you try to get compensation for your injuries. Here are some of the common pitfalls:
- Early offer of money. Do not be surprised if the claims adjuster dangles a check under your nose within a few weeks of the crash. It can be tempting to grab that check, but people often find out that they should have received much more money. These people did not know that they have to pay all of their medical bills out of that one check.
- Settling before you finish treatment. If your medical treatment is not complete, you do not know how well you will heal. Let’s say that you are still in physical therapy when you accept a settlement offer. After the round of therapy, your doctor says that you need to have surgery. The insurance company will not pay for the surgery or any residual impairment you might have afterward.
- Recorded statements. The adjuster might ask you to give a recorded statement. These statements are not for your benefit. The purpose of a recorded statement is to get you to say something that the insurance company can take out of context to devalue your injury claim. If the company contacts you to give a statement, have the insurer talk to your lawyer.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Getting Help for Your Lee County, FL Car Accident
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we go the extra mile for our clients. We are responsive to your concerns and needs. We listen to you and take the time to answer your questions. You can focus on getting well, knowing that we are taking care of your legal issues.
Our personal injury firm takes cases on a contingent fee basis, so you do not have to come up with money out of your pocket to get us started on your case. Our fees will come out of the settlement proceeds or award at the end of your case.
Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to set up your free consultation with a car accident lawyer in Lee County, FL. There is no obligation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW