You can pursue compensation if you get hurt because of someone else’s negligence. A personal injury lawyer who serves Lee County, FL can help. You can get help to go after your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
Because we work on a contingency basis, it costs nothing to hire us up front. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733. You can focus your time and attention on getting well while we take care of your personal injury claim.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lee County, call (800) 747-3733
The Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle
We handle a multitude of different personal injury cases. It would be impossible to list all of them here. Here are just some of the claims that we can handle. If your matter is not on the list, just give us a call to see if we can help you.
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car, truck, bus, tractor-trailer, RV, and motorcycle wrecks
- Slip and fall
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Product liability and defective products
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Pedestrian accidents
- Premises liability
- Boat collisions and other boating accidents
- Construction accidents
- Workers’ Compensation
- Pool accidents, including drowning and near-drowning
Lee County Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
What We Have to Prove in a Negligence Case
Most personal injury accidents involve allegations of negligence. Negligence is when someone else’s mistake, failure to act, or carelessness caused you to suffer harm. A personal injury lawyer in Lee County, FL needs to prove all three of these factors to win a negligence claim:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care. If you got hurt because a car hit you when you were crossing the street on foot, the driver of the car had a legal duty to maintain a careful lookout for pedestrians.
- The defendant breached the duty of care. Let’s say that the driver was changing the radio station instead of paying attention to the road, so he did not see that you were in the crosswalk. The defendant failed to live up to the legal duty of care to watch out for pedestrians. It is negligence when a person breaches a legal duty of care.
- The negligence caused your injury. If the driver’s negligence was what caused your injury, then the facts satisfy this third and final element of liability in a negligence claim. If you got hurt because the car hit you as a result of the driver’s failure to keep his eyes on the road, the negligence caused the harm you suffered.
Compensation in Lee County, FL Personal Injury Cases
Every situation is unique, so there is no single number that represents how much people can collect as money damages in Lee County, FL personal injury cases. The facts of your specific case will determine how much you can get for your losses.
If the driver hit three pedestrians in the crosswalk, they will likely all have a different amount of damages. Their injuries will not be identical. They might be out of work recuperating for varying lengths of time. Some of the might heal completely, while others might face years of chronic pain and limited mobility.
Here are some of the damages we have won for our personal injury clients:
- Medical costs. Your damages claim can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, surgery, doctors, lab work, x-rays, prescription drugs, physical therapy, and rehabilitation center.
- Lost income. You can recoup the wages, salary, average tips, self-employment, and other income you missed because of the accident and recuperation time.
- Decreased earning potential. If you can no longer make as much money as before the wreck because of the harm you suffered, you can get damages for this loss.
- Long-term care. If you sustained devastating injuries that leave you in need of ongoing daily assistance with medical treatment and personal care, the costs can add up quickly. You can add this expense to your damages claim.
- Pain and suffering damages can compensate you for the physical discomfort and emotional distress of what you experienced.
- Other non-economic losses can include things like the loss of enjoyment of life, disfigurement, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and a spousal claim for loss of consortium.
- Wrongful death, if the accident took the life of your close relative.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What We Do for Our Personal Injury Clients
Our clients matter to us at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We do not hesitate to go the extra mile to get you all the compensation you deserve. You will receive personal, responsive care. You are not a number to us.
You can concentrate your energy on getting well. We can take care of the rest.
We investigate every personal injury case we take. We will gather your medical records to prove the severity of the harm you suffered. We can get your employment documents to verify the days that you could not work while you were recuperating. We can work with experts to show how the injuries affect your ability to earn a living and enjoy activities that used to bring you joy.
Protecting Your Right to Compensation
You should avoid these common traps that can decrease the amount of money damages that you receive for your injury losses:
- Delay. Florida law gives you a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit for personal injury damages. If you miss the deadline, the law will not allow you to seek compensation for your losses.
- Recorded statements. The claims adjuster might contact you and ask you to give a recorded statement. Tell the adjuster to talk with your lawyer instead. Recorded statements give the insurer an opportunity to hurt the value of your claim. The company can take your words out of context to say something you did not intend.
- Lowball offers. If the adjuster makes a quick offer of money within weeks of the accident, beware. You will have to pay all the medical bills out of the settlement check, which can leave you with very little money. You might find out later that you should have gotten much more money for your claim.
Be sure to call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine right away if someone else’s carelessness caused you to get hurt. Do not miss the deadline. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to line up a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer in Lee County, FL. There is no obligation.