While fuel trucks play an important role in our economy, these vehicles can pose a hazard to others while on the road. Fuel trucks transport flammable chemicals, meaning that collisions with these vehicles can lead to explosions, serious injuries, and fatalities. Many factors can complicate the financial recovery process.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by a fuel truck, a Jacksonville fuel truck lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can fight for your right to compensation. Our lawyers are familiar with the obstacles that are present in these types of claims and can help you understand your legal options. To learn more in a free, no-obligation consultation, call us today at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a fuel truck accidents lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (800) 747-3733
Dangers of Fuel Trucks
Fuel trucks must be operated with care to avoid injuring others in an accident.
The following factors may have contributed to the severity of your collision:
- Weight. Small tanker trucks have the capacity to hold 3,000 gallons of fuel, while large tanker trucks can hold 11,600 gallons of fuel, according to Transcourt Tank Leasing. The weight and size of a fuel truck alone can cause life-threatening injuries to the occupants of a passenger vehicle. Yet, regardless of how severely you were injured, a Jacksonville fuel truck lawyer can help you.
- Combustible cargo. If a fuel truck collides with another vehicle, it may cause an explosion because of the highly combustible materials the truck is carrying. You may be able to file a wrongful death claim if you lost a loved one in a fuel truck accident.
- Longer braking time. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, a fully loaded truck traveling at 65 miles per hour needs the length of two football fields to come to a complete stop. Truckers must employ safe driving practices when it comes to braking.
- Maneuverability. Fuel trucks can be more difficult to maneuver. Truckers must be properly vetted, trained, and screened before being hired to drive a fuel truck. If not, the trucker and their employer could be held financially responsible in the event of an accident.
- Environmental damage. When a fuel truck crashes, oil may flood the roadway and cause secondary accidents. Your Jacksonville fuel truck lawyer can explain your legal options if this factor caused your collision.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we understand that many contributing elements could have resulted in your injuries and expenses. Our legal team will conduct an investigation in your accident to determine who can be held responsible for your losses. To begin a free consultation, call us today at 1-800-747-3733.
Jacksonville Fuel Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Possible Injuries From a Fuel Truck Crash
Right now, you could be suffering from many different injuries that impact your quality of life.
You may have sustained one or more of the following injuries:
- Head trauma
- Broken and fractured bones
- Spinal cord trauma
- Chemical burns
- Cuts and lacerations
The Jacksonville fuel truck lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine understand how accident injuries can alter a person’s life. We can use the evidence in your case to calculate the cost of your accident-related expenses and fight for your right to compensation.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a collision caused by a fuel truck, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to assist you. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more about your legal rights and options.