Slip and fall accidents can occur for a variety of reasons when visiting another party’s property. Stairways without rails, poor lighting, and transitory foreign substances can all pose a threat to the safety of visitors. If you suffered a traumatic brain injury from a slip and fall accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can provide responsive legal care. We can investigate the details of your accident to determine who can be held responsible, and from there, assert that negligence ultimately caused your financial losses.
A Jacksonville paralysis traumatic brain injuries lawyer can help you navigate the legal process while you recover from your injuries. To get started with a free consultation, call us at 1-800-747-3733.
For a free legal consultation with a paralysis traumatic brain injuries lawyer serving Jacksonville, call (800) 747-3733
Assigning Liability in a Slip and Fall Case
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), slip and fall accidents are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries. Every year, over 800,000 people are hospitalized due to injuries sustained from falling.
For your slip and fall case to be successful, your legal team will need to prove that the party responsible for your losses either knew or should have known about a potential danger.
Under Florida Statute §768.0755, your Jacksonville paralysis traumatic brain injuries lawyer could hold a property owner responsible for your losses if:
- The hazard existed for so long that somebody should have discovered it.
- The hazard occurred with such regularity that somebody should have discovered and remedied it.
Additionally, your lawyer must establish four elements in your case.
These factors include:
- Duty of care. The property owner had a duty of care to make the premises safe for guests.
- Breach of care. The property owner violated their duty of care by allowing a potential hazard to remain on the premises.
- Causation. The unremedied hazard caused an accident in which you were injured.
- Damages. You have incurred financial losses as a result of the property owner’s negligence.
To learn more about what goes into establishing fault in a slip and fall case, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.
Jacksonville Paralysis Traumatic Brain Injuries Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Start Pursuing Compensation With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
A Jacksonville paralysis traumatic brain injuries lawyer can provide many services to promote your claim’s success. However, you have a limited time to act. Under Florida Statute §95.11, you usually have four years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit against the negligent party. If you do not take action within this period, you may have to pay for your accident-related expenses out of pocket.
Your legal team can:
- File your case to the appropriate offices
- Explain your legal options, protections, and rights
- Manage all communications with those involved
- Collect evidence to assign liability
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Take your case to court, if necessary
We want to get started advocating for your legal rights today. To learn more, call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733.