Collisions with moving vans can get complicated for many reasons. First off, many companies rent moving vans to individuals – who might not understand how to maneuver large vehicles. Sometimes, the companies themselves are liable for these accidents, forcing you to go head-to-head with a multi-million-dollar corporation.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is ready to pursue compensation regardless of who (or what) caused your accident in Alachua County. A Gainesville moving van accident lawyer from our firm will file your claim or lawsuit to recover what you need. We offer free case reviews.
We Will File Your Lawsuit Within Florida’s Filing Deadline
Since 2006, we’ve recovered millions for injured claimants, including those hurt in moving truck accidents. Usually, we’re able to resolve injury cases through insurance negotiations. Here, we approach the liable insurer with evidence, present our client’s damages, and reach an agreement.
Yet, if the moving van company doesn’t want to settle (or your losses exceed the liable policy’s limits), we may consider filing a lawsuit. You generally have four years from your accident’s date to file, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). If you lost a loved one, you typically have two years to file.
There Are Other Reasons to Consider Prompt Legal Action
The statute of limitations isn’t the only reason to consider partnering with a moving truck accident lawyer as soon as possible; other time-sensitive matters include:
- Evidence. Chances are, you’ll have photos of the accident on your phone for months to come. The same cannot be said for traffic camera footage and witnesses’ accounts. This information may only remain for a few weeks (if not less) after the collision. By working with a lawyer as soon as possible, we can gather the evidence needed to support your right to damages.
- The insurance company. Imagine this scenario. You were hurt in a moving van accident but didn’t file your claim right away. You wait two months to notify your insurer. In this case, the insurer could argue that because of the delay, your injuries came from another incident – and not the moving van accident. This could make it difficult to recover damages.
For a free legal consultation with a moving van accidents lawyer serving Gainesville, 800-747-3733
We’re Committed to Recovering the Full Cost of Your Injury-Related Expenses
Recoverable damages after your moving van accident in Gainesville may include:
- Medical expenses. Compensation can include ambulance transportation to the hospital, operations, doctors’ visits, x-rays, and other medical testing appointments.
- Lost wages. This could comprise compensation associated with your employment-related losses, including lost tips, bonuses, wages, and benefits.
- Pain and suffering. Pain and suffering accounts for the emotional and physical trauma you suffered as a result of getting hurt.
- Property damage expenses. Colliding with a van may have damaged your vehicle. We will seek reimbursement for your car’s repair or replacement.
- Wrongful death-related expenses. We understand that financial recovery won’t undo your loved one’s passing. However, it can make paying for certain costs easier, such as your loved one’s funeral, burial, and healthcare expenses.
The Value of Your Losses Depends on Multiple Factors
While we’re committed to recovering the full cost of your injury-related losses, how much you can recover largely depends on your situation, such as:
- Your diagnosis and prognosis
- Your mobility
- Your ability to work and support yourself
- The cost of your financial losses (such as your medical bills and lost income)
- Your portion of fault for the collision
- The liable insurance policy’s limits
We will use information to establish what you’re owed, such as billing statements, invoices, car repair estimates, and receipts.
GainesvilleMoving Van Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Moving Van Accident in Gainesville
After reviewing the police report, traffic camera footage, and witness statements, we may find that one or more of the following factors contributed to your accident:
- Distracted driving
- Poor weather conditions, like fog or heavy rain
- Improper maintenance or repairs
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Problems with cargo loading or securement
- Failing to yield
- Driver experience
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Considerations After a Moving Truck Accident in Gainesville, FL
This might be your first time being involved in a serious collision. As such, you might not understand your next steps. To protect your right to financial recovery, we recommend that you:
- Seek medical help. This may involve visiting an urgent care center, emergency room, or hospital. You might even choose your own physician for an evaluation.
- Gather all information related to the crash. Any piece of information related to your case could make it stronger. This includes keeping photos of the accident scene, copies of emails between yourself and the insurer, and your financial documentation.
- Notify your insurance company. Because Florida operates on a no-fault system, you might first start your case by filing a claim with your auto insurance provider. Whether or not this raises your premiums depends on your insurance provider.
- Consider your legal options. Collisions are just an unfortunate fact of the moving van industry. Yet, when you suffer harm in an accident, you have options. With a lawyer, they can manage communications with the involved parties, calculate your losses, and fight for what you need.
- Limit what you share online. There are only two people that need to know your case’s details: you and your Gainesville moving van accident lawyer. If you publicly share details about your case (especially online), the insurance company could use your words against you.
Our Florida team can explain what other measures could benefit your situation when you give us a call.
Gainesville Moving Van AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Begin Your Free Case Evaluation with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
There is no reason to put off filing a claim or lawsuit any longer. Our team is ready to break ground on your case and start advocating for your rights today. During your free case review, you can explore partnering with our law firm serving Gainesville. We’re prepared to answer each of your questions and alleviate your stress.
To get started, dial 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW