If you or a loved one was injured in a Florida bus accident as a passenger, driver in another car, or a pedestrian, you may be entitled to recover compensation for your medical bills and other losses. A bus accident lawyer in Florida can help you pursue compensation for damages and represent you in litigation if necessary.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers legal services for bus crash victims and their family members. We can provide legal counsel and, if necessary, represent you in court. To schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation, contact us today at 1-800-747-3733.
Recovering Compensation for Your Florida Bus Accident Injuries
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, you may be able to recover compensation from one or more parties. To do so, you must file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurer.
If you enlist our help with your bus accident case, we will handle all of the following:
- Submitting any necessary paperwork to the insurer
- Gathering documents or evidence that supports your claim
- Managing communication and negotiation with the insurance company(s)
- Filing an injury lawsuit in a Florida court if necessary
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Florida, 800-747-3733
Establishing Who Is At Fault in a Bus Accident
When a bus accident occurs, our primary concern is to establish what happened and who is at fault. We will investigate the crash to gather facts and determine who caused or contributed to the accident.
The following parties may have played a part in your crash:
- TheBus Driver: The crash may be the result of operator error. The driver may have been distracted or fatigued or he may have practiced poor judgment.
- The Bus Company: The company managing the bus may have failed to provide proper maintenance for the vehicle.
- The Bus Manufacturer: The manufacturer may have built or used defective parts for the bus.
- Another Reckless or Negligent Driver: A reckless or negligent third-party driver may have driven into the bus or caused the bus to veer off the road.
Note: Even if the bus company had nothing to do with the collision, if the bus driver’s negligence caused the crash, the company is likely your liable party. We can help you determine the liable party and file against it.
FloridaBus Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Issues You May Face in a Bus Accident Case
Bus accident lawsuits are not always easy to resolve. Liability can be difficult to determine and there are several moving parts to consider. For example:
- The bus driver is usually not the liable party: Unless the bus driver is an independent contractor, the bus company is usually liable for any accidents the driver causes.
- The company’s financial losses may be significant: A bus accident can cause significant losses for a bus company. You can expect the company, its insurer, and its legal team to fight tooth and nail to avoid paying you what you deserve.
Our team has handled countless bus accident cases over the years. This experience has allowed us to become familiar with the tactics an insurer might use to avoid paying out. It has also allowed us to anticipate and counter these tactics to protect our clients’ right to compensation.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Losses You May Be Able to Recover After a Florida Bus Accident
A bus accident can cause several different types of injuries. Therefore, you may be able to recover your financial losses for more than one type of damage. For instance:
- Medical Expenses: Surgeries and other medical expenses you incurred while in the hospital
- Loss of Wages: Lost wages or benefits from missing work
- Lost Earning Capacity: Compensation for wage loss if your injuries require you to work less hours, take a lower-paying job, or retire completely
- Pain and Suffering: Physical pain or emotional turmoil you have suffered since the accident
- Property Damage: Auto repairs or vehicle replacement
- Wrongful Death: Funeral and burial expenses, loss of services, etc. if your loved one died in the accident
Call our office at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Florida Bus AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Working Out a Settlement With the At-Fault Party
Chances are the bus company’s insurer will issue you a settlement quickly after the accident. Do not accept this settlement offer without speaking to one of our attorneys. Chances are the offer will be much lower than what you deserve. We can negotiate with the insurer until it offers what you deserve, or we can take it to court.
Act Quickly or You Risk Recovering Nothing
You have four years to file suit after an injury in Florida, per Florida Statute § 95.11. If the bus company was a government entity, the time limit might be much shorter. However, witnesses can move, memories can fade, and companies can go under in much less time than that.
Call a member of our Florida bus accident team to get started today.
Hiring a Bus Accident Attorney in Florida
You may want to seek legal counsel from a bus accident attorney in Florida. Hiring an injury attorney may give you the leverage you to recover your expenses and proceed with litigation.
The initial consultation is free, and we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay us nothing unless we win your case.
If you or a family member is a victim of a bus accident, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you file a claim. Get a free, no-obligation consultation from one of our bus accident lawyers who can answer your questions.
To schedule an evaluation in Florida, call us at 1-800-747-3733.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW