Being involved in a car accident in Eustis, FL can be frightening and overwhelming, especially if you have been seriously injured. If this has happened to you and you are not sure what your next steps should be, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free consultation.
Florida Is a No-Fault Insurance State
Florida’s no-fault insurance law—FL § 627.7407—states that drivers who live in this state are legally required to purchase personal injury protection (PIP) in the amount of $10,000 to cover injuries and property damage in case of an automobile accident. If your injuries are minor and your property damage negligible, this may be enough coverage.
However, if your injuries are more serious and you meet Florida’s serious injury threshold, your property damage is substantial, and you can prove that the other party is liable for your damages, you may be entitled to compensation. A personal injury attorney will gather all the evidence related to your case and evaluate how much your case is worth. A Eustis car accident lawyer will negotiate with the insurance company to reach an agreement that is satisfactory before trial but if this isn’t possible, we will take your case to trial.
My Bills Are Accumulating Faster Than I Can Pay Them
The goal of most personal injury attorneys is to get you the compensation you need and deserve to get your life back to normal after a car accident. Some of the damages we can recover compensation for are:
- Emergency care
- Hospital inpatient care
- Prescription medications
- Rehabilitation, inpatient and outpatient
- Physical therapy
- Ambulance transportation
- Nursing care, currently and in the future
- Assistive devices such as canes and wheelchairs
- Lost wages, currently and in the future
- Rental car costs
- Vehicle repairs
- Other expenses related to the accident
The Serious Injury Threshold
PIP coverage will be insufficient to cover the medical treatment and associated costs if your injuries are severe. To meet Florida’s serious injury threshold, you must prove that:
- The injury resulted in significant impairment affecting an important body part, such as blindness
- The injury is permanent
- The injury caused permanent scarring or disfigurement
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 can tell you what the value of your case is and whether you can pursue a third-party car insurance claim. It is helpful to file your claim as soon as possible since the statute of limitations—or deadline for filing your case—under FL § 95.11. is generally four years from the date of the accident. Memories fade over time and paperwork (especially from doctors and other treatment providers) can take time to arrive on your attorney’s desk and be readied for inclusion in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Eustis, 800-747-3733
Having Partial Responsibility for the Accident
Insurance companies may allege that you are partly or totally at fault for the accident to decrease the amount of compensation they must pay out to satisfy your claim. They may say that:
- You were driving while intoxicated
- You violated traffic laws
- You did not slow down or modify your speed for inclement weather conditions or road hazards
- You failed to use your signals or did not change lanes safely
- You were speeding
- You were distracted because you were on your cell phone or using a navigation device
- You were sleepy or fatigued
- You were distracted because you were reprimanding your children
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can determine whether you have any responsibility for the accident and what your options are for filing a claim.
Your Insurance Company Is Not Your Friend
Insurance companies are in the business of making a profit. They would prefer to collect premiums rather than pay out money. When you hire a personal injury attorney to handle your claim, the insurance company understands that you are serious about being compensated for your injuries and damages. If they were not responding to your emails, letters, or phone calls, or if your representative was never there when you called, or if their settlement offers were not nearly enough to cover your injuries and damages, an attorney will know how to negotiate with them and will use his or her skills to try to obtain a settlement amount that is satisfactory to cover your damages.
Hiring an Attorney
Hiring a personal injury attorney to handle your car accident can be helpful. Your attorney will:
- Consult with you about your case;
- Investigate your case;
- Gather evidence for your case;
- Open a line of communication with your insurance company and other parties involved in your case;
- Negotiate with the insurance company;
- File a lawsuit with the court; and,
- Litigate the case in court if settlement negotiations with the insurance company do not result in a fair settlement amount.
EustisCar Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Seeking Legal Aid from a Eustis Car Accident Lawyer
You can help your case by:
- Not sharing any information about it on social media
- Preserving all the evidence collected in the case and making sure your attorney receives it. Photos and videos from the accident scene, medical reports, police reports, and your own recollections can be very helpful as your lawyer is compiling and organizing your case
- Following up on medical treatment and any recommended physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Not making any recorded statements or written statements to the insurance company unless you speak with your Eustis car accident lawyer first
If you have been involved in a car accident in Eustis, FL, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free case evaluation. Our legal team is standing by to help you get the compensation you deserve.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW