Truck accidents cause injuries and losses that can be hard for victims to heal from. Commercial vehicles are heavier and weigh more than a standard motor vehicle, so a collision with them is often devastating. If you or a loved one is recovering from a truck accident in Estero, FL, that someone else’s negligence caused, you can explore your legal options to recover medical bills, lost income, and non-economic damages.
It’s hard to manage a personal injury case when you are in the hospital or at home recovering. Fortunately, our Estero personal injury attorneys can take care of everything while you rest. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free consultation to learn how our Estero truck accident lawyers can seek damages on your behalf and hold the parties who caused the accident accountable.
We Will Demand All Your Recoverable Damages After An Estero Truck Accident
Our truck accident attorneys are serious about you receiving the financial compensation you need after a commercial vehicle accident. Whether the crash involved an 18-wheeler, a moving truck, or a delivery truck, you should recover every loss you endured because of a negligent driver.
When our law office works on your case, we will consider all damages, economic and non-economic, such as:
- Medical bills (past, current, and future)
- Rehabilitation expenses
- Lost income and employment benefits
- Lost future earning ability
- Property damages (e.g., vehicle repair and replacement)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Impaired quality of life
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of consortium
Wrongful Death Damages After a Fatal Accident
Please accept our condolences if you lost a loved one in a big-rig collision in Estero. Our law firm can lead your wrongful death lawsuit for damages if you can pursue them under Florida law. These losses can include:
- Your loved one’s medical bills for accident-related injuries
- Your loved one’s funeral expenses and burial costs
- Lost household income
- Your family’s pain and suffering
You can learn more about your legal options and how our wrongful death attorney can help you prove wrongful death in Florida. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free initial consultation and discuss your wrongful death claim.
How Our Estero Truck Accident Lawyers Can Lead Your Injury Case
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we believe in going the extra mile for our clients. Our responsive legal care begins the minute we meet you and talk with you about your legal matter. If you become our client, we will lead your entire case from beginning to end while you concentrate on receiving post-accident care. We can schedule your medical appointments and service repairs and ensure you have what you need while we work to resolve your case.
You can expect professional legal representation. We will:
- Work on your case at no upfront cost or fee so we can start on your case as soon as possible.
- Protect your rights and interests as we work on your case.
- Investigate the accident to determine what happened.
- Collect evidence to prove who and what caused the crash in Estero, FL (e.g., a police report, witness statements, medical records, photos, and video surveillance).
- Protect time-sensitive evidence that supports your case.
- Identify all liable parties who could owe you damages.
- Assess your financial and non-financial damages to determine how much compensation you can demand.
- Determine how personal injury protection (PIP) coverage affects your damages and help you with a no-fault accident claim.
- Manage all communications with all involved parties, including insurers for opposing parties.
- Lead negotiations for a fair settlement.
- File a civil lawsuit if we cannot resolve your case within Florida’s statute of limitations.
- Meet all case deadlines and keep your case on track.
- Answer all emails and phone calls promptly and update you regularly on your case.
Collecting Evidence In A Commercial Motor Vehicle Case
Eighteen-wheeler accidents and other collisions with heavy vehicles are different from car accidents in various ways. One significant difference is that the opposing parties in your case could hold evidence in their possession that could prove your case. Such evidence could be:
- The truck driver’s logbooks, qualifications, training, and credentials
- The truck’s maintenance logs and inspection reports
- Dashcam footage from the truck
- Black box data
- Alcohol and drug testing results
The Estero truck accident lawyer working on your case can send a spoliation letter to ask opposing parties to preserve this evidence.
Your Estero Truck Crash Could Involve Multiple Parties
Another way commercial truck accidents differ from passenger car wrecks is multiple parties could be responsible for victims’ damages, including any that were not at the scene when the collision occurred. That means the truck driver may not be the only party liable for the crash. We will identify all parties that are responsible for the harm you suffered, which could include:
- The truck driver’s employer
- The truck’s owner, which may differ from the company that employs the driver
- A truck repair service
- A manufacturer who made a defective vehicle or vehicle part (e.g., faulty brakes and braking system)
- A company responsible for loading the truck driver’s cargo load
- A municipality that maintains the road where the accident occurred
- A third-party motorist or road user
We will identify every person or entity that should cover your truck accident losses. Truck crashes often involve state and federal laws as well. These laws are not easy to follow, but an attorney who handles these cases will know which ones apply to your case and explain how they could affect your case’s outcome.
You Don’t Have Long to Submit Your Personal Injury Lawsuit in Estero
Florida law does not allow accident victims to take a long time to seek damages in civil court. Our Estero truck accident lawyer generally has only two years to pursue losses on your behalf, whether they file your personal injury case or wrongful death case, per Florida Statutes § 95.11.
If the court does not have your case when the deadline expires, you will lose your opportunity to receive financial recovery. We will help you demand every penny you deserve from the liable parties for the commercial truck accident in Estero, FL.
We Are Ready To Represent You After An Estero Truck Accident – Call Today
Don’t wait to hire legal representation. When you hire the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you have all the time you need to recover from your injuries and spend time with your family.
Call today to get started during a free, no-obligation consultation. During your consultation, we will offer legal advice and answer any questions you have about 18-wheeler crashes.
We Can Help.