You were minding your own business when a drunk driver came out of nowhere, ran a red light, and slammed into your vehicle. Now you’re in constant pain every day because of your injuries, your medical bills are crushing you with debt, and you can’t return to work.
Holding the drunk driver accountable and fighting for compensation to cover your losses can help you reclaim your life and secure your future. A Deland car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can handle your case, so you can focus on recovering.
Your Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer Can Recover Damages in Deland
Drunk driving is negligent. Any driver with a 0.08 percent blood alcohol level is considered impaired under Florida law. Because your injuries are due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to recover compensation.
An attorney from our firm can identify the recoverable damages that apply to you and calculate the value of your compensation package. Then we’ll demand an appropriate amount from the liable party (or their insurance provider) to cover your losses.
Potential damages we can recover after a drunk driving car accident include:
- Medical bills: Many injuries require medical attention. The severity of your injuries will determine how much care you require. Compensation can help cover emergency care, hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, medical equipment, diagnostic tests, lab work, future medical costs, and more.
- Lost income: Your injuries may force you to temporarily or permanently miss work, which means you can’t earn an income or pay bills. Compensation can help cover your current and future lost income as well as vacation, sick leave, bonuses, and benefits.
- Household services: Your injuries may prevent you from providing the household services you would normally perform, such as cleaning and yard work. Compensation can help cover the cost of hiring someone else to provide these services for you.
- Child care costs: If your injuries require doctor visits or physical therapy sessions, your kids may require supervision during these times. Compensation can help cover the cost of child care so you never have to miss an appointment.
- Pain and suffering: Your injuries may cause you daily pain, mental anguish, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment. You could also be disabled or disfigured because of the accident. These damages are more complex to calculate, but they should still be included in your compensation package.
- Wrongful death: If you lost someone you love in a drunk driving car accident, our firm would like to extend our sincere condolences to you and your family. We can pursue wrongful death damages on your behalf to cover funeral costs, final medical bills, lost income, and more. Let us take care of your legal matters while you take time to grieve.
There are no caps on damages in Florida, which means there are no limits on the amount of compensation you could receive to cover your losses. Florida courts can also order the liable party to pay punitive damages up to three times the amount of compensatory damages.
Let a Deland Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer From Our Firm Build Your Case
When you begin your search for a personal injury lawyer, you understandably expect them to put the time and resources into your case that it deserves. After all, a drunk driver just radically changed your life. You want compensation so you can regain a sense of normalcy and move forward, knowing your future is secure and the liable party has been held accountable.
You also want a lawyer who can build a solid case. If you hire our firm, you can expect us to do the following:
- Investigate the accident thoroughly and collect evidence to support your claim
- Calculate the value of your claim according to the economic and non-economic recoverable damages that apply to you
- Negotiate with the liable party and their insurer to reach a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit and represent you at trial, if necessary
- Provide your lawyer’s contact information
- Give you regular updates on the status of your case
- Treat you with respect—always
- Explain your legal options and guide you through the process
- Work on a contingency fee basis, so you don’t pay anything unless we win your case
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, your personal injury case is as important to us as it is to you. We believe in holding drunk drivers accountable for their negligence and getting justice for victims like you. Our firm has many years of experience in handling personal injury cases, and we are ready to learn more about yours during a free consultation.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to Act
Building a solid personal injury case takes time. While you should carefully consider your options, keep in mind that you must make a decision before the statute of limitations runs out.
You only have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit in Florida, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). You also only have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit in Florida, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d). You will likely lose your right to seek compensation through the civil courts if either deadline passes.
Our attorneys are committed to preparing your case for court and can ensure that you meet all legal deadlines, including the applicable statute of limitations.
Consult a Drunk Driving Car Accident Lawyer in Deland, FL Today
Drunk driving accidents rip families apart every day. These are preventable tragedies—and preventing future tragedies not only involves criminal prosecution of drunk drivers but also holding them financially accountable in civil court.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is committed to supporting Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) and drunk driving car accident victims in Deland. To schedule a free consultation with our firm, please contact us today.
We Can Help.