You have worked for years, but due to an injury or disability, you are no longer able to work or can no longer work the same job as before. If this is you, you may be eligible to collect benefits from Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI).
Following in an injury or diagnosis of a disability, you may be worried about your future and how you will pay your bills or provide for your family. Our personal injury firm, The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, can help you obtain the benefits you deserve.
Contact a Social Security disability lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL, today for more information about filing for Social Security disability or appealing a denial. Call 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your case with a member of our team.
Types of Injuries, Impairments, or Disabilities Eligible for Social Security Disability
Over the years, you have worked hard and paid into Social Security. Now that you are injured and either unable to work or unable to work at the same capacity, you may be eligible to collect the benefits you paid into.
There is a wide range of impairments that may qualify for social security disability. The Social Security Blue Book lists these impairments, which include:
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Disorders of the spine
- Cystic fibrosis
- Chronic pulmonary hypertension
- Lung transplant
- Chronic heart failure
- Ischemic heart disease
- Immune system disorders
- Endocrine disorders
- Genetic photosensitivity disorders
- Bipolar disorder
Keep in mind, this is just a short list of disorders that may be eligible for Social Security disability. A Social Security disability lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL can help you determine if your disability or impairment is on the Social Security’s list of impairments.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Coconut Creek, 800-747-3733
Eligibility Requirements for Social Security Disability
There are two main eligibility requirements for Social Security disability. These include:
- You must have worked recently enough to earn the required number of work credits. In most cases, full-time workers will meet this requirement.
- You must have a medical condition that meets the Social Security Administration’s definition for disability.
5 Requirements the SSA Uses to Determine Disability
If you have worked enough to be eligible for Social Security disability, you will also need to meet the following criteria.
- You are not working or are making less than $1,220 per month.
- You have a ‘severe’ condition that limits your ability to lift, stand, sit, or recall information and are not expected to recover at all, or for at least twelve months.
- Your condition is listed in the SSA’s Blue Book of medical conditions or is as severe as other conditions listed.
- Your impairment or disability prevents you from working in the same job you had previously.
- You are unable to do other work, based on your condition, age, education, or experience.
It is important to note that certain conditions may qualify for disability even if they do not meet the requirements above.
In addition, certain disorders are eligible for an expedited application process. A Social Security disability lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL can determine if any exceptions apply in your case.
Coconut CreekSocial Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Social Security Disability Benefits
Social Security disability benefits are only available for those suffering from total disability. Persons suffering from short term (less than 12 months) or partial disability do not qualify for benefits in most cases.
If you do qualify for SSDI, here are the benefits you can expect to collect.
Average Social Security Disability Benefits
The average Social Security disability payment is $1,234 per month. Your payment may be higher or lower, based on the unique details of your case. A social security disability lawyer can help you estimate benefits based on your situation.
How Social Security Benefits are Determined
The amount of benefits you are eligible for are based on your lifetime average earnings and other payments you receive, including worker’s comp or pension.
It is impossible to give an accurate estimate of the benefits you might collect without reviewing your case. Contact our team at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss the details of your application.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Appealing a Social Security Disability Denial
If you applied for social security disability and were denied, you still have options. The first step is to submit an SSA-561 Request for Reconsideration form.
If your reconsideration form is not approved, you can appeal the decision through several different appeals levels, including:
- A hearing with an administrative law judge
- A review by the Appeals Council
- Review by the Federal Court
In some cases, simply filing an appeal with additional evidence will result in approval. A Social Security disability lawyer can guide you through the appeals process. You pay nothing unless we can recover benefits for you.
Coconut Creek Social Security DisabilityYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
How a Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help Your SSD Application
You do not need a lawyer to apply for Social Security disability. However, there are several benefits to working with a legal team. If we take on your case, we will:
- Address any questions or concerns you have about the application or appeals process.
- Explain how rules and exceptions might apply in your case.
- Gather evidence and submit documentation to support your claim.
- File your claim for you.
- Handle the appeals process, from start to finish.
Contact a Social Security Disability Lawyer in Coconut Creek, FL
A severe disability can impact every aspect of your life. You may be in pain, unable to pay bills, and unsure about your future if you are overwhelmed by the Social Security disability application process or were denied benefits by SSA, our legal team can help.
Call The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consult about your Social Security disability case.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW