If you have been injured in a car accident and suffered injuries in Clermont, FL, you may be thinking about filing a lawsuit to recover compensation. The personal injury lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine work with victims of car accidents in Florida and know how to pursue the compensation you deserve. Call a Clermont car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a no-cost consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Clermont, call (800) 747-3733
Florida Car Insurance
Because Florida is a no-fault state, if you are injured in an accident, your own insurance is responsible for compensating you after you make a claim. If there was property damage caused by the accident, you can make a claim against the other driver’s insurance company, too.
When purchasing automobile insurance in Florida, residents are required to have a minimum of $10,000 personal injury protection (PIP) and a minimum of $10,000 property damage liability insurance. Your PIP coverage covers any passenger in your car that does not have coverage, as well.
Clermont Car Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Recoverable Damages After a Car Accident in Clermont, FL
If you are a victim of a car accident and you want to file a claim, several factors will influence how much compensation you can be awarded in your car accident settlement. While every case is unique, the damages you can pursue may include:
- Your current and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Diminished earning capacity;
- Vehicle damage; and
- Pain and suffering.
Pain and suffering is a calculation regarding the impact and effects the car accident had on your life, including:
- The severity of your injuries;
- The amount of pain you suffer from the injuries;
- The impact the injuries have on your work and recreational life;
- The medical treatment you underwent;
- Whether you are expected to recover from those injuries; and,
- Whether you will need ongoing medication or other treatment to manage your pain.
The Statute of Limitations in Florida
A statute of limitations sets the deadline for bringing a lawsuit. In most cases, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a claim for damages in Florida. If you want to file a lawsuit after that date, the court will typically reject the claim.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How a Car Accident Lawyer in Clermont, FL, Can Help With Your Settlement
Insurance companies may not offer a settlement larger enough to cover all your current and future expenses. If you sign a release to accept their offer, you waive your rights to claim compensation for the accident in the future even if it does not account for your full damages. A Clermont car accident lawyer can help you negotiate a fair settlement—and take your case to court if necessary.
Understanding the Full Extent of Your Damages
Your injuries may not be immediately noticeable after a car accident, although many are. The injuries most often associated with car accidents in Clermont, FL, include:
- Impact injuries: This occurs when a part of the body hits a part of the car.
- Penetrating injuries: Lacerations, cuts, and scrapes resulting from shattered glass or loose items being thrown around the car.
- Soft tissue injuries: This is damage to the body’s connective tissue, including muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Whiplash is a soft tissue injury to the neck and upper back.
- Head and spinal cord injuries: These can range from minor bumps to traumatic brain injury (TBI). A severe impact can cause a closed head injury where the fluid and tissue inside the skull are damaged. Injuries like these can cause permanent brain damage.
- Chest injuries: These injuries range from bruising in the chest area to broken ribs to internal injuries.
- Arm and leg injuries: These injuries can range from a sprained ankle to compound fractures to amputations.
- Psychological trauma: Individuals who have been involved in car accidents and were seriously injured frequently suffer from PTSD and other mental health disorders that impact their ability to enjoy life.
When you hire an attorney, you will have a team of legal professionals whose job it is to get you the fairest possible compensation to cover all your expenses, both now and in the future.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Can Help
The Clermont car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine know the ins and outs of the legal system in Florida and have been helping car accident victims for years. They will make sure that you always stay informed about the status of your case, and:
- Keep you informed about the status of your case;
- Speak with the insurance companies on your behalf;
- Speak with witnesses to the accident;
- Hire expert witnesses, if necessary, to prove your case;
- Gather evidence, including police reports;
- Negotiate with the insurance company or the other party’s attorney on your behalf to reach a settlement before the trial;
- Represent you in court if your case goes to trial;
- Come to you if your injuries prevent you from coming to our office; and,
- Will not charge a fee unless and until a satisfactory settlement is reached or there is a win at trial.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Clermont, FL, contact the car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. We will go the extra mile to get you the compensation you deserve in an accident.