According to U.S. News, there are 696 licensed nursing homes and 25,102 assisted living facilities in the state of Florida. With these numbers, it can be difficult to ensure each and every facility is free from abuse and other mistreatments. This becomes especially alarming considering as many as two in three staffers at nursing homes and long-term care facilities report having committed elder abuse, according to the World Health Organization (WHO).
If you suspect or know that your loved one has been the victim of abuse or another form of mistreatment in a Florida nursing home, you may be able to bring legal action. Call our Clermont nursing home abuse lawyer team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Abuse Takes Several Forms
The National Institute on Aging (NIA) lists several forms of elder abuse and mistreatment that may happen in a nursing home setting, including:
- Emotional abuse
- Physical abuse
- Financial exploitation
- Sexual abuse
The signs may vary, but could collectively result in a downturn in your loved one’s demeanor, physical appearance, and health. Some of the potential symptoms of abuse are:
- Signs of physical trauma, such as cuts, bruises, burns, and bleeding
- Serious injuries, such as bone fractures or dislocations
- Decline in your loved one’s willingness to socialize
- Poor personal hygiene
- The presence of bedsores
- Uncharacteristic personality changes, such as violent or verbal outbursts
You may have noticed other concerning changes in your loved one, and may want to alert the authorities, and possibly speak with a law firm representative. Call our Clermont nursing home abuse lawyer team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a nursing home abuse lawyer serving Clermont, 800-747-3733
A Lawyer Can Help You Seek Justice
If you decide that your loved one was the victim of elder abuse or another form of mistreatment, you may be able to bring a lawsuit. Some of the possible defendants in a nursing home abuse case may be:
- Staffers who directly perpetrated or overlooked the abuse
- Other residents who perpetrated the abuse
- Administrators and owners of the nursing home where mistreatment occurred
A lawyer may be able to assist you and your loved one by:
- Identifying potentially negligent parties
- Drafting and filing a lawsuit in the right legal venue
- Conducting an independent investigation into the allegations
- Organizing evidence into a case
- Representing your loved one during settlement negotiations or at trial
- Defending your rights
ClermontNursing Home Abuse Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
We will discuss your loved one’s life in their nursing home, and why you suspect mistreatment. If you elect to move forward, we will represent your loved one throughout the legal process and go the extra mile where we can.
Call our Clermont nursing home abuse lawyer team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW