The symptoms of a brain injury may vary depending on the severity of the injury. The Mayo Clinic reports that if you or your loved are suffering from traumatic injury to the head, one may experience:
- Loss of physical coordination
- Loss of consciousness for a prolonged period, possibly including a coma
- Confusion that does not go away
- Problems with speech
- Strange behavior that is uncharacteristic of your personality, potentially including combative outbursts
These and other symptoms of brain injury can be truly life-altering, and not in a positive sense. If you believe that the circumstances of your or your loved one’s brain injury include negligence, call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation from a Clermont brain injury lawyer.
Negligence and Brain Injury
There are several instances in which negligence may contribute to or directly cause a serious brain injury. Those instances may include:
- One or more medical errors that result in a loss of oxygen to the brain for a significant period of time
- A slip and fall accident
- A trip and fall accident
- A motor vehicle collision
- A workplace accident
- A sporting accident
These and other potential causes of a brain injury may have an element of negligence involved. Some ways in which a person may be negligent in causing a brain injury include:
- Operating a motor vehicle in a dangerous or careless fashion
- Failing to provide a safe workplace
- Failing to provide safe non-workplace premises
- Failing to provide adequate safety equipment
- Making a medical error
Whether you or your loved one’s brain injury resulted from the above circumstances or reasons not listed here, you may have a case for compensation. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to speak to a Clermont brain injury lawyer about your accident and how you may be able to pursue justice.
A Lawyer’s Role in a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Many traumatic brain injury TBI symptoms can:
- Inhibit your ability to work and earn an income
- Interfere with your relationships with friends and family
- Rob you of your sense of independence
- Degrade your ability to think clearly
- Impede activities that you once derived great pleasure from
If you have suffered these or other losses and your injury came through no fault of your own, or was partially the fault of somebody else, then you may be able to recover compensation through a lawsuit.
A Clermont brain injury lawyer and their team may be able to assist you in this pursuit of awards in several ways, possibly including:
- Helping identify those responsible for your injury
- Drafting and filing your lawsuit
- Collecting evidence that is relevant to your lawsuit
- Consulting experts whose testimony is relevant and beneficial to your case
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or at trial
- Protecting your rights
A lawyer will attempt to secure any compensation that you are eligible for in light of the losses you have sustained.
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
We offer responsive, empathetic legal care and want to help you seek financial recovery for your losses. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
We Can Help.