According to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWC), the state of Florida outpaced all others in terms of boater deaths in 2018. It is not the first time that Florida has led such rankings, as the state is synonymous with water, and boating is an integral part of that connection. Yet, all boaters in Florida have a legal duty to prevent others from an unreasonable risk of harm.
If you or your loved one were involved in a boating accident and you believe that negligence played a role, then you could be entitled to compensation for your losses. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation from a Clermont boating accident lawyer.
Boating Can Turn Deadly in a Moment
Not only did Florida lead the nation in boating deaths in 2018, but also the total number of boating accidents. There are many reasons why a boating accident may occur, including:
- Intoxication by one or more people on a watercraft
- Lack of adequate navigation and depth-finding devices on a watercraft
- Lack of adequate knowledge of geographical conditions, including but not limited to tides
- Lack of knowledge of boating right-of-way procedures
- Lack of adequate boating equipment, such as spotlights
There are additional reasons why a boat accident may occur, and many—if not most—of them could qualify as negligence. If you suspect or know that a boat accident involving you or your loved one was partially or completely attributable to negligence, you may want to seek assistance from a lawyer.
Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a boating accidents lawyer serving Clermont, 800-747-3733
Reaching Out to a Lawyer Could Kick-Start Your Case
Everybody has the right to handle a legal case pro se—representing themselves. However, many choose to bring a lawsuit with assistance from a lawyer, perhaps because:
- They are not comfortable handling the legal aspects of a lawsuit on their own
- They would like assistance with the actions and details necessary to complete a lawsuit
- They are dealing with various other stressors, some of which may be related to the event that sparked a lawsuit
Those who turn to a Clermont boating accident lawyer for help may expect the lawyer to:
- File their case in court as soon as possible
- Collect the facts pertaining to their case, as well as any evidence that has yet to be uncovered
- Consult with experts whose testimony could support your case for compensation
- Handle all of the legal motions and dealings necessary to complete your lawsuit
- Represent you through settlement negotiations or, if necessary, a trial
- Defend your rights
Your lawyer will seek compensation for losses related to your boating accident, which could include:
- Lost wages or salary stemming from your injury
- Medical expenses that resulted from the boat accident
- Long-term effects of your injuries, such as disability and a diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Any other losses that a jury or settlement entitles you to
ClermontBoating Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Call Our Team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
We will review your case and, if it is the right course of action, move forward with legal action in pursuit of compensation. Call our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 to discuss your case with a Clermont boating accident lawyer at no cost.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW