Birth injuries can be extremely serious. They may:
- Impact a child’s physical abilities
- Impair a child’s cognitive function
- Prevent a child from being fully independent, even as an adult
- Impose additional financial costs to parents or legal guardians
A birth injury may also harm the mother. If either you or your child suffered a birth injury, you may have grounds for a lawsuit. Call our Clermont personal injury lawyer team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
A Birth Injury May Be Due to Negligence
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), most medical errors are preventable. While every instance is unique, there is a chance your or your child’s birth injury may have been prevented by:
- More attentive care during pregnancy
- Correct diagnosis of a specific complication during pregnancy
- Better preparation for emergencies such as premature or complicated birth
- A different course of action during delivery, especially if there were complications that led to a cesarean section (C-section) delivery
- More gentle delivery, possibly including more responsible use of certain tools
When a birth injury occurs, it is natural to consider the medical professionals directly responsible for your prenatal care and the delivery of your child as potentially liable parties. In addition, the Journal of the American Medical Association states a medical facility may be liable for certain losses if:
- They allowed one or more medical professionals with personal risk factors to work there
- They had inadequate supplies on hand
- They did not have emergency safeguards in place
A medical facility could be responsible simply because that was where the birth injury occurred. If you have questions about your birth injury or the legal action process, call our Clermont birth injury lawyer team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine.
A Birth Injury Can Incur Many Losses
When your child sustains a serious birth injury, their life course may shift significantly. Some potential costs associated with birth injuries may include:
- The cost of direct post-injury medical care
- The cost of caring for their injury and resulting disability throughout their childhood, and possibly adulthood
- The cost of additional caregiver services required for your child’s care
- The cost of lost income if you must quit your job to help care for your child
- The cost of any alternative education your child requires
A lawyer can help you bring a lawsuit for compensation for these and any other losses related to your child’s birth injury.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The revelation of a child’s birth injury, and any long-term disability the injury causes, may be devastating. A lawyer can handle your legal needs as you focus on your child’s health and recovery, as well as yours. Call our Clermont birth injury lawyer team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
We Can Help.