If you suffered injuries after falling on another person’s property, a Casselberry slip and fall accident lawyer could help you seek financial compensation from the careless person who caused you to get hurt. We can talk with you for free and with no obligation.
If you live or work in Casselberry, Florida, or a nearby area, or you got injured in the surrounding area, the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here for you.
How Our Team Can Help You Go After Compensation for Your Losses From a Slip and Fall Accident in Casselberry
If you want caring, responsive legal care, you have found the right law firm. We take the time to listen to you, answer your questions, and return your phone calls and emails. You do not have to worry about what is happening in your injury case because we provide frequent case updates without you having to ask.
We can handle the insurance company so that you do not have to do so. We always keep you in the loop and let you know how the negotiations are progressing. Because of this attentive legal care, you can focus on your well-being and healing, knowing that we have your legal matters covered.
Who You Could Sue After Getting Hurt From a Casselberry Slip and Fall
In general, you could file a lawsuit against the owner of the property if you got hurt because of someone else’s negligence. Sometimes, you might be able to make a claim against more than one party.
For example, a corporation owns a large shopping center that contains multiple stores and a large, shared parking lot. If you slipped and fell due to substandard maintenance in the parking lot, you might be able to sue the corporation that owns the shopping center and the maintenance company it hired to keep the parking lot clean and in good repair.
How Much a Lawyer Will Charge to Handle Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
We handle slip and fall injury claims on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees. Instead, we wait until the end and then collect a percentage of the settlement proceeds or jury verdict for our work.
The Potential Value of Your Casselberry Slip and Fall Settlement
The amount of money that you could get for your slip and fall accident claim will depend on the facts of your situation. You might qualify to receive economic and non-economic money damages.
Your economic damages could include things like medical bills and lost wages. Non-economic damages can include things like pain and suffering, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and loss of the enjoyment of life.
What Can Cause a Slip and Fall Accident
There is practically no limit to the ways in which a person could slip and fall or trip and fall and get hurt. Here are a few examples:
- A grocery shopper fell on a slick spot due to improper clean-up of spilled cooking oil.
- A hair salon did not have proper floor mats to soak up liquid drips around the rinsing sinks, so a client slipped and fell on the wet floor.
- A patron slid on the slick surface around the self-serve beverage dispensers due to a lack of skid-proof material on the floor or absorbent, rubber-backed rugs.
- A shopper tripped over unsecured electrical cords at a retail store.
There are numerous ways for people to get hurt after tripping or slipping on the floor. The defendant is likely to argue that the injured person is to blame for not paying attention to where they were walking. We could use counter arguments like poor lighting or difficulty distinguishing hazards on the floor.
Three Ways to Protect the Value of Your Slip and Fall Injury Case
You might think that the value of your slip and fall injury case is set in stone at the time you get injured, but that is not true. The defendant could use many things that happened against you to reduce the amount of money they have to pay you.
Three things to be aware of that could sabotage your slip and fall injury claim include:
- Posting on social media. The defendant could get access to your social media postings, regardless of your privacy settings. When you have a personal injury claim pending, you will want to take a complete break from social media until your claim gets resolved. That means no photos, comments, or anything else, whether it is about the accident or not.
- Recorded statements. The insurance company for the defendant will assign a claims adjuster to investigate your situation and try to resolve your injury claim. The adjuster will likely ask you for a recorded statement under the guise of getting a chance to tell your side of the story. You should not give a recorded statement. The adjuster could twist your words against you.
- Trying to handle your injury claim on your own without a lawyer. While Florida law does not force you to work with a personal injury lawyer on your slip and fall injury claim, it can be a smart decision to do so. The insurance company will have an entire team of people, like the claims adjuster, supervisor, underwriter, investigators, and defense attorneys.
If you do not want to start at a disadvantage, you could even the playing field by getting a lawyer on your side.
Let’s Get Started With a Free Consultation Today
A Casselberry slip and fall accident lawyer could help you hold the careless party accountable for the wounds you suffered and your other losses. You can call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3777 for a free, no-obligation initial consultation.
We Can Help.