Have you been injured in a car accident with a distracted driver in Cape Coral? Are you wondering how you’re going to pay for your medical bills and the cost of repairing your vehicle? Distracted driving is a form of negligence, which is why Florida law allows you to hold distracted drivers financially accountable for the damage they cause. A Cape Coral distracted driving car accident lawyer can fight for your right to demand compensation from the negligent driver.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine helps accident victims get the compensation they deserve when someone else’s negligence disrupts their lives. We strive to offer compassionate, professional representation to our clients in their time of need. The insurance carrier for a negligent, distracted driver is not on your team. We are. Our first and only priority is helping you get the compensation you deserve.
How Can A Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Help You?
Unfortunately, collecting damages from a driver who hit you is not always a straightforward affair. Before you can collect damages, you must be able to demonstrate that distracted driving is the root cause of your accident. Our lawyers have been fighting for accident victims since 2006. We know how to build a strong case and how to fight insurance companies. Examples of what we do for our clients include:
- Collecting evidence. We’ll interview witnesses, review the accident report and make a comprehensive effort to locate any other evidence (e.g., video surveillance, cell phone records of the negligent driver) that will help us prove that distracted driving caused your accident.
- Negotiating with insurers. Our distracted driving accident lawyers will also negotiate directly with the negligent driver’s insurance company to reach a settlement that adequately compensates you for your damages.
- Filing your paperwork properly. Our team will file all necessary paperwork with the courts on your behalf.
- Preparing a trial strategy. Many insurers slow-walk negotiations in the hopes that you or your lawyer will grow tired and settle for less than you deserve. Our attorneys are ready, willing, and able to go to trial and fight for you. If your case goes to trial, we will come up with a plan that strengthens your chances of a positive outcome.
Our Distracted Driving Lawyers’ Approach To Client Satisfaction
People often say you find out who your “real” friends are during hard times. They are the ones who are there for you when you need them and help you get through it. That’s exactly what a distracted driving car accident and injury lawyer from our firm will do for you. We take an individualized approach with every case, and that starts with putting your needs first.
We take care of all the hard stuff, so you can focus on your recovery. We’ll give you your attorney’s phone number for when you have questions or concerns about your case. We proactively inform you about the status of your case and promptly respond to all inquiries.
We know that your case is about more than just fighting the negligent driver’s insurance company. It’s also about putting you in the best position to make a full recovery. That’s why our team will help you do everything from scheduling doctor’s appointments to arranging your car repairs. The entire time we’re offering you a helping hand, we’ll be fighting the negligent driver’s insurance company for what you deserve.
When Can You Demand Damages From Distracted Drivers?
Florida has a mandatory no-fault driver’s insurance requirement that mandates all motorists to carry a personal injury protection (PIP) policy. This policy covers motorists for economic damages (e.g., lost wages, property damage, medical bills) for up to $10,000. After a distracted driving accident, your PIP policy will be the first avenue of recourse. However, if the total damages in your accident exceed the $10,000 coverage threshold, you can pursue the negligent driver for damages.
What Are The Damages In A Distracted Driving Accident?
Monetary losses or expenses you absorb after an accident are considered economic damages. Examples of economic damages you can claim after a distracted driving accident include:
- Past and future medical bills
- The cost of repairing any personal property damaged in the accident
- Replacement value for any personal property that was destroyed in the accident
- Cost of transporting or towing your car from the accident scene to a repair shop
- Reimbursement for income or wages you lose while recovering from accident-related injuries
Some distracted driving accidents can be particularly devastating, leaving accident victims with lifetime injuries that prevent them from resuming their chosen profession or working at all. If this is the case after your accident, our distracted driving attorneys will also demand compensation for that loss of earning potential.
Non-Economic Damages After Distracted Driving Accidents
Car accidents typically inflict a great deal of pain and suffering on accident victims. Any pain and suffering or mental anguish you endure because of your car accident constitute non-economic damages. Florida law allows you to demand compensation for non-economic damages after a distracted driving accident only if you sustained severe injuries.
Although the amount of pain and suffering accident victims endure varies widely from case to case, our distracted driving accident attorneys will fight just as hard to recover your non-economic damages as we do for your economic damages. This is part of our commitment to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Secure A Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Today
If you’ve been involved in an accident with a distracted driver, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine want you to know we are here for you. We have been serving Cape Coral and all of Florida since 2006, and we are here for you too. If you’re unsure how to proceed, or you don’t feel comfortable talking to insurance companies by yourself, you can talk to us at no cost to see how we can help.
We offer free case consultations for anyone who thinks they may benefit from our services. If you do decide to go forward with a distracted driving lawyer from our team, you don’t have to worry about paying upfront. We handle cases like this on a contingency basis, meaning we only take our fees out of your financial award after we win your case. So, please call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine and find out how we can help.
We Can Help.