- The application of a cervical collar
- Certain prescription medications
- Specific over-the-counter pain relievers
- Muscle relaxants
- Light exercise that does not aggravate the injury
- Physical therapy
Whiplash is caused by a sudden extension and flexion of the neck bones and muscles, usually resulting from a traumatic event. No matter how your injury was caused, it would be best if you spoke with a medical professional to get a specific treatment plan that works for you. The best treatment for whiplash will greatly depend on your individual circumstances.
Your health is just one aspect of the post-accident aftermath. You should also consider how your next steps could support an injury case. You should do everything possible to promote a smooth claims process. This may involve:
- Keeping track of your losses. You want to recover damages for each of your injury-related losses. Keeping track of these losses can help your lawyer fairly assess their value.
- Following through with your treatment plan. Your doctor may prescribe medications and physical therapy to better your condition. You shouldn’t discontinue these treatments without their permission first. Discontinuing treatment could cause the insurer to discredit your condition and deny compensation.
- Limiting communications with the involved parties. You shouldn’t share the intimate details of your case with anyone other than your lawyer. Any extra information you give could jeopardize your case’s progression.
- Monitoring your symptoms. As you heal, monitor your symptoms and get help if you experience a dramatic increase in pain, stiffness, vertigo, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), vision problems, or other worrying symptoms. Your doctor will also tell you if they see any reasons for concern, such as a prolonged recovery period.
Each of these things can support both your condition and personal injury case.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Whiplash usually goes away in a few days. However, depending on the severity of your injury and your body’s ability to heal itself, your recovery time could be longer – weeks or even months.
You should see a doctor about your whiplash injury if you have not done so already. Your doctor can give you a more accurate recovery timeframe and prescribe medication, exercises, or rehabilitation to help your whiplash heal quickly.
You should also consider speaking with an attorney about your whiplash injury, especially if it happened due to negligence. You can seek compensation from the at-fault driver who hit you. This money can pay your medical bills and compensate you for the pain, discomfort, and suffering you have endured.
You have every right to partner with an injury lawyer after a collision. They will do everything in their power to secure compensation for your losses. Consider some of the benefits of partnering with a legal representative:
Your Attorney Can Determine the Reason for Your Florida Collision
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke notes that whiplash commonly occurs as the result of car accidents. This soft-tissue injury is just one of the many injuries you can sustain in a collision.
While whiplash is not life-threatening, the recovery time can be extensive. Cleveland Clinic reports that anywhere from 12 percent to 50 percent of whiplash sufferers have lingering neck pain that can last for over a year. This can generate many damages.
Yet, to recover these damages, you must establish the cause of your accident. Your lawyer can accomplish this for you. They may find that another driver caused your accident by:
- Changing lanes without signaling (or doing so abruptly)
- Driving at dusk or nighttime without adequate headlights on
- Failing to obey traffic signs and lights
- Moving into oncoming traffic without enough clearance
- Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or fatigue
- Engaging in distracted driving
When you work with a personal injury lawyer, they can use their resources to determine which of these actions contributed to your crash.
Our Team Can Recover the Cost of Your Whiplash-Related Damages
Insurance may not be enough to recover your losses after an accident. If you suffer from other injuries besides whiplash, you may need financial relief beyond what insurance covers.
After reviewing your situation, your lawyer can pursue funds for:
- Medical expenses
- Income that you have lost because of the accident and resulting injuries
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Reduced earning capacity
- Emotional trauma
- Other out-of-pocket expenses
You could pursue damages for other items that we have not listed here. Working with our legal team can help you determine what constitutes a fair settlement.
Your Attorney Will Evaluate How Much You Can Recover
To determine what you’re owed, your lawyer can:
- Use legal formulas, state law, and previous experience to determine the financial worth of your injuries
- Collect evidence from audiovisual footage, police reports, medical records, and more to demonstrate the extent of your damages
- Speak to eyewitnesses and experts with relevant areas of expertise to confirm your version of how the accident occurred – and who caused it
Knowing the true worth of your whiplash injury is vital to receiving a fair settlement or jury award. The at-fault party’s insurance company may try to undervalue your claim to save itself money. Educating yourself about your rights and enlisting the help of a personal injury attorney can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Our team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine offers responsive legal care while you focus on getting better.
When you work with our legal team, some of the services that we can provide include:
- Helping you understand your legal rights
- Filing your case in court in a timely manner
- Collecting any evidence that could benefit your claim
- Handling communications with the other party’s lawyers
- Completing the necessary steps required to bring your case to a judgment or out-of-court resolution
You may have a limited time to act depending on when your accident occurred. By working with our team, we can make the most of your window of action. We also work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that we do not request payment unless you accept a settlement.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you recover the compensation you deserve from the party or parties who caused your whiplash injury and their insurance companies. We fight for the rights of injured victims and never charge attorney’s fees until our clients get paid.
Let us put our knowledge, resources, and winning track record to work for you. We can help schedule your doctor’s appointments and get your vehicle repaired. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and are eager to get to work as soon as possible.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW