A personal injury lawyer is your representative—talking to insurers, submitting a claim, negotiating a settlement, filing a lawsuit, battling in court. If there’s a way we can lessen your load, we will do it. Yet a South Miami personal injury lawyer from our firm is more than that. Our attorneys are your teammates. We keep you updated, discuss legal strategies, and never leave you in the dark.
Our lawyers are also your defenders. We protect you from someone taking advantage of you, lessening your compensation, or twisting your words. We even protect you from yourself, ensuring you don’t make common mistakes in your personal injury claim. With the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, you are shielded from stress while you heal.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Investigate Your South Miami Accident
Part of what makes a personal injury case so challenging for victims is not knowing what is important and what isn’t. Say the wrong word and the other party may blame you for the accident. Neglect to save a piece of paper and you could end up fighting over the damages you deserve.
As a result, part of what our personal injury attorneys do is recognize what matters. When we research your case, we:
- Identify what evidence needs to be preserved
- Catalog paperwork that is vital to your claim or suit
- Run through scenarios to understand what caused your accident
- Bring in experts who have an eye for your type of accident
- Investigate every possible liable party who could owe you damages
- Ensure you don’t give the insurance company information they can use against you
Above all, we recognize that what matters is your well-being. You can trust that our personal injury law firm knows how to navigate the legal process on your behalf, giving you the time you need to heal.
Our South Miami Personal Injury Lawyers Also Address Your Needs Now
You come to us for help that you need right away, not months or years from now. We can:
- Help you access the medical care you need
- Get repairs for your vehicle if necessary
- Make sure you have transportation during recovery
- Come to you if you can’t make it to our office
- Discuss your financial options for paying bills
If you have other worries, let us know. Our door is open. Our phones are on. The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is always here for you.
What Damages Can You Get for a Personal Injury Case in South Miami?
Any of your accident expenses are on the table for compensation:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Reduced ability to earn
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced enjoyment of life
Liable parties may fight you more on some of these than others. For instance, since pain is hard to quantify, those responsible for your pain may work hard to diminish what you receive in that category. However, our personal injury lawyers know how to calculate your pain and suffering settlement. We employ evidence like testimony from doctors and bills for mental health expenses or prescriptions to highlight what you deserve.
We can work to provide evidence in any category of damages, including lesser-known areas like transportation costs or loss of hobbies. What we pursue is dictated by you—what have you lost? Let us know and we will work to find a way to compensate for it.
Recoverable Damages After a Fatal Accident in South Miami
Some personal injury victims ultimately succumb to their injuries. If you lost someone you love in an accident, we can pursue fair compensation for:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Income the deceased can no longer earn
- Grief your family experienced
- Loss of guidance, advice, or support from the deceased
Our South Miami wrongful death lawyers provide you clarity on when to file and work on your case while your family processes your loss.
What Kinds of Injury Cases Do Our Personal Injury Lawyers Represent?
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine has handled thousands of personal injury cases in the state, as our client reviews can attest. Our firm helps with a range of cases based on negligence in the following categories:
Everyone owes a duty of care to others on the road. South Miami drivers are expected to pay attention, follow the law, and not drive while impaired. Failure to do so could cause the following types of accidents:
- Car accidents
- Truck collisions
- Motorcycle crashes
- Bus wrecks
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle collisions
If a property owner fails to maintain the premises, warn visitors about hazards, or address risks, they are liable for injuries. This category of personal injury can involve slip and fall cases, lack of security, and even dog bites. Our South Miami premises liability lawyer can offer legal representation in this kind of case.
Any time a doctor, nurse, facility, or even support staff fails to provide adequate care, they are potentially liable. Examples of malpractice include:
- Late diagnosis, misdiagnosis, or failure to diagnose
- Surgical and anesthesia mistakes
- Problems with medication or dosage
- Birth injuries to the child or to the mother
Many more scenarios could qualify as negligence, so you can check with our attorneys to learn what constitutes medical malpractice in Florida.
Product manufacturers must properly design, manufacture, and market their products to consumers. Design flaws, production mistakes, and even a lack of warnings or instructions when selling a product could qualify as product liability when someone gets hurt.
What Is the Timeline of a South Miami Personal Injury Case?
The length of time it can take to settle your case depends on several factors. Some of these include:
- Injuries – If you suffered severe or catastrophic injuries, we may wait until you reach maximum medical improvement before agreeing to a settlement so that we can count all your losses.
- Type of accident – Complex cases sometimes take longer to settle, like a multi-car collision or a medical malpractice case that involves complicated medical techniques.
- Other parties – Some are less willing to negotiate, causing a case to drag out or go to court.
- Statute of limitations – Some cases are dated from when you discovered the negligence or when the negligent party was identified, not when the negligence occurred.
Florida generally allows you two years to file a wrongful death or personal injury lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11. It’s essential that you begin working on your case as soon as possible to avoid missing the statute of limitations deadline.
Get Backup for Your Personal Injury Case From Our South Miami Legal Team
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our South Miami personal injury attorneys are more than just lawyers. We’re your team, and we have your back.
Contact us today to get free information about your legal options. You can call us for your free initial consultation 24/7.
We Can Help.