The Guardian reports that Monsanto/Bayer AG’s flagship weed killer product Roundup has been proven to cause several types of cancer and other illnesses. Roundup cancer symptoms depend on the type of cancer you have.
Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) commences when the human body produces an overabundance of abnormal white blood cells, called lymphocytes.
Symptoms of NHL
- Swollen—but painless—lymph nodes in groin, armpits, or neck
- Pain in the chest
- Difficulty breathing
- Swelling or pain of the abdomen
- Loss of weight that cannot be explained
- Night sweats
Originating within the body’s “B” white blood cells, this rare form of cancer eventually attacks the skin. The B cells are a type of white blood cell that fights diseases. Signs of B-cell lymphoma appear as nodules under the skin that appear as pink, purple, or the same color as the patient’s skin.
A doctor will perform a physical exam, skin biopsy, blood tests, bone marrow biopsy, and/or imaging tests to diagnose cancer.
There are several types of leukemia. In general, this disease is a cancer of the blood-forming tissues in the body. These tissues include bone marrow and the lymphatic system.
Symptoms of Leukemia
- Persistent weakness or fatigue
- Unexplained weight loss
- Bleeding or bruising easily
- Recurring nosebleeds
- Very small red spots (petechiae) on the skin
- Tenderness or pain in bones
- Chills or fever
- Severe or persistent infections
This cancer originates in the plasma cell, a form of white blood cells. The function of plasma cells is to produce antibodies that identify and destroy germs. They are critical to a body’s ability to combat infection. When multiple myeloma occurs, cancer cells gather within the patient’s bone marrow, edging out the healthy blood cells. The plasma cells no longer produce antibodies, but rather spawn abnormal proteins, which, in turn, prompt complications.
Symptoms of Multiple Myeloma
- Lack of appetite
- Pain in the bones, particularly the chest or spine
- Loss of weight
- Frequent infections
- Numb or weak legs
- Unusual thirst
- Confusion or mental fogginess
According to Environmental Health Perspectives, children with brain cancer were studied for any association with parental exposure to pesticides. The study concluded that in cases where either parent had experienced Roundup exposure in a two-year period prior to the child being born, the risk of the child developing brain cancer was significantly higher.
Symptoms of Brain Tumors
- Speech problems
- Difficulty with balance
- Hearing problems
- Problematic vision (blurred, double, or loss of peripheral)
- Unusually severe or frequent headaches
- A gradual loss of feeling or movement in leg or arm
- Everyday confusion
- Unprecedented seizures
- Changes in personality or erratic behavior
- Headaches with a new pattern
- Vomiting or nausea that cannot be explained
A Roundup Cancer Lawyer Can Fight for Damages from Your Cancer
If you experience Roundup cancer systems and have been diagnosed with cancer, you may be able to recover economic losses, like medical expenses and lost income, as well as noneconomic damages, like pain and suffering.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.