It may be worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer under several circumstances. A lawyer may be worth hiring if:
- You are not a trained lawyer
- You do not have prior experience completing a lawsuit or insurance claim on your own
- You or your loved one suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident
- You would like to present the strongest case possible
- You have responsibilities aside from completing an insurance claim or lawsuit
One or more of these circumstances may apply to most motorcycle accident victims. The fact is that a lawyer can help with your case; the question is whether you would like to accept their assistance.
Seeking Justice May Take Time
One of the reasons that you may hire a lawyer after a motorcycle accident is time. Your time is surely valuable, and yet it may take a significant amount of time to complete a lawsuit or insurance claim. While an insurance claim should
generally be a simple, straightforward process, yours could hit several snags.
A lawyer will deal with the potential issues that you could face in your insurance claim and may do so by:
- Recording your account of events as soon after the accident as possible
- Speaking with witnesses and recording their accounts as soon as possible after the accident
- Fighting any attempts to misrepresent the facts of your accident
- Calculating how much compensation you are owed
- Fighting for the amount of compensation you deserve, and no less
- Proving that the at-fault driver is financially responsible for your losses
If insurance does not provide the compensation that you or your loved one deserves, a lawyer can fight for justice in the form of a lawsuit. They may be able to secure a settlement or take your case to trial.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
You May Be Experiencing Pain and Suffering
There were 7,849 motorcycle injuries, 531 motorcyclist deaths, and 9,143 total motorcycle accidents in Florida in 2018, per the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV). This rate of injuries and deaths compared with the total number of crashes shows how dangerous it is to be a motorcyclist involved in a collision.
Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents could lead to immense suffering. You may:
- Have lost a loved one
- Be unable to work
- Be unable to participate in physical activities
- Be suffering from cognitive disorders
- Be in a reduced mental state
You may also be facing financial hardship due to medical costs, forfeited income, and other consequences of your accident.
It may be worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer to guide you through this time and handle aspects of your case that could cause you further stress.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
Florida Statutes §95.11 explains that you may have a fixed amount of time to bring a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit after a motorcycle accident. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at (954) 525-0050 for a free consultation and to get your legal case started.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW