It is worth hiring a motorcycle accident attorney to protect your rights and ensure you receive fair compensation from the party who caused your crash. In addition, a motorcycle accident attorney with our firm can apply their knowledge of laws, statutes, and legal practices to building your personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Additionally, we will handle your case for compensation so you can focus on your recovery, a loved one’s passing, and other matters that deserve your attention and energy.
What Are The Benefits Of Hiring A Lawyer For My Motorcycle Accident?
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help you build a strong case proving another party is liable for your damages. When you hire our law firm, we will:
- Calculate your damages and fight for the amount of compensation you deserve and no less
- Record your account of events and speak with witnesses as soon as possible after the accident
- Fight any attempts to misrepresent the facts of your accident
- Speak with your doctors to gain a full understanding of your injuries
- Organize medical documentation such as bills, recovery timetables, and symptoms of your injuries
- Hire experts to testify on your behalf
- Provide advice and strategy throughout the legal process
- Make all necessary appearances and accompany you to any appearances you must make
- Negotiate a settlement
- Take your case to trial if needed
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Do I Need A Lawyer For A Minor Motorcycle Accident Claim?
Your motorcycle accident case may be straightforward, but even seemingly simple claims can hit several snags. For example, you could find out that injuries you thought were minor are more severe than you initially believed, or your damages are more expensive than you realized.
Furthermore, the at-fault driver’s insurance company may:
- Claim that you are at fault for your accident
- Claim that all of your losses are not covered
- Attempt to get you to admit liability
You might not want to exhaust the energy or time necessary to deal with these tactics or an insurance claim. It may be worth hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer to take care of the details of your case and handle any issues that arise with the insurance company or opposing counsel.
A lawyer can also make sure you sort through any obstacles before your allotted time to take action expires. For example, you generally have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit after a motorcycle collision, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a). However, you have only two years to bring a lawsuit for a loved one’s fatal accident.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire An Attorney For A Motorcycle Accident?
A lawyer with our firm can take your case on contingency. The Florida Bar explains that:
- Contingency fees mean that a lawyer agrees to collect their fee as a portion of any winnings that you secure rather than as a guaranteed, out-of-pocket payment
- Your lawyer will only get paid for their services if they secure compensation for you or your loved one
- You will enter into a written contract to make the agreement legal
Additionally, contingency fees generally mean that:
- More clients can have access to legal services, rather than only those who can afford hourly lawyer fees.
- Your lawyer will take your case based on whether they believe it is worthwhile rather than your ability to pay them upfront.
- Your lawyer will have a clear stake in fighting hard to win your case, as they will not get paid for their services unless you secure a judgment or settlement.
Being able to hire an attorney with our firm at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost can make securing the services of a motorcycle accident lawyer even more worthwhile.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
A Lawyer Can Value Your Losses And Fight For Fair Recovery
Valuing your economic and non-economic losses will be part of your lawyer’s job. We will use invoices, receipts, bills, and other documentation to prove you suffered expenses, such as:
- Medical bills
- Rehabilitation for your injuries
- Accommodations for a permanent or long-lasting disability
- Psychological therapy expenses
- Lost income and loss of future earning capacity
- The cost of repairing or replacing your motorcycle
- Paying for alternative transportation while your motorcycle is out of commission
- The value of household services you cannot perform
You could face other losses with costs that are less clear. Some non-economic costs of a motorcycle accident can include the following:
- Conditions such as anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of cognitive abilities such as memory and focus
- Loss of your sense of freedom if your injuries prevent you from caring for yourself
- Loss of physical abilities
- The loss of a loved one
Putting a price tag on non-economic damages may be challenging because they address intangible losses. Therefore, a lawyer might enlist help from experts in specific fields (including vocational experts, economists, and doctors) to estimate a fair figure for your losses.
Proving Liability In Motorcycle Accidents
If you or a loved one is the victim of a driver whose actions caused your collision, then a lawyer can prove they are liable for your losses. Drivers put motorcyclists at risk by engaging in negligent behaviors, such as:
- Relying too heavily on mirrors rather than turning their head to check blind spots
- Changing lanes without signaling
- Driving too closely behind motorcyclists
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Using a cell phone while driving
- Eating or drinking while driving
- Failing to use headlights at dusk or nighttime
- Making turns without checking for oncoming motorcyclists
- Running red lights or stop signs
A motorcycle accident attorney with our firm can collect evidence, apply it under state and federal law, and build a robust case showing another party caused your motorcycle accident and resulting damages. Then, you worry about getting better. After that, we take care of everything else.
Learn More During A Free Consultation With A Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
Hiring a motorcycle accident lawyer is worth it because it allows you to direct your energy toward recovery. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can complete an insurance claim or lawsuit on your behalf, whether the person who has suffered losses is you or your loved one.
We offer responsive legal care and go the extra mile for our clients. Contact us today for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW