Your Paragard products liability lawsuit will not be the same as someone else’s claim, which means your settlement value will also be unique. However, a lawsuit against Teva Pharmaceuticals filed by a Louisiana woman in 2017 saw the plaintiff seeking damages in excess of $100,000.
The Paragard IUD is marketed and designed by Teva Pharmaceuticals. Paragard is a long-lasting birth control remedy without the use of hormones, which lasts up to 10 years when implanted inside a woman’s uterus. However, several plaintiffs file lawsuits after the product broke inside the user and caused complications when the device was removed.
A Lawyer With Our Firm Is Available to Help
If you’re wondering how much a Paragard settlement is worth, a products liability attorney can investigate your Paragard settlement. The lawyer may provide a target settlement value based on your injuries, illnesses, and any other losses related to Paragard.
We work on a contingency basis, so you pay us nothing upfront or out of pocket if you hire us. We will only get paid if you do. Our attorney’s fees come from any settlement or judgment we achieve on your behalf.
We will manage every aspect of your case, and our team may:
- Gather evidence, including medical records, bills, and pictures
- Determine what damages you’ve suffered
- File your claim
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Take your case to court if necessary
- Handle communications with all parties involved in your case
- Protect your rights
A products liability lawyer with our firm will keep you updated on the progress of your case and answer all questions you have. While you are recovering, we will fight for you.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Why Should I Hire a Lawyer for a Paragard IUD Lawsuit?
Victims of negligence sometimes consider handling their insurance claim or lawsuit. We generally advise that you rely on a lawyer instead, especially in the case of a Paragard IUD lawsuit.
You may choose to hire an attorney because:
- You’re not familiar with the specifics of Paragard IUD defects: Your own experience with a Paragard IUD is important. However, there are also technical aspects of intrauterine devices that you may not be familiar with. Our attorneys understand the general case against Paragard IUD manufacturers. We also hire experts who can help us with cases like yours.
- You are focused on recovery: Injuries associated with Paragard IUDs can be debilitating. You may be recovering from those injuries as you read this. You should not have to compromise any aspect of your recovery. An attorney can handle your claim or lawsuit, ensuring that your health remains the top priority.
- You’re not familiar with the legal process: Even if you’re an expert on Paragard IUDs, you may not be as knowledgeable about the legal process. You should never underestimate the magnitude of a lawsuit. Our firm maintains a team of attorneys and paralegals, all of whom know how to complete lawsuits. We’ll handle the legal process so that you don’t have to.
- You want to minimize your financial exposure: Our firm handles the upfront costs of completing a lawsuit or insurance claim. Remember that we also don’t receive a fee unless we secure compensation for you. Therefore, you will have no risk of paying out of pocket for your case. If you don’t hire a lawyer, then every case-related cost may be yours to pay.
There may also be fewer tangible benefits of hiring an attorney. You may gain peace of mind from knowing that an attorney is seeking compensation for you. Those who handle lawsuits without an attorney may face added stress and worry related to the legal process. With a lawyer handling your case, you can keep your focus on recovering from illness or injury.
What Should I Seek in a Personal Law Firm for a Paragard Case?
When you choose a law firm for a Paragard IUD lawsuit, do so carefully. The effectiveness of your lawyer could directly determine the outcome of your case. Your lawyer should:
- Be actively involved in Paragard IUD lawsuits, as this will allow them to evaluate and process your case as quickly as possible
- Have a record of positive results in Paragard IUD cases, demonstrating that your attorney can secure the outcome that you seek
- Have positive reviews from former clients who have a unique view of a law firm’s daily operations
- Provide clear, honest answers and guidance during your free consultation
There is no single blueprint for hiring a personal injury lawyer. You can use your gut and certain objective criteria and consider our firm as your Paragard IUD lawyers.
Potential Damages in a Defective Paragard IUD Case
If you or a loved one has been impacted by the Paragard IUD, you may be entitled to compensation that can cover:
- Current and future medical bills
- Loss of wages
- Reduced earning capacity
- Cost of prescription medications
- Unexpected childcare expenses
- Costs related to household maintenance
- Other out-of-pocket costs
In addition to your economic damages, you may be able to recover in your Paragard IUD claim, and you may also have the right to recover non-economic damages. Non-economic damages account for physical and emotional pain caused by your Paragard-related injuries. Some types of non-economic damages include:
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of companionship and love
- Loss of society and support
- Loss of consortium
Your damages will be unique to your case. An attorney will help you identify damages and seek fair compensation.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
You Must Prove Liability When Filing a Paragard Case
Teva Pharmaceuticals may be liable for your injuries, but other parties could be liable instead or in addition to the Paragard manufacturer. Before negotiating a settlement, you will need documentation that proves your damages and the manufacturer’s negligence.
You should also consider if you received any warnings before using the Paragard. If the product was put on recall before you used the Paragard IUD, this may be a factor in your case.
Your Injury Lawyer Must Prove Negligence in a Paragard Case
There are four elements your lawyer will need to prove negligence:
- The company or manufacturer owed you a duty of care
- The company or manufacturer breached that duty of care
- You suffered injuries as a result of that breach
- Your injuries caused your damages (economic and non-economic)
A lawyer who handles product liability cases can help establish liability, value your claim, and seek compensation from liable parties.
How Can You Obtain Fair Compensation for Your Paragard IUD Injuries?
If you hope to get the most out of your Paragard IUD claim, you may need to be prepared to pursue multiple avenues of financial recovery. You may be able to file an insurance claim with the liable party’s insurance provider. This could result in the recovery of certain types and amounts of economic damages. You may also pursue compensation through a lawsuit.
Your chosen path may depend on how much compensation insurers provide. While bringing your case to court and going through a challenging litigation process may be overwhelming, it may be worth the time and effort needed to pursue your case.
Know the Side Effects and Dangers of a Defective Paragard IUD
Side effects linked to a copper IUD like Paragard include:
- Menstrual pain
- Bleeding between periods
- Stomach and back pain
- Long-lasting menstrual periods
There are also many dangers linked to the Paragard IUD, such as the device becoming embedded in a uterus. Additional dangers may include expulsion of the device, uterine scarring, injury from copper becoming lodged inside the body, organ damage, and other health issues.
Statutes of Limitations in Your Paragard Case
In Florida, you generally have four years to file a personal injury lawsuit, in accordance with Florida Statutes § 95.11 (3)(a). If a loved one passed away from their injuries due to a defective device, you normally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, per Florida Statutes § 95.11(4)(d).
If you do not file your lawsuit before the statute of limitations runs out, you could miss your opportunity to seek compensation for your injuries and other losses. There could be exceptions to these deadlines based on the unique circumstances of your case.
It is best to reach out for legal help immediately and allow a lawyer from our firm to start your case so that they have ample time to investigate your situation and collect evidence, among other tasks.
Seek Justice for Products Liability Cases with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
When your life has been significantly affected by injuries or illnesses caused by the Paragard IUD, and you are unsure where to turn for help, reach out to a Florida defective products lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. When you are ready to get started on your case, you call our team for a FREE consultation.
We will investigate your case and help you seek the financial compensation you deserve.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW