According to the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), you can protect yourself from Roundup by limiting your exposure to it, and by:
- Wearing protective clothing and eyewear during its use
- Not standing in or near breathing Roundup when it is being sprayed
- Not allowing it to stay on your skin or get into your eyes
- Thoroughly washing your hands after applying it
- Not eating, drinking, or smoking while it is being applied
- Not walking barefoot for a minimum of 24 hours after application
- Thoroughly washing all produce before eating
- Thoroughly washing your hands after handling plants sprayed with it
These steps can help to protect yourself and your family from further exposure to glyphosate in Roundup. While these safety measures and the use of alternative methods or weed control can help in the future, they cannot reduce the harm you might have already endured.
If you were previously exposed to Roundup and suffered harm, a lawyer can help you seek financial recovery.
For a free legal consultation, call (800) 747-3733
In This Article
- Safe Alternatives to Roundup
- The Dangers of Roundup
- Act on Your Potential Claim Right Away
- You Can Recover Damages for Your Injury-Related Losses
- Get Financial Protection from Roundup’s Manufacturer
Safe Alternatives to Roundup
Glyphosate, the primary ingredient in Roundup, is the most commonly used weed killer and herbicide in home gardening, farming, and commercial applications. Despite its popularity, and because of its potential dangers, you might want to consider safer Roundup alternatives going forward.
North Carolina State Extension Publications suggests these alternative methods:
- Manual removal of weeds on a biweekly basis
- Flame, steam, or hot foam weeding to control broadleaf weeds and seedlings
- All-natural weed control using vinegar or botanical oils
- Cultivation to control weed growth and regrowth
- Carefully applied synthetic herbicides
- Weed wrenching tools that remove weeds and their roots
Even landscape weed control is feasible and achievable without the use of Roundup. Consider these alternatives to Roundup. They can help beautify your garden, lawn, or farm without posing a hazard to your health.
Contact our lawyers today!
The Dangers of Roundup
University of Washington research maintains that exposure to glyphosate in Roundup can increase your risk of cancer.
Of particular concern was the 41% increase in the risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. This form of cancer typically starts in the lymphatic system and can require chemotherapy, radiation, and bone marrow transplants.
After a diagnosis, your doctor will classify your cancer as follows:
- Stage I – The cancer is limited to one lymph node or lymph node region.
- Stage II – The cancer involves two lymph node regions or organs.
- Stage III – The cancer is in lymph nodes around the diaphragm or in the spleen.
- Stage IV – The cancer is advanced and has spread throughout your body.
If you developed cancer after exposure to Roundup, you can recover the cost of the treatments you receive and their related expenses by filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. A personal injury team can review your medical records and determine your potential for financial recovery.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Act on Your Potential Claim Right Away
Do not wait to consult an attorney if you or a loved one are suffering from Roundup exposure or if a loved one passed away from Roundup exposure. Statutes of limitations established by the states will vary, and some states may have a timeframe as short as a year. However, it can take time for the effects of Roundup to appear. If you want to pursue a lawsuit, you can discuss these limitations with a lawyer.
Still, the earlier you consult a law firm, the more time they have to make sure your lawsuit is filed on time. Missing the statutory cutoff time can mean your potential compensation case is dismissed without ever being heard.
You Can Recover Damages for Your Injury-Related Losses
There are multiple ways you can recover the compensation for your losses following a cancer diagnosis. You could file a claim with the liable insurance company or pursue a lawsuit. However, this is easier than it sounds. After all, Bayer, the current manufacturer of Roundup, has teams of lawyers ready to dispute claims.
When you partner with a Roundup injury lawyer, they can:
Assess Your Case’s Viability
You may wonder whether you have a case against the makers of Roundup. During your free case review, we’ll assess your situation to determine if:
- You developed a health complication after Roundup exposure.
- A loved one developed an illness or passed away from Roundup exposure.
- You lost a loved one from Roundup exposure.
We will listen to your story, review your medical records, and ask questions to determine your legal options.
Represent You on a Contingency-Fee Basis
It costs you nothing out of pocket to partner with our Roundup litigation lawyers. We serve injured people on a contingency-fee basis. Our attorney’s fees are contingent on your case’s success.
This also means:
- You pay nothing out of pocket.
- We don’t charge retainers or hourly rates.
- A part of your settlement pays for our help.
We want to extend a helping hand to those who want it. We’re ready to start advocating for you, regardless of your financial position.
Deal with the Insurance Company
Filing a claim is one of the most tiresome aspects of the financial recovery process. Many times, insurance companies (especially those representing big-name corporations) don’t pay claims without a fight.
When you have a lawyer, they will manage all dealing with the insurance company, from filing your case to presenting compelling evidence. They will also assess any settlement offers and negotiate for what you need.
Identify and Pursue Compensation
After evaluating your case, your lawyer will pursue coverage for:
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Emotional distress
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Medical expenses
- Loss of household services
These are just a few losses you could recover in your Roundup claim. To find out what your case is worth, reach out to our office to discuss your damages in further detail.
Provide Frequent Updates
You won’t “be in the dark” about your case’s progression with our team on your side. We will give updates on whatever communication method works best for you. You can also call us at any time to ask questions about your case, including how much you can recover.
Gather Supporting Evidence
To build the strongest possible case, we need evidence. We will find and use the following information to support your case:
- Your medical records
- Testimony from your doctor
- Proof that you used Roundup
- Your injury-related invoices and billing statements
We may also consult with healthcare providers, biochemists, and other professionals to learn more about your condition. We can use their testimony to support various aspects of your case, including how you suffered harm.
Get Financial Protection from Roundup’s Manufacturer
How you protect yourself from Roundup can vary according to how and where exposure occurs. If you were already exposed to Roundup and developed cancer, we believe you deserve compensation. Our team wants to help you get it.
Contact the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. You worry about getting better. We take care of everything else. The initial consultation is free, and we advance all the costs of your case. We do not get paid unless you do. You face no risk when working with our team.