Since corporate giant Bayer bought U.S. pesticide manufacturer Monsanto, the German company has come face-to-face with costly, back-to-back lawsuits. Monsanto’s flagship weed killer Roundup has been the focal point in thousands of lawsuits filed by people who have been diagnosed with cancers, including non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL), after exposure to the herbicide. Bayer now faces the consequences of the link between Roundup and cancer.
Roundup Battles Fought With Scientific Evidence
Although Bayer suggests that Roundup does not cause cancer, multiple studies indicate otherwise.
For example, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) conducted a meta-analysis of studies that delved into the Roundup-cancer connection. The research showed that agricultural workers exposed to glyphosate, the key ingredient in Roundup, experienced a 41% greater risk of developing NHL than individuals who were exposed to the chemical infrequently or not at all. The study concluded with the IARC’s classification of glyphosate as “probably carcinogenic to humans.”
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Jury Decisions Favor Victims Of Roundup Exposure
Juries have found this and other studies condemning glyphosate to be more compelling than evidence provided by Bayer—so much so that they have rewarded plaintiffs substantial recoveries. These plaintiffs include:
Alva And Alberta Pilliod
This California couple regularly applied Roundup on the grounds of their home without using any type of protection. Both Alva and Alberta eventually received diagnoses of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. A jury reviewed the evidence and awarded the couple over $2 billion in damages.
Another California resident received $80 million in damages when a jury found that Bayer’s Roundup caused the plaintiff’s NHL. Hardeman had used the herbicide for years to treat overgrowth, poison oak, and weeds on his residential property.
In this case, a groundskeeper at a California school applied Roundup regularly as a function of his daily work. Johnson even had the product spilled on him on several occasions. He was subsequently diagnosed with terminal NHL.
According to the New York Times, the jury in Johnson’s case was convinced that Roundup manufacturers failed to warn the public of the risks of using its weed killer. The jury awarded the plaintiff $289 million, although that amount was later reduced to $78 million.
Since the Johnson decision, Bayer has continued to face thousands of lawsuits. New evidence has also surfaced revealing that Monsanto falsified research and suppressed evidence that spoke negatively about their product, serving to further damage Bayer’s defense position for future trials.
What To Do If You Or A Loved One Received A Cancer Diagnoses That Could Be Related To Roundup Exposure
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer after exposure to Roundup, you should contact our firm. We may be able to enroll you in an existing lawsuit or start a lawsuit of your own. Note that we handle both cases where the plaintiff is currently battling cancer and those where a victim has passed away because of cancer.
Our team can assist you by:
- Learning your story: Though there have been many victims of Bayer’s toxic herbicide Roundup, each victim has a unique story to tell. Our team will take the time to learn your story, including your interactions with Roundup, your cancer, and how the illness has affected your life.
- Securing evidence related to your case against Bayer: Our team will work quickly to secure evidence that could be relevant to your case. Relevant evidence may include medical records, witness accounts of your exposure to Roundup, and work or personal documents that support your case.
- Working with your doctors or any new medical professionals we refer you to: Your illness will be central to your case. We will work with doctors who have treated your cancer or a loved one’s cancer. They may provide records of your condition. If further medical treatment is necessary, we can arrange for you to receive the care you need.
- Forming a legal strategy based on your unique circumstances: There may be multiple options for seeking the compensation you deserve. You may be able to join an existing lawsuit with other plaintiffs or may be better suited to bring your own lawsuit. Our firm will oversee all legal strategies for your case.
- Seeking the financial recovery you deserve: However the legal strategy evolves, we’ll seek the entire financial recovery that you’re entitled to.
Identifying and documenting damages is just one part of the legal process—but it’s an important part. We’ll make sure to monitor your losses as they evolve, ensuring that we are seeking full coverage of your damages.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Recoverable Damages For Victims Of Bayer’s Negligence
Those who experience cancer face many similar challenges, and recoverable damages in your case may include:
- Medical expenses: Medical costs are a given when you receive a cancer diagnosis. All costs to diagnose and treat your cancer may be part of your lawsuit.
- Pain and suffering: Cancer is not just physically taxing but can also be emotionally and psychologically draining. We’ll pursue a fair recovery for the pain and suffering you and your loved ones have experienced.
- Rehabilitation-related costs: Those who undergo cancer treatments may need various forms of rehabilitation. Rehab-related costs may be recoverable.
- Lost income and earning power: When cancer affects someone who still works, they may lose income and earning power as a result.
Damages will vary depending on whether cancer has proven fatal or not. We can discuss the damages that those who’ve lost a loved one may face.
A Roundup Cancer Lawyer Can Help You With Your Lawsuit
Bayer faces consequences of the Roundup cancer link as more victims step forward to fight for justice. If you have been diagnosed with NHL or another cancer after being exposed to Roundup, the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine want to help you recover the damages you deserve. Call us today for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW