Personal injury lawyers help bus accident victims pursue justice by providing various legal services. From protecting your rights to investigating the accident to completing settlement negotiations or a trial, a lawyer can lead your case from end to end.
Many bus accident victims are not in the physical or psychological condition to handle a claim or lawsuit on their own. Thankfully, hiring an attorney offers several compelling benefits.
Services That a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Provide Bus Accident Victims
Personal injury firms offer more than just legal services. When you hire a bus accident attorney, you also get the following:
- A legal team that protects your rights
- Sound, experience-based legal advice
- Financial support for your case with no upfront or out-of-pocket costs
- The freedom to focus on your recovery
Of course, legal services are important as well. A skilled attorney can provide these services and more:
Attorneys and their investigators may:
- Visit the scene of the client’s bus accident (when appropriate)
- Interview new witnesses and gather existing witness accounts
- Secure physical evidence
- Secure video footage of the bus accident
- Obtain a copy of the police report
Investigations are critical as we build your case upon the evidence secured during the investigative stage.
Lawyers and paralegals can manage all communications, paperwork, scheduling, document organization, and other administrative aspects of your case.
In addition to evidence we find at the accident scene, we can seek evidence in the bus company’s possession. This process may involve a private entity or municipality, depending on the type of bus involved in your accident.
Our attorneys also file letters of spoliation when necessary. These letters require that liable parties preserve any evidence related to your bus accident, allowing us to use anything helpful for your claim or lawsuit.
Documentation of Damages
Our legal team will work to secure any documentation that supports your pursuit of justice after a bus accident. We document all your accident-related damages through various forms of evidence, such as:
- Medical records detailing your accident-related injuries
- Photographs of your injuries
- Medical images of your injuries (such as X-rays and CT scans)
- Expert testimony about your physical and psychological injuries
- Invoices for medical services, medical equipment, vehicle repairs, temporary transportation, or other accident-related costs
Calculation of Damages
Calculating damages is another essential legal service. The calculation of your economic and non-economic damages serves as the basis for settlement negotiations. We can also work with qualified experts to ensure that our calculation is accurate.
We may have to negotiate with a municipality or large corporation (or, more accurately, their attorneys). We may also have to negotiate with insurance companies and their legal representatives. An attorney can represent you in both situations.
You should have a qualified and determined legal team on your side. Let our proven bus accident attorneys seek the justice and compensation you deserve.
While our attorneys work hard to settle cases outside the courtroom, we’re willing to go there when needed. Anyone we negotiate with will know that if they refuse to settle, we will take your case to court.
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
The Cost of Bus Accident Legal Services
If you’re concerned about paying for legal services, you don’t have to be. Many personal injury law firms (including ours) offer a client-friendly fee structure in which:
- You pay no upfront compensation to hire a legal team
- The firm covers expert fees, filing fees, and all other costs associated with your case
- The firm receives a percentage of any settlement or verdict we get for you—otherwise, you owe us nothing.
This arrangement is called a contingency fee, and it ensures that any bus accident victim can afford to hire an attorney.
What It Means to “Get Justice” for a Bus Accident
“Getting justice” for bus accident victims means securing compensation that covers all their damages. We may get that compensation through a settlement or jury verdict.
Securing compensation also does the following:
- Holds liable parties accountable for any negligent actions that caused your bus accident
- Allows you to cover accident-related damages that you did not cause
- Allows you to focus on your recovery without financial pressure
Our attorneys have gotten justice for countless bus accident victims, including ones who:
- Personally suffered injuries in a bus accident
- Lost one or more loved ones because of a bus accident
A law firm will not only lead your legal fight, but can also help you with many case-related responsibilities, such as getting medical treatment, securing temporary transportation, and getting your vehicle fixed.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Recoverable Damages for Bus Accident Victims
Buses weigh far more than passenger vehicles, meaning they pose a great risk when they strike another vehicle or a pedestrian. The National Safety Council confirms that if you suffer serious injuries in a bus accident, you could face costly economic damages, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Rehabilitation-related expenses
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Vehicle repairs
- Replacement of a totaled vehicle
- Repair or replacement of other damaged property
- Temporary transportation
Bus accident victims also typically experience pain and suffering, which may include:
- Acute pain
- Chronic pain
- Emotional anguish
- Psychological distress
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep problems
- Loss of quality of life
Your attorney can calculate the cost of all these damages, then determine a settlement amount that adequately covers both your economic and non-economic damages.
When Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Bus Accident?
We recommend hiring a bus accident lawyer as soon as possible. All states have filing deadlines for personal injury cases. For example, Florida Statutes § 95.11 generally requires filing your case within two years of the accident—a window that can expire much faster than you think.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today for Your Free Consultation
You deserve justice for your bus accident, and legal services can help victims like you get that justice. Our law firm serves bus accident victims throughout Florida.
We’re ready to begin fighting for your financial recovery today. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for your free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW