Bus accidents can produce more serious injuries than other car crashes. The matter can also be more complicated if it is a government-owned bus. If you suffered an injury in a bus accident, you may get compensation from the party who caused your injury. Call a bus accident lawyer in Weston, FL with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Proving Liability for Your Injuries in a Bus Accident
Determining liability in a bus accident may depend on the type of bus involved in the accident, for example, whether you were traveling on a city bus, school bus, tour bus, or private bus.
Determining the Liable Party
Our lawyers examine the facts of your bus accident to determine who was at fault and how that party could be liable for the accident, for example:
- The bus driver was speeding, disobeyed a traffic signal, or was texting or talking to someone on the bus.
- A private company can be liable for hiring a bad driver or knowing the vehicle had a mechanical problem.
- The employer of the driver of the bus is likely liable for the acts of the driver.
- The government can be liable if the bus was a city bus or a school bus.
- The driver of another vehicle may have caused the accident.
- The manufacturer can be liable if a defective part, such as a tire, caused the bus to crash.
- A repair shop’s failure to make a proper repair on the bus may have caused the accident.
The Duty Owed by a Bus Driver
Buses are common carriers, which means their drivers owe a higher duty of care than other drivers. They must follow several rules that other drivers are not subject to. For example, federal regulations control the number of hours the driver can operate the bus without rest, which may impact an accident case.
A Bus Accident Caused by Another Driver
The driver of another vehicle may have caused your bus accident. The bus driver may have contributed to the accident as well. In that case, you can bring a case against both the bus driver and the driver of the other vehicle.
Other Parties Responsible for a Bus Accident
If a defective part or product caused a bus accident, our lawyers can file a product liability suit against the manufacturer. We will have an expert inspect the bus for any defects.
The bus may have been recently repaired and the repair shop could have been negligent. For example, failure to repair the brakes properly can cause an accident, and you can file a personal injury action against the repair shop.
How can our lawyers prove liability for the accident?
- Investigate the scene of the accident
- Talk with witnesses and other passengers on the bus
- Obtain the driver’s cell phone records
- Obtain footage of the accident from a traffic camera
You have four years to file an injury suit or a product liability suit in Florida, but it is best if a bus accident lawyer in Weston, FL starts working on your case as soon as possible. Memories can fade, and evidence of the crash can disappear quickly. Call us today at 1-800-747-3733 to so we can begin building your case right away.
For a free legal consultation with a bus accidents lawyer serving Weston, 800-747-3733
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries in a Bus Accident
Bus accidents can result in serious injuries that cost thousands or more to treat. They may include:
- Head injuries: You can hit your head on the back of a seat in front of you or flying debris can strike your head. You may not experience symptoms of a brain injury right after the accident, but watch for things like headaches, memory loss, and confusion.
- Leg injuries: Your legs are in a confined space on the bus and the accident may cause fractures.
- Spinal cord injuries: The impact of the accident may toss your body about the bus, resulting in an injury to your spine or back.
What compensation can you recover for your injuries?
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity (the difference in what you earned before the accident and what you are earning now)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you suffer an injury in a bus accident, let us help navigate the legal process to get the compensation you deserve. Our injury lawyers review your medical records, talk with your doctors, and consult with medical experts to prove the extent of your injuries.
WestonBus Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Filing a Suit Against the Government for Injuries
Buses owned by the city or other government entity carry special rules, for example, regarding the amount you may recover against the government. Our bus accident lawyers in Weston, FL will walk you through the process of suing the government.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Getting a Reasonable Settlement
The fact is, most lawsuits settle before trial because the cost of litigation encourages parties to settle the matter outside of court. Our lawyers enter into negotiations with the insurance company, government officials, and the attorneys for the other side to reach a settlement that compensates you fairly for your injury. If our lawyers cannot get a reasonable settlement, we take the matter to court.
Weston Bus AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Get Help from a Bus Accident Lawyer in Weston, FL
Let our team of lawyers navigate your case and pursue the compensation you deserve. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW