If you have suffered a broken or fractured bone because of a slip and fall accident caused by another person’s negligent actions, it is important that you understand your rights and how to pursue compensation for the harm you have suffered. A Tampa broken or fractured bones lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to advise you on your rights and guide you through the claims process. Contact us at 1-800-747-3733 to begin the process of recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a broken or fractured bones lawyer serving Tampa, call (800) 747-3733
Broken Bones in Slip and Fall Accidents
According to Stanford Health Care, broken bones occur when there is great force applied to a bone than it can handle. Bones are at their weakest point when they are twisted, and bones can become twisted during a fall, which may make them more likely to break. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports that one in five falls causes a serious injury, such as a broken bone.
Some bones that may be broken in slip and fall accidents include:
- Clavicle: the clavicle (collarbone) is very fragile, so it may be broken during a fall.
- Hip: the CDC reports that 95% of broken hips are caused by falls.
- Back and neck bones: back and neck bones that compose the spinal column (vertebrae) can be broken during falls. Vertebral fractures are especially common in those who suffer from osteoporosis.
- Arms or legs: bones such as the femur (thigh bone), humerus (upper arm bone), shinbone, and forearm may be likely to be broken during a personal injury accident, including a fall.
- Wrist or hand: when you fall, your immediate instinct is to put out your hands to try to catch yourself. As a result, wrists or hands are often broken in falls.
- Ankles: there are many small and fragile bones in and near the ankle, and these bones can easily be affected by a fall.
- Pelvis: the pelvic bone may be fractured in a fall if it takes the brunt of the impact with the floor.
- Facial bones: facial bones may be broken if someone hits their face on the floor or another object during a fall.
If you broke one or more bones in a slip and fall accident, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.
Tampa Broken or Fractured Bones Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Types of Broken Bones
The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) reports that the following are some of the common types of fractures:
- Stable fracture: a stable fracture is identified by the broken ends of the bone remaining lined up.
- Open, compound fracture: this type of fracture occurs when the skin is pierced by a bone or outside factor that results in a breaking of the skin.
- Transverse fracture: transverse fractures result in the bone breaking into two pieces. They are usually identified because there is a horizontal line across the fractured area.
- Comminuted fracture: the bone shatters in three or more pieces in this type of fracture.
- Oblique fracture: an oblique fracture involves a break that occurs at an angle.
Symptoms of Broken Bones
Stanford Health Care identifies the following symptoms of fractures:
- Pain or swelling in the injured area
- Deformity in the injured area
- Limited range of motion in the injured area
- Warmth, redness, or bruising in the injured area
Because symptoms of fractures may resemble other medical conditions, it is recommended that you seek medical attention if you believe you may have broken one or more bones in a slip and fall accident.
Treatment for Broken Bones
When a person suffers a broken bone, his or her health care team will likely recommend medical treatment to control pain, promote healing, and prevent complications. Stanford Health Care says treatment for broken bones or fractures may include:
- Medication to control pain
- A splint or cast to immobilize the injured area
- Traction that stretches the injured part of the body in a certain direction
- Surgery to put bones back in the right place
Your treatment will depend on several factors, including:
- Your age
- Your medical history
- Your overall health
- The severity of the injury
- Your tolerance for different types of treatment
How a Tampa Broken or Fractured Bones Lawyer May Be Able to Help You with Your Case
Our personal injury team may be able to help with the following critical aspects of your claim:
Investigating the Accident
Your Tampa broken or fractured bones attorney may conduct a thorough investigation into your claim. We will aim to identify all factors that contributed to your slip and fall accident and all potentially liable parties.
Handling Communications with the Insurance Company
You do not need to communicate directly with the insurance company. We can handle this aspect of your claim while you focus on your health. We may also provide additional information to the insurance company to supplement your claim.
Negotiating a Fair Settlement
We will aim to account for the full extent of your damages to negotiate a fair settlement for your claim.
Pursuing Legal Action
If the insurance company refuses to provide a reasonable settlement, we can discuss pursuing a trial.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Personal Injury Team for Help
If you suffered a broken bone in a slip and fall or other personal injury accident, a Tampa broken or fractured bones lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help. You can focus on your recovery while we handle the rest. Contact our team at 1-800-747-3733 for a free consultation.