Multiple plaintiffs have won lawsuits against Roundup’s manufacturer. According to The New York Times, an Oakland, California, couple was awarded more than $2 billion in damages in May 2019 after a jury determined Roundup was the cause of their cancer following decades of use.
Other known financial awards against the manufacturer of Roundup include:
- $80 million awarded to a San Francisco man for his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
- $289 million (later reduced to $78 million) awarded to a San Francisco groundskeeper for his cancer diagnosis
Many other lawsuits are pending against Roundup by people who hold its active ingredient, glyphosate, responsible for their cancer diagnosis and other health concerns.
If you believe your health or the health of a loved one was negatively impacted by exposure to Roundup, a personal injury lawyer might be able to help you establish a connection between its use and your current medical condition.
The Danger of Roundup’s Active Ingredient
Roundup’s primary ingredient is the chemical glyphosate, a probable carcinogen according to recent research. The potential danger of prolonged exposure to or accidental ingestion of Roundup has been explored by a variety of scientific and educational institutions.
Consider these findings:
- In 2017, California’s Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment (OEHHA)added glyphosate to its list of chemicals known to cause cancer.
- MedlinePluslists glyphosate as a poisonous ingredient and recommends emergency room care after accidental ingestion of the substance.
- The University of Washington’s Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences (DEOHS)states that glyphosate increases the risk of developing non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma by 41%.
- The National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC) details the effects of spraying, breathing, or touching Roundup. It lists eye, nose, mouth, and throat irritation, along with nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, among its temporary side effects.
Was your health or a family member’s health negatively affected by prolonged exposure to Roundup? If so, you could have the foundation of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit for financial recovery. A lawyer in your area may be able to help you explore your options for compensation.
Types of Cancer Potentially Caused by Glyphosate
Gardeners, landscapers, groundskeepers, and others who use or are exposed to Roundup on a regular basis have been diagnosed with certain forms of cancer. According to the OEHHA and the University of Washington, a link has been established between glyphosate and many types of cancer, potentially including:
- Breast cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Liver cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Myeloid leukemia
- Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma
After exposure to Roundup and a subsequent cancer diagnosis, a personal injury lawyer may be able to help you file a compensation claim for financial recovery.
If you or a loved one is ready to pursue financial compensation against Roundup (or if a loved one passed away from cancer related to Roundup’s use), your lawyer can review your potential case and help define your potential for financial recovery.
Learn More About Your Right to Compensation
You could have the basis of a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit against the manufacturer of Roundup if you can prove a connection between exposure to its harmful ingredient and your current medical condition or cancer diagnosis.
When your personal injury team helps you fight for compensation, they may:
- Review your medical records and consult with health care and cancer experts to prove the cause of your diagnosis
- Build a strong case file that includes scientific research and studies that support your right to compensation
For a free legal consultation 800-747-3733
Why Partner with a Lawyer on Your Roundup Lawsuit?
If you want to win a lawsuit against Roundup, you have to demonstrate that because you used the herbicide, you developed an adverse health condition, such as cancer. This can prove difficult. Yet, you can partner with our injury team to build and manage your case.
Some reasons to consider partnering with us include:
We Have Experience Pursuing Damages from Big-Name Corporations
Our team advocates for injured claimants who have suffered harm due to major corporations’ errors, including:
- The makers of Zantac, a once-popular heartburn medication
- Philips, the makers of various sleep apnea and CPAP machines
- The makers of paraquat, a dangerous herbicide
- The makers of Paragard, an intrauterine device (IUD)
Bayer, the current owner of Roundup, has a team of lawyers ready to contest valid cases. However, with us on your side, you’ll have a team of lawyers ready to champion your legal rights.
We don’t Charge Anything Up front for Our Help
We provide our legal services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning there are no fees or upfront costs for you to pay. We are always transparent about what we charge and only recover our expenses upon obtaining a favorable outcome for your Roundup lawsuit.
We Will File Your Case Within the Appropriate Legal Deadline
Under Florida law, there is a certain amount of time in which you can file a lawsuit. How long you have to act depends on several factors. When we evaluate your case, we will examine how the state’s statutory deadline applies to you, and we will take action accordingly.
Our Team Will Explain Your Next Steps
After deciding to pursue legal action, you may wonder: “What now?” Our team will explain how to navigate the aftermath of your Roundup exposure and cancer diagnosis. We may recommend that you visit certain healthcare professionals or document your condition’s impact on your life.
The Different Types of Compensation Available in a Roundup Lawsuit
Thousands of people from across America have filed Roundup cancer lawsuits against Bayer, with more and more people joining the fight each day. According to Bayer, the company has examined 107,000 of the 138,000 current cases and has set an additional $4.5 billion to manage anticipated claims in the future.
Our personal injury attorneys are here to help you understand your legal options and rights to file a Roundup lawsuit against the product’s manufacturers. Financial recovery in your case may account for:
- Lost income and other work-related benefits
- Your future earning ability
- Medical treatment costs
- Mobility assistance devices
- Any modifications to your home or car to accommodate your care needs
- Pain and suffering for the physical and emotional harm you suffered
- Diminished enjoyment of life
- Any mental anguish, anxiety, or other adverse effects of the illness on your mental health
- Any other related expenses
You can also sue for damages if you lost a loved one because of Roundup exposure. In that situation, a settlement could account for your loved one’s funeral, burial, and end-of-life care costs.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Find Out More About How Our Firm Can Help Today
Were you or a loved one diagnosed with cancer, or has the use of Roundup adversely affected your health in other ways? You could be eligible to recoup the financial costs of your medical care and related expenses from the company that makes the product.
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we fight hard for our clients and may be able to help you negotiate a financial settlement that lets you avoid going to court. If your case does proceed to court, we will represent you. Our team members go the extra mile to fight for success for our personal injury clients.
Other plaintiffs have successfully won lawsuits against Roundup and its manufacturer. If you believe the damage to your health or the development of cancer is related to prolonged exposure to Roundup, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW