If you experienced serious injuries in a ridesharing accident, you may be entitled to compensation. A Port Charlotte ridesharing car accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you.
While each personal injury case is different, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Seeking alternative transportation by using a popular rideshare service should not result in extensive medical bills and a possibly permanent injury. We will handle your pursuit for financial recovery from beginning to end, so you can focus on your health.
How Much You Can Get To Settle Your Claim
Every accident claim is unique. That is why we cannot throw a number out there to represent the monetary value of your accident claim. We need to talk to you and investigate your case before we can calculate a fair settlement amount.
Here are some examples of compensatory damages we have won for our previous accident injury clients:
- Non-economic damages: Pain and suffering, loss of enjoyment of file, disability, loss of limb
- Economic damages: Lost wages, reduced earning potential, property damage, medical expenses, physical and psychological therapies
You might have additional losses to add to your compensation claim. The amount of money you can pursue will depend on the facts of your case.
For a free legal consultation with a ridesharing accidents lawyer serving Port Charlotte, 800-747-3733
How Our Law Firm Can Help Your Florida Rideshare Accident Case
After a car accident, it’s understandable to be intimidated by the idea of the legal process. You’ve got a lot on your plate, so filing and negotiating for a settlement may feel like more than you can handle. That’s where our accident attorney comes in. We provide these services for victims of motor vehicle accidents in Florida:
- Assessing your options for compensation
- Filing your case-related paperwork
- Gathering evidence that points to the cause of your accident and implicates the liable party
- Organizing documentation demonstrating your damages
- Calculating the extent of your personal and financial losses
- Negotiating for a settlement or verdict that appropriately compensates you for your losses
- Communicating with the insurance company and the at-fault party on your behalf
- Preparing your case for court proceedings if a settlement cannot be reached
- Answering questions throughout the process
- Providing frequent case updates
Our personal injury lawyers have the knowledge, resources, and experience to handle your accident claim or lawsuit. We will use the tools at our disposal to fight for a positive outcome in your Port Charlotte rideshare accident case.
Port CharlotteRidesharing Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
What We Have To Prove To Hold The Defendant Liable For Your Losses
We cannot automatically sue the driver and Lyft or Uber for your injuries without satisfying the legal requirements to show liability. These involve proving that:
- The other party owed you a duty of care
- The other party violated this duty
- This violation resulted in the accident and your injuries
- You suffered financial losses due to the accident (and related injuries)
After we establish the defendant’s liability, we can pursue financial compensation for your injuries.
How You Can Help Us Help You
Gathering as much evidence as you can helps us prepare your case for negotiations or a trial. Such evidence typically includes:
- An official police report of the accident
- The contact information for witnesses
- Photos and/or videos of the accident scene
- Your medical reports relating to your injuries
- Your medical costs caused by your injuries
- Proof of your missed time from work and lost wages
Reviewing this evidence and speaking with witnesses helps us to get a better understanding of how the accident occurred. We may also use this information to determine liability.
A ridesharing service may try to avoid paying for your injuries. The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will not stand for denial, delay, or underpayment of our client’s claim.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Who Can Be Responsible For A Port Charlotte Uber Or Lyft Rideshare Accident
After an Uber accident or Lyft rideshare accident, it can be confusing to determine who is responsible with so many parties involved. Typically, the potential at-fault parties in a rideshare accident case include:
- The driver of the Uber or Lyft rideshare vehicle
- The Uber or Lyft rideshare corporation
- A driver of a different vehicle
The drivers can be responsible for monetary damages if their negligence caused the collision. Sometimes only one driver made a mistake, but often, more than one driver causes or contributes to a crash. If you were a passenger in a rideshare car and got hurt when that vehicle collided with another car, you might be able to pursue compensation from both drivers.
The rideshare corporation could also be liable if it failed in its duties. For example, Lyft and Uber have a responsibility to take reasonable measures to ensure that their drivers do not pose an unreasonable risk to the public. Some of the specific duties these companies have include:
Performing Background Checks On People Who Apply To Be Drivers
If the rideshare company does not check the driving and criminal records of prospective drivers, the rideshare firm is negligent. If the company hires someone with impaired driving convictions, and that person drives drunk and injures people, Uber or Lyft sure can be financially responsible to the injured people.
Ongoing Monitoring Of Drivers
The company should regularly pull the criminal and driving records of its drivers to make sure that they have not committed an offense that would make them a danger while transporting people. A driver might have a clean driving and criminal record at the time of signing on with the rideshare company but could engage in violent or illegal conduct while in the company’s employment.
Creating and Enforcing Rules To Keep People Safe
By way of example, the company should not ignore complaints from customers about abusive or dangerous conduct by the drivers. Also, the rideshare company should take action when drivers get moving violations and criminal convictions.
If the rideshare company fails to meet its legal duty toward passengers and the general public, and someone gets hurt as a result, the corporation can be liable for the harm.
We understand that these legal theories can be confusing. You should not have to go to law school to protect your rights when someone else’s negligence causes you to get hurt. A Port Charlotte Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer can help.
Port Charlotte Ridesharing AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Rideshare Services And Liability For Your Accident Injuries
Rideshare drivers are independent contractors who use their own vehicles to transport you. Drivers who contract with such services as Uber or Lyft must have a certain amount of liability insurance. The companies do cover liability in the event of an accident; however, the specifics of how that insurance applies may vary.
For example, who covers what depends upon the status of the driver. They may be:
- Online and waiting for a customer
- In route to pick up a customer or currently transporting one
- Offline and not taking customers at the moment
The amount of insurance coverage provided, either by the driver, the rideshare company, or another driver is most likely not enough to cover your medical costs.
If you experienced serious injuries in a rideshare accident, you deserve compensation for your damages.
How A Rideshare Accident Can Turn Tragic
Many rideshare services use third-party companies to screen drivers. Background checks typically do not include credit checks.
Background checks for rideshare drivers are often under scrutiny. While continuous background checks for drivers are growing in popularity, most services do not use fingerprint checks.
It is fairly easy for a rideshare driver with a dangerous past to slip through the system. If this is the type of driver who caused your serious injuries, you may be able to hold them accountable by pursuing legal action against them.
Whether they can pass a background check or not, drivers have the potential to exhibit dangerous behavior behind the wheel, such as:
- Drowsy driving: a rideshare driver may work another job, putting in long hours with little sleep. People who usually sleep less than 6 hours each night are more likely to fall asleep while driving than those who get more sleep, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Distracted driving: a rideshare driver who relies on their driving as their primary source of income may become distracted by the app or speed to deliver you to your destination faster.
- Drunk driving: any rideshare driver may choose to consume alcohol before picking up passengers.
These are just a few examples of how a rideshare accident can turn tragic in a second and change your life forever. If you experienced serious injuries in a rideshare accident, you are not alone, and the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine may be able to help you pursue justice.
Rideshare Drivers Can Also Use the Help of Our Accident Lawyers
We understand that rideshare drivers aren’t always at-fault for the accidents they experience on the clock. If you were the driver of an Uber or Lyft and were seriously injured in the crash, we can represent you in negotiations for an appropriate settlement or verdict.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Now
Deciding you need a lawyer and making the actual call are two different things. Contacting us at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as possible may help alleviate some of your stress.
If you were seriously injured in a rideshare accident that was not your fault, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine without delay to discuss your case. You must act quickly due to the statute of limitations. If the deadline for filing your case passes, you may miss your opportunity for pursuing compensation forever.
You owe us nothing unless we win your case. Call us now for a free case evaluation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW