While tractor-trailers are great for transporting goods across the country, they are also a huge threat on the road. Because of their sheer size, an accident with a tractor-trailer is often life-altering. If you or a loved one has been involved in a tractor-trailer accident, you can contact a Pembroke Pines tractor-trailer accident lawyer.
For years, Pembroke Pines residents have turned to the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to help them after tractor-trailer accidents. We are passionate about helping the victims seek compensation and get back on their feet.
What Causes Tractor-Trailer Accidents?
Like most other traffic accidents, negligent drivers are the main cause of tractor-trailer accidents. In fact, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, trailer truck accidents are caused by multiple factors, including driver error. Some of these errors may include:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Disregarding traffic rules
- Traveling over the speed limit
- Driving while exhibiting aggressive and impatience behavior
- Driving while texting, fatigued, or distracted
These are just a few of the countless things that a truck driver can do wrong and cause a tractor-trailer accident. However, it’s not always the driver’s fault. Mechanical challenges such as brake failure and tire blowouts also cause tractor-trailer accidents. Improper or unbalanced freight loading can also destabilize the truck and cause an accident.
For a free legal consultation with a tractor trailer accidents lawyer serving Pembroke Pines, 800-747-3733
Common Types of Tractor-Trailer Accidents
There are many types of tractor-trailer accidents. Because of truck size and weight, all these accidents are hazardous and often result in fatalities.
A jackknife is when the truck loses control, and the trailer moves across the road. These accidents can cause unimaginable damage, especially when the trailer swerves into oncoming traffic. During a jackknife, the truck driver has no control over the speed or direction of the truck, and the best they can do is hope that it stops soon.
Jackknives mostly happen when the driver makes a sudden stop at high speeds, tire blowouts, or slippery conditions on the road. Unfortunately, if a tractor-trailer jackknifes and hits a smaller vehicle, the vehicle’s occupants may not survive the accident. While some accidents are hard to avoid due to unpredictable factors, negligent behavior like speeding or texting while driving can cause jackknife accidents.
Trucks are heavy, even without the trailer. This makes them hard to control and slow to stop. As a result, tractor-trailer trucks are often involved in rear-end collisions.
There are higher risks of rear-end collisions when the roads are slippery, and the driver is drunk or follows the vehicle too closely. When a trailer truck rear-ends a smaller vehicle even at low speeds, the vehicle may be destroyed and the occupants severely injured.
Head-on collisions occur when the front end comes into contact with the front end of another vehicle. They can be caused by drunk drivers who cannot keep the truck between the lines, a tire blowout, or slippery roads.
T-bone accidents refer to when a vehicle hits another vehicle from the side. T-bones can happen in tractor-trailers when the truck driver tries to make a yellow light or runs a red light.
Insecurely loaded goods can fall off the truck, flying into traffic. This can cause the vehicles behind to stop suddenly on a freeway, leading to multiple rear-end collisions.
Pembroke PinesTractor Trailer Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
What Should I Do After a Tractor-Trailer Accident?
After an accident, there are a few steps you can take to make sure you have a fighting chance at compensation. Don’t rush into signing anything without your attorney and refrain from getting into a confrontation with the truck driver. Here are the most important things you should do:
- Stop and Report the Accident to the Authorities: Move your vehicle to a safe place away from traffic if you can still drive. Then, call 911 and report the accident. Once the police arrive, fill out an accident report and request a copy.
- Take Pictures: If you can, use your phone to take a few pictures of the accident site and any injuries you have sustained.
- Go to Hospital: Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you feel fine, sometimes accident victims have internal injuries that take hours or days to manifest. The sooner you see a doctor, the better.
- Identify the Involved Parties: Find out the company that owns the tractor-trailer and the driver’s name. You may need the help of your attorney to determine the at-fault party if it is not apparent who was the leading cause of the accident.
- Call Your Lawyer: Contact a tractor-trailer accident attorney serving the Pembroke Pines area to guide you through the legal process of filing an injury claim.
Since injury claims can take some time, it’s important to contact a lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine as soon as possible so that they start your case right away.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Why You Might Want a Lawyer After a Tractor-Trailer Accident
While having a lawyer is not a legal requirement to file a claim after a tractor-trailer accident, you should consider working with our firm. A tractor-trailer accident lawyer will use their experience to build a strong case for you while you deal with recovering.
The lawyer also:
- Collects witness statements
- Gathers evidence, including the pictures you might have taken
- Builds a case with relevant evidence and expert testimony
- Determines liability and pursues damages from all the at-fault parties
Pembroke Pines Tractor Trailer AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
How Much does It Cost to Hire a Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer?
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we operate on a contingency fee basis. This protects you from any financial risk associated with your case. When you work with us, you don’t have to pay anything upfront, meaning that we put forth all the expenses of your case if we don’t earn you a settlement.
Call Us Today for Help After a Pembroke Pines Truck Accident
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we are proud that we’ve helped hundreds of accident victims receive the compensation they deserve. If you or someone you know is ever involved in a tractor-trailer truck accident, our doors are open, and our attorneys are ready to serve you.
We prioritize every case and use our legal skills and resources to ensure our clients get a fair settlement. Call us today for a free consultation and case evaluation.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW