If you were injured in a slip-and-fall accident in Panama City, don’t take on the responsibility of paying for your medical bills and pain and suffering. You have the option to pursue compensation from the at-fault party.
A lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can be your legal champion and manage your case from start to finish. You can learn more about our services when you call us for a free case review.
Our Lawyers Don’t get Paid Unless You do
The financial aftermath of a slip-and-fall accident can be substantial, and we don’t want to add any more weight to that burden. We work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you pay no fees:
- Starting up
- Out of pocket
We will inform you what portion we will take out of your potential award, so there is no risk involved when you decide to work with us.
How an Attorney on our Team Can Help
Slip-and-fall accident litigation requires an understanding of the laws and insurance rules that apply to personal injury and premises liability cases. With that, you must be able to quantify damages, understand evidentiary requirements, and meet filing deadlines.
An attorney from our team can provide these services and also:
Determine the Cause of Your Accident
Slips and falls can occur in a wide range of settings, and they are often the result of poor supervision, inadequate maintenance, or a lack of safety precautions. Negligence, poor worker training, unsafe work environments, and hazards on the floor can also lead to slips and falls.
A slip-and-fall can be caused by:
- A loss of traction, usually because of improper footwear or slippery surfaces
- Cracked, damaged, or uneven surfaces
- Slippery mats
- Worn or torn carpeting
- A lack of safety gear, equipment, or installations
- Poor worker training
- Poor lighting
- Clutter and debris
Our attorneys will figure out the cause of your accident to determine whether you have grounds for a claim.
Gather and Organize Evidence
Before filing a claim with your insurer or a lawsuit against an at-fault party, you should try to gather as much evidence as possible. Our legal team will help you obtain:
- The incident report
- Video or photo of the accident
- Medical records to demonstrate the severity of your injuries.
- Eyewitness statements regarding how the accident unfolded
- Premises maintenance logs to prove that the at-fault party was aware of hazards but failed to address them
This evidence will help point to who was responsible for the accident and, ultimately, owes you damages. Some liable parties could be the property manager, property owner, your employer, or another third party.
Since every case is different, it is difficult to determine how much your damages are worth right away. Therefore, we have to look at which ones apply to your case and how they have affected you financially and non-financially.
Some forms of compensation include:
- Medical bills: For past and expected medical treatment
- Lost wages: For the time at work you missed
- Lost earning capacity: For any effects your injuries have on your ability to work in the future
- Miscellaneous expenses: For any additional costs you incurred (e.g., hiring someone to care for your children, travel costs to and from your doctor’s office, renovating your home to accommodate a wheelchair)
- Pain and suffering: For the emotional and physical pain and suffering you endure
- Temporary or permanent disability: For your inability to do routine and recreational activities
- Scarring or disfigurement: For the change in your appearance or mobility
If you lost your loved one to the accident, you may be entitled to damages through a wrongful death claim. These damages might include funeral and burial expenses, lost support and services, and pain and suffering.
File Within the Applicable Deadlines
For personal injury cases, you typically have four years to file a lawsuit, in accordance with Florida Statutes §95.11(3)(a). If your loved one passed away from their slip-and-fall injuries, you have two years to file for wrongful death, per Florida Statutes §95.11(4)(d). A failure to do so may lead to a forfeiture of your right to seek compensation.
Our team will work to get the evidence and paperwork required to file a lawsuit before the filing deadline passes.
Types of Injuries You Can Sustain After a Slip-and-Fall Accident
Slips and falls can cause a wide range of injuries, some of which can cost thousands of dollars to treat. Common injuries that we can help you quantify include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs)
- Broken and fractured bones
- Organ damage
- Internal bleeding
- Neck, back, nerve, and muscle injuries such as carpal tunnel injuries
- Varying degrees of paralysis
- Wrongful death
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, different rules apply when seeking compensation for your injuries or filing a lawsuit for damages. We will make sure you understand these rules.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is Just a Call Away
Our team has multiple lawyers on staff, and we pride ourselves on providing responsive legal care. As our client, you will have your attorney’s cell phone number, and we will update you regarding the status of your claim or lawsuit every step of the way.
We go the extra mile and can help schedule your appointments so that you can focus on getting better while we take care of everything else. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free consultation.
We Can Help.