Slip and fall accidents happen quickly but can change your life forever. According to University of Florida Health, falls are one of the top three causes of traumatic brain injuries. Falls can also result in broken bones, back injuries, soft tissue injuries, and more. These injuries can prevent you from working, cause physical and psychological trauma, and lead to expensive medical bills.
If you slipped and fell on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation known as damages. You could seek damages from the property owner or another liable party by yourself, or you can work with an Altamonte Springs slip and fall accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. After reviewing the case in a complimentary consultation, we’ll handle everything for you.
Who Is Responsible for a Slip and Fall Accident?
Property owners – whether homeowners or business owners – have an obligation to keep their premises safe and free of hazards. If you sustain an injury after falling on someone else’s property, the owner may be liable for your losses. However, you must demonstrate these factors:
- Duty of care: The owner had an obligation to mitigate or warn you of any hazards. Property owners generally owe a duty of care to personal guests at home and clients at a business.
- Knowledge: The owner knew or should have known about the hazard but did not fix it or warn you about it.
- Causation: The hazard led to your slip and fall.
- Damages: You suffered injuries and financial damages
Some of the most common types of slipping hazards include:
- Cracked sidewalks or parking lots
- Slick spots on the floor
- Spills that are left on the floor
- Bulging carpets
- Broken stairs and railings
- Poorly lit stairwells
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Altamonte Springs, 800-747-3733
Recovering Damages After a Slip and Fall Accident in Altamonte Springs
Insurance companies may try to shortchange you after your accident. For this reason, you must understand how much your damages are worth, or you may accept an offer that is lower than you deserve.
Our lawyers are here to help you understand all the damages potentially available to you after your accident. For example, you may be able to recover damages for:
- Medical expenses, such as emergency treatment, ambulance bills, diagnostic imaging, surgeries, rehabilitative therapies, medical equipment, prescription medication, and more
- Future medical expenses for any treatments, therapies, or surgeries that your doctors anticipate you will need
- Lost wages for unpaid time off work
- Future lost wages if you are unable to return to work
- Pain and suffering if your injuries leave you with chronic pain, permanent disabilities, mental health conditions, and more
Altamonte SpringsSlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Do You Need a Lawyer for a Slip and Fall Accident Case?
You may find a lawyer’s services helpful as you seek damages from the responsible party. Our accident attorneys understand the intricacies of Florida’s legal and insurance processes. Here are some ways we can help you:
Investigating Your Slip and Fall Accident
When we investigate your slip and fall accident, our team will gather evidence such as:
- Security camera footage
- Pictures of the scene and your injuries
- Eyewitness statements
- Maintenance records
- Accident reports, if any were filed
This evidence can help us show that the property owner’s negligence caused you to slip and fall.
Estimating How Much Your Case Is Worth
Our team will use your medical bills and records, past wage statements, and interviews with your medical team, you, and your family members to estimate the full value of your losses.
Handling the Insurance Claims Process
We will file an insurance claim and submit supporting documents for you. From the moment you hire our firm, we will also take over phone calls, emails, and any other communication with the insurance company, including settlement negotiations.
Suing the At-Fault Party
Most of the time, both parties prefer to settle out of court. However, going to trial may be the best way to get you fair compensation for your losses. If necessary, we will file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Accolades for the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we strive to obtain the best possible outcome for our clients. You can review our client testimonials and Google reviews to get a sense of how we approach these cases. Here are a few examples:
- “Avery Fenton is a awesome attorney. Extremely professional and will work hard for you to get the best settlement that he can. If I ever have another accident and need an attorney I would go to him. I could not be happier with my settlement.” – Joanne Johnson
- “I simply can’t put any amount of words to say Shire is extraordinary, amazing guy, and an even better attorney. I will be highly recommending Shire Patel to any of my friends or family if they are in need of an outstanding attorney. He is the guy to go to!!” – Alex Goldenberg
Altamonte Springs Slip and Fall AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Filing Your Lawsuit Before Florida’s Deadline
After a slip and fall accident in Altamonte Springs, you only have a short amount of time to sue the liable party. Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a)establishes the statute of limitations for personal injury at four years, which means you have four years from the date of your accident to file a lawsuit. If you wait any longer, you forfeit your right to sue.
Our lawyers will evaluate your case to determine how the statute of limitations applies and whether there are any possible exceptions to this deadline. We will make sure that you file your slip and fall lawsuit before time runs out.
We Can Represent You in a Slip and Fall Accident Case
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident in Altamonte Springs because of someone else’s negligence, you could recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, and more. Our personal injury lawyers are ready to help.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 today for a free case consultation. Because we work on contingency, you pay nothing until we deliver compensation to you.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW