A slip and fall can lead to serious injuries. Whether you tripped on an unmaintained pothole in a parking lot or slipped on a wet floor at a hotel in North Port, you could have a case against a negligent property owner. You could seek compensation for your damages, including your medical bills and lost income.
Our North Port slip and fall accident lawyers from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can handle your case, filing a claim or lawsuit for you. We offer free consultations, and we work based on contingency, so you don’t have to worry about upfront legal fees.
- You Could Recover Several Forms of Compensation After a Florida Slip and Fall
- What Our Lawyers Can do to Prove Your North Port Injury Case
- The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will Go the Extra Mile for You
- The Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Time to File a Lawsuit
- You Could Have Fallen in These North Port Locations
- Our Lawyers Can Help You Pursue Your Sarasota County Injury Case
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving North Port, call (800) 747-3733
You Could Recover Several Forms of Compensation After a Florida Slip and Fall
Property owners have a duty to keep their property free of safety hazards — and this could mean that they are liable for your damages if they fail to do so.
Recoverable damages in an injury case may be both economic and non-economic.
Economic Damages Can be Beyond Your Medical Costs
These may include:
- Medical bills: Emergency care, surgeries, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy, medical assistive devices, and more
- Lost wages: Reflecting missed paychecks
- Reduced earning capacity: If you can no longer return to work in your former capacity
Claiming Future Medical Costs After a Slip and Fall Injury
Your slip and fall may have led to catastrophic injuries, including:
- Hip fractures
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Back injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- And more
These kinds of injuries could require long-term medical care and involve extensive time away from work. All these future costs could be considered when we seek a settlement or award.
Non-Economic Losses May Compensate You for Your Suffering
We have experience proving these intangible losses and seeking fair compensation for victims. We can seek a recovery if you faced the following:
- Pain and suffering: Compensating you for your physical pain
- Mental anguish: For your psychological challenges
- Disfigurement and scarring: If your appearance changed due to the injury
Wrongful Death Damages If a Slip and Fall Injury was Fatal
After losing a loved one, pursuing legal action can be overwhelming. We can help you seek damages for:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Medical care
- Non-economic damages
North Port Slip and Fall Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
What Our Lawyers Can do to Prove Your North Port Injury Case
You may not want to handle an injury case when you’re still healing. Our slip and fall accident attorneys can handle every step for you.
Gather Crucial Evidence to Prove Your Damages and Hold the Negligent Party Responsible
Proving that a negligent property owner is liable for your damages after a slip and fall requires some specific evidence. We will work to show that:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care.
- The property owner breached this duty of care by failing to address the hazard.
- You were injured as a result.
- You suffered damages.
So, we have to show that it was the property owner’s negligence that directly led to your accident and injuries. This is where a slip and fall case can get complicated. For instance, a property owner may try to argue that they were unaware of the hazard that caused your injury or that your own negligence led to your fall.
We will need to build compelling evidence to prove your case and fight back against these kinds of challenges. We can seek out evidence from the following sources to prove liability and your losses:
- Witness statements
- An accident report
- Video footage of the injury
- Photos of the scene of the fall
- Your medical records
- Records of past violations by the property owner
- And more
Deal with Any Aggressive Tactics
As mentioned, these cases can come with many challenges — and we can stand up for your side of the story through every step.
In addition to the above-mentioned challenges to your claim, you may deal with an insurance company that tries to claim:
- Your injuries are not as serious as they are.
- You made your injuries worse.
- You deserve a lower settlement than your case truly merits.
- You took blame for the fall in a recorded statement requested by the insurer.
We have seen these kinds of tactics before. We understand how to handle these communications and pursue your case.
Negotiate a Fair Settlement or Take Your Case to Trial
Depending on the details of your case, we may have different options for proceeding. We may be able to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit.
If we do pursue an insurance claim, our goal would be to reach the full, fair value of your case through out-of-court negotiations. This may be possible, and it can save time if we pursue this route. If the insurer will not make a fair offer, we may still have the option of going to trial.
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine will Go the Extra Mile for You
Our team works hard to support our clients through the entire injury case process. We understand that these cases can be complicated, and we want to make the process feel as smooth for you as possible.
With that goal in mind, we will:
- Offer you your attorney’s phone number
- Be available to take your questions 24/7
- Explain your options in easy-to-understand terms
- Keep you updated every step of the way
- Offer a free case review so you can learn your next steps
You Don’t Have to Pay Upfront Fees to Hire Our Team
Beyond our commitment to service, we also do not ask any upfront legal fees. We know these can be challenging times for you financially, so we work based on contingency. This means that:
- We only receive a payment if we win your case.
- We ask no upfront fees, hourly retainers, or other out-of-pocket costs.
- We finance your case until you get results.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Time to File a Lawsuit
We don’t advise that you wait too long to get started with your injury case. While you may wish to take time to consider your options, know that you have a limited amount of time to file suit. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11(3)(a), you generally have four years to do so.
By getting started sooner rather than later, you can:
- Help your legal team to prepare a strong case
- Ensure that time-sensitive evidence can be gathered soon after your injury
- Protect your right to seek compensation
You Could Have Fallen in These North Port Locations
A slip and fall can happen in almost any location — and because of this, a number of parties could be deemed liable for your injuries.
You could have fallen at:
- Grocery stores such as Publix, Winn-Dixie, or other stores
- Restaurants such as Taco Bell, Wendy’s, or other local stores
- Recreation areas such as Warm Mineral Springs Park or Heron Creek Golf & Country Club
- And other locations
In certain situations, you may not know who is responsible for your accident, especially if you fell at a park or in another public area. This is one other reason to seek our help: We can tell you exactly who is liable for your case. You don’t have to investigate these details on your own.
Our Lawyers Can Help You Pursue Your Sarasota County Injury Case
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can get to work for you today. Call us to learn more about your options and how we can help after your slip and fall in North Port: 1-800-747-3733.
The call is free, and there is no obligation. Our personal injury attorneys can assist you on your path to recovery.