After a car accident, the last thing you want to do is battle with strangers over the phone about getting the money you need to pay for your losses. While we expect insurance companies to negotiate in good faith, that isn’t always the case.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, a North Port car accident lawyer can communicate with the insurance and fight for the payout you deserve. Our North Port personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you negotiate a fair settlement so that you can heal with financial and emotional peace of mind.
What Kind Of Damages Could I Get Through My Car Accident Claim?
There are two kinds of damages you could receive after an accident. Economic damages are financial compensation for expenses you’ve incurred because of the accident. These could include losses and expenses like:
- Medical expenses. If you needed emergency care, stayed in the hospital, or incurred ongoing medical expenses like doctor’s visits, medications, and rehabilitation, you could be compensated for them.
- Loss of income. After your accident, if you were unable to work or missed shifts, you could claim these lost paychecks.
- Loss of future earning capacity. If you are unable to earn what you usually do, or if you cannot earn what you might have if the accident had not occurred, you may be entitled to recover these losses.
- Property losses. The cost of replacing or repairing your vehicle would be included in this category.
- Various out-of-pocket expenses. Expenses incurred because of the accident would fall into this category, such as childcare or rideshare services.
Not all losses are money-related, however. You may also be eligible for non-economic damages such as mental and emotional suffering. Disfigurement, scarring, and other losses not directly related to financial costs are also considered in these damages.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
A serious car accident can mean loss of transportation, significant medical bills, and time away from work, essentially digging a financial hole that can feel impossible to get out of.
Thankfully, you don’t need to dig any further to afford representation. Our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you pay nothing upfront. Instead, we only get paid if we are successful in settling your case.
Do I Need To Hire A Lawyer For A Car Accident Injury?
Hiring a car accident lawyer can help take the burden of a complex and emotionally taxing process off your shoulders. The insurance company may dispute liability for the accident, attempt to hold you partially responsible, or flat out refuse to pay a valid claim.
Having a lawyer behind you can put pressure on the insurer to take your claim seriously.
Getting you the compensation you need to pay your bills and get you back on your feet isn’t easy, but our attorneys will do what it takes to make sure your claim is strong and that you have the support you need during this process.
What To Expect In A North Port Car Accident Case
Uncertainty is like a looming cloud following a car accident. We can help clarify things by walking you through the process of your case. Generally, you can expect:
We Will Review Your Case
Our attorneys will perform a no-obligation case review and advise you on how to move forward with your case. At this time, we will get acquainted with the facts of your accident and evaluate how we can support the strength of your claim.
We Will Investigate Your Accident
We will investigate the details of your wreck, interview witnesses, and evaluate the evidence. Armed with this information, we can accurately assign fault in your case, and calculate your case value.
We Will Help Prove The Liable Party’s Negligence
To win compensation from the liable party’s insurer, you must prove that the other driver was negligent, and their actions resulted in your injuries. To do so, you must establish:
- Duty of care: The at-fault party owed you a duty of care, meaning there are reasonable expectations for them to act responsibly towards you.
- Breach of Duty: The at-fault party breached their duty of care. They endangered you with their actions or inactions.
- Causation: The at-fault party’s breach of duty resulted in your injuries and losses.
- Damages: You sustained medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Proving negligence is a complicated process requiring a strong understanding of the evidence and the liable party’s responsibility towards you. Our personal injury lawyer has experience with cases like yours and can handle this important step.
We Will Negotiate With The Insurer
We can draft a demand letter requesting compensation from the insurer, detailing the injuries you’ve sustained due to the at-fault party’s negligence. We’ll lead negotiations with the insurance company to settle on a fair amount for compensation.
We Can Take Your Case To Court
Many car accident cases can be settled out of court. However, it’s not a guarantee. Our attorneys are prepared to file a lawsuit if necessary to ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses.
You Have Four Years To File A Car Accident Lawsuit In North Port
You have four years to file your lawsuit, based on Florida Statutes § 95.11. Once this deadline has passed, you may lose the leverage you have over the insurance company, possibly resulting in a lower payout or denied claim. Our North Port car accident lawyers will keep your claim on track by filing paperwork promptly and keeping you informed on the status of your case.
Get Started On Your North Port Car Accident Case With No Upfront Costs
When you’re injured in a car accident, you want a car accident lawyer who is invested in your well-being. At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our clients are at the center of everything we do. We pride ourselves on providing caring, responsive legal care that allows you to heal in peace.
When you choose our team to represent you, you benefit from:
- A direct line to the attorney working your case
- Frequent case updates
- Assistance with car repairs
- Help with scheduling doctors appointments
Tell us about your case – contact our office today for a free consultation.
We Can Help.