Slip and fall accidents can leave victims with expensive medical bills and lifelong health complications. If your accident was the fault of a property owner’s negligence, you can seek compensation for your losses. A Baker County slip and fall accident lawyer with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you with an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Falls are a Leading Cause of Death in Florida
While you may think of slip and falls as minor accidents, they can actually result in severe and even fatal injuries. According to the Florida Department of Health, unintentional falls are the leading cause of fatal and non-fatal injuries among state residents aged 65 and older. In 2019, 3,013 older adults in Florida died in a fall, the department reports. Falls, especially in older adults, can cause:
- Head injuries
- Broken bones
- Hip fractures
- Neck and back injuries
For a free legal consultation with a slip and fall accidents lawyer serving Baker County, 800-747-3733
Our Attorneys Can Seek Compensation for Your Accident
Property owners have a legal duty to ensure their premises are in a reasonably safe condition. If your slip and fall was due to a property owner’s negligence, you deserve compensation for your accident-related expenses. Our premises liability lawyers can help you pursue awards for:
- Medical treatment. Medical compensation includes awards for all of your past and future accident-related health care costs. This includes emergency department treatment, medical procedures, medications and medical equipment, doctor’s office visits, long-term nursing services, and rehabilitation.
- Lost wages. This includes back pay for the time lost at work because of your injuries and recovery. It also includes awards for the loss of your earning potential if your injury prevents you from returning to work.
- Personal property damages. This includes the cost of repairing or replacing phones, electronics, jewelry, or other items of value that were damaged or destroyed during your slip and fall.
- Household services. You can seek the cost of childcare, cooking, housekeeping, transportation, and other services you cannot perform because of your injuries.
You can also seek awards for the ways your injuries affect your health, well-being, and quality of life. This may include compensation for:
- Loss of mobility or paralysis
- Physical pain
- Mental and emotional suffering
- Scarring or disfigurement
- Loss of cognitive abilities
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Stress and depression
Florida Wrongful Death Compensation
According to Florida Statutes § 768.19, if your loved one suffered a fatal fall injury because of someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing, you can seek damages on their behalf. A representative of the deceased’s estate can take action to recover the deceased’s accident-related losses, as well as compensation for the surviving family members. This may include:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost wages and inheritance
- Loss of the deceased’s love, support, companionship, and guidance
Baker CountySlip and Fall Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Who Is Financially Responsible for Your Injuries?
Property owners and occupiers can both be liable for premises liability accidents. Who is financially responsible for your injuries will depend on the unique circumstances of your slip and fall, but responsibility usually rests with the party “in control” of the property at the time of your accident. This may include:
- A homeowner
- An apartment building or housing complex owner
- A residential renter
- A commercial building owner
- A commercial renter
- A federal, state, or local government entity
We can help you investigate your slip and fall to determine who may owe you damages. However, you should know that, in most cases, you cannot seek compensation unless you were on the property legally. According to Florida Statutes § 768.075, owners and occupiers are not liable for injuries sustained by trespassers.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Slip and fall accidents can result from negligent maintenance, a lack of safety measures, or failure to warn visitors to the property about known dangers. Examples of negligent or dangerous property conditions include:
- Spills or slippery floors
- Cracked or broken floorboards or tile
- Lack of lighting
- Lack of hand railings
- Ripped or torn carpeting
- Obstructed walkways
- Potholes or broken sidewalks
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
How Long do You Have to Pursue a Slip and Fall Accident Case in Baker County?
Florida has a four-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases and a two-year statute of limitations for wrongful death actions, according to Florida Statutes § 95.11. Our slip and fall accident lawyers can help you get started on your insurance claim or lawsuit before your window of time expires. We can:
- Gather evidence, including witness statements and expert opinions
- Obtain your medical bills and records
- File your insurance claim and communicate with insurance agents on your behalf
- Represent you during negotiations
- Work to secure a fair settlement
- Manage case deadlines
- Help you schedule appointments
- Provide you with case updates regularly
- Take your case to trial if necessary
We Go the Extra Mile to Serve Our Clients
Since our founding in 2006, our attorneys have helped thousands of personal injury victims from across Florida. Our goal is to help you achieve a successful settlement or verdict while providing you with top-notch legal service at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost to you. Just listen to what previous clients say about working with our team:
“My experience with this law firm has been a great one. The staff is extremely professional. Anytime I had questions or concerns, I would call and someone would always have an answer for me. Their follow up is outstanding.” – Stephen L.
“What unbelievable professionalism. If you have to hire an attorney to represent you during a difficult time, there is no other choice than Anidjar and Levine. Everyone I dealt with was great.” – Charles L.
“I have nothing but good things to say about the Law Firm of Anidjar & Levine. This is a very professional, courteous and caring group which works hard for their clients.” – Sonia G.
Baker County Slip and Fall AccidentsYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Case Evaluation
Our team is here 24/7 to answer your questions. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 for a free, no-obligation case review. Our Baker County slip and fall accident lawyer can take your case on contingency, meaning you pay our fees only if we win a settlement or verdict in your favor.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW