The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you seek compensation if you were hurt in a motorcycle accident. Our North Port motorcycle accident lawyers will fight for awards for your medical bills and more.
- What Damages are Available in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
- How do Florida’s Insurance Laws Affect Motorcycle Riders?
- Our Team Can Help with Every Step of Your Motorcycle Accident Case
- North Port Vehicle Drivers Must Share the Road with Motorcyclists
- Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Consultation
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving North Port, call (800) 747-3733
What Damages are Available in a Motorcycle Accident Case?
Motorcycles do not offer riders much protection during an accident. As such, a motorcyclist can get stuck between their bike and another vehicle or be thrown from their motorcycle. Riders may suffer head injuries, severe road rash, broken bones, and internal damage. Treatment for these injuries can add up to tens of thousands of dollars.
If a negligent party caused your accident, you may qualify to seek awards to pay for your related medical bills. We can help you seek compensation for necessary past-and-future care, including:
- Transportation by ambulance or emergency vehicle
- Emergency department treatment
- Hospital stays
- Medical devices
- Mobility aids
- Medically-related travel expenses
- Long-term care services
If your injuries prevent you from working temporarily, we can help you seek the value of your lost wages, including:
- Hourly pay
- Vacation time
- Business opportunities
If you suffered an injury that prevents you from ever returning to your job, we can help you pursue awards for the loss of your earning capacity.
Pain and Suffering Damages
Serious injuries can take a mental, emotional, and physical toll. You can seek pain and suffering compensation for:
- Mental anguish
- Chronic pain
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of a bodily function, limb, or body part
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Wrongful Death Compensation
According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV), there were 161 motorcycle crashes resulting in 13 fatalities in Sarasota County in 2020.
If your loved one passed away in an accident caused by negligence, Florida Statutes § 768.19 allows you to seek compensation for their wrongful death. Awards may include losses suffered by the deceased’s estate, as well as losses suffered by surviving family members, such as:
- The deceased’s accident-related medical expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial costs
- The loss of the deceased’s companionship, support, guidance, and counsel
North Port Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
How do Florida’s Insurance Laws Affect Motorcycle Riders?
Florida’s no-fault insurance system does not apply to motorcycle riders, and riders do not have to carry personal injury protection (PIP). So, injured motorcyclists have the unrestricted right to seek compensation from the at-fault party via an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Passenger vehicle drivers must have PIP and a minimum of $10,000 in property damage liability (PDL) insurance, but bodily injury liability (BIL) insurance is optional. If the driver responsible for your accident has BIL, we can help you with a claim. If not, we will seek additional awards via a lawsuit.
Our Team Can Help with Every Step of Your Motorcycle Accident Case
Our lawyers are here to help you secure every dollar owed to you and your family. We will investigate your motorcycle accident and work to prove another party is at fault and responsible for your damages. We will collect evidence, including:
- Accident reports made to or by the North Port Police Department or other law enforcement agencies
- Medical records
- Photographs of your crash site, motorcycle damages, and injuries
- Eyewitness statements
- Expert testimony
- Cell phone video or surveillance footage
If seeking an insurance settlement is an option for you, we will file your claims, handle your deadlines and paperwork, and negotiate for the settlement you need.
Gathering evidence and building a case proving negligence can take time. You should start seeking awards for your accident as soon as you are able. Per Florida Statutes § 95.11, the state imposes a four-year window to file a personal injury lawsuit and a two-year window to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The clock starts on the day of your injury or the day of your loved one’s death.
Our Attorneys will Go the Extra Mile for You
In addition to handling all the legalities of your case, our team will provide you with responsive legal care.
You can expect us to:
- Return your calls and emails and answer your questions
- Give you your attorney’s phone number so you are never out of touch
- Help you schedule medical appointments and get your motorcycle fixed
- Send you frequent case updates
We will serve you and your family on a contingency-fee basis, so there will be no fees due up front. We only take our payment if you receive compensation.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
North Port Vehicle Drivers Must Share the Road with Motorcyclists
With North Port being so close to the water, it makes a welcoming location for motorcycle riders year-round. Annually, the Thunder by the Bay Music & Motorcycle Festival attracts riders from across the state and nation to Sarasota County. However, an abundance of bikers can increase the risk of a motorcycle accident, especially when other motorists fail to exercise caution and share the roadway.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Vehicles making improper left turns
- Vehicles pulling out in front of motorcycles
- Bad weather conditions
- Poor road conditions
- Lack of lighting and/or decreased visibility
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Vehicle and/or equipment problems
- Improper passing and/or failing to maintain lane position
- Failure to yield the right of way
If another driver, roadway issues, or a problem with an involved vehicle caused your crash, our motorcycle accident lawyers can hold the liable party accountable for your damages on your behalf.
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Consultation
Our lawyers can help you with your claim after you were injured in a motorcycle accident in North Port. Let’s get started with your risk-free, no-cost case evaluation today. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733.