The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can fight for compensation if you or your loved one were hurt in a truck accident or commercial motor vehicle collision. Since 2006, our law firm has helped hundreds of victims and their families seek the financial awards they need to get back on their feet after a serious injury.
Our North Bay Village personal injury attorneys can manage every detail of your insurance claim or lawsuit so you can focus on your health and recovery. We will hold liable parties accountable so that you do not pay for someone else’s negligent or wrongful behavior. Contact us today for a free consultation to learn how our truck lawyer can help you after an accident in North Bay Village.
We Will Demand the Liable Party Covers Your Losses After A Truck Accident in North Bay Village, FL
Because Florida is a no-fault insurance state, most automobile accident cases involve a compensation claim via your personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. While our PIP attorneys will help you seek this compensation, a truck accident may cause injuries and damages severe enough for you to pursue financial awards from a liable party.
While every commercial motor vehicle accident case is different, in general, our North Bay Village truck accident attorneys can pursue your compensation for the following losses:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income, earnings, and benefits
- Lost earning capacity
- Vehicle and personal property damages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Mental and emotional distress
- Impaired quality of life
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Multiple Parties May Be Liable For Your Truck Accident Damages
Truck accident claims and lawsuits can involve multiple liable parties. Depending on the crash’s circumstances, financial responsibility could rest with one or more of the following:
- The truck driver. The size and weight of a large truck, semi, or tractor-trailer can cause significant harm to smaller passenger vehicles and their occupants. For this reason, commercial drivers throughout Florida must obey the same traffic rules as all motorists and adhere to additional federal and state rules and regulations. Examples of driver negligence may include:
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of substances
- Speeding or traveling too fast for current road or weather conditions
- Illegal passing
- Making an improper turn
- Violation of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules and regulations for interstate trucking
- Violation of state trucking laws, like Florida’s Hours of Service (HOS) Rules
- The trucking company. A commercial trucking company may be directly or indirectly liable for your collision in North Bay Village. In some instances, an employer can be held responsible for an employee’s negligent actions. In other cases, a trucking company may have behaved wrongfully by pressuring its drivers to violate drive time regulations, failing to train or vet employees, or failing to perform mandatory alcohol or drug screenings.
- The owner or entity responsible for the truck. Sometimes, a truck’s owner is not the driver or the trucking company but another party. We will hold whoever is responsible for the truck and its maintenance liable if a mechanical issue or lack of required safety features (like underride guards) contributed to your crash.
- A shipping company. Overloaded, unbalanced, or unsecured cargo can cause rollover crashes, longer stopping distances, or lead a driver to lose control of their vehicle. Cargo can also fall off a truck onto the road. If any of these issues caused your commercial truck accident, we can pursue compensation from the company responsible for the cargo or its loading.
Other potentially liable parties may include a property owner, a vehicle manufacturer, or a third-party motorist involved in the collision. Whoever caused your South Florida truck accident, we will investigate the matter and demand they pay your damages – not you or your family. Contact our legal team today.
How Can Our North Bay Village Truck Accident Lawyers Help With Your Case?
While you focus on healing or caring for your hurt loved one, our motorcycle accident attorneys serving North Bay Village, FL, will get to work collecting evidence and building a robust case. Our team can:
- Send spoliation letters to the trucking company and other involved parties demanding they preserve evidence, such as a truck driver’s driving record
- Obtain copies of police reports and the trucking company’s accident reports
- Investigate previous complaints against the commercial driver or trucking company or records of prior violations
- Interview eyewitnesses or expert witnesses that can offer insight into the accident
- Locate available dashcam, surveillance, or cell phone footage of the crash
- Obtain copies of your medical records
- Hire and work with crash reconstruction experts, doctors, and other relevant subject matter experts
- Assess your current and future financial losses and establish your right to non-economic damages
- Prepare and file your insurance claims or personal injury lawsuit
- Negotiate for the maximum compensation possible
- Represent you in a civil trial if necessary
We Put Clients First
When you work with the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, we provide more than legal services. We will stand by your side through every step of your personal injury claim or lawsuit, even helping you schedule your medical appointments or repair your vehicle. Additionally, we will give you your lawyer’s cell phone number so you can always reach out with questions or concerns.
Our emphasis on responsive legal care shines through in client reviews like the following:
“Prompt and courteous answers to questions. Great communication from everyone involved with your case. Phenomenal case results. A completely and thoroughly enjoyable legal experience from the beginning to the conclusion of my case. Thank you so much.” -Jos I.
How Long Do You Have To Pursue A Truck Accident Lawsuit In Florida?
Florida Statutes § 95.11 allows two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you do not file your case before the state’s statute of limitations expires, the court will likely refuse to consider your lawsuit. This deadline will also affect your insurance claims because you lose your bargaining power if you can no longer pursue civil litigation.
If you hire us, we can handle the filing deadline for your case and any common challenges that arise in truck accident cases.
Call Us Today About Your North Bay Village, FL, Truck Accident – Free Consultation
Trucking accidents often cause severe injuries that can affect victims for months or even years as they recover. You can pursue financial compensation from the parties responsible for the accident.
You can start on your personal injury case today when you contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Our North Bay Village truck accident lawyers serve clients on the Bay Harbor Islands and throughout the greater Miami-Dade County area. We take cases for 18-wheeler crashes and commercial trucking accidents on contingency, meaning we charge nothing upfront or out-of-pocket for our services.
We Can Help.