Naples borders the Gulf Coast of southwest Florida, an ideal locale for yacht owners. However, with easy access to the ocean comes with an inherent danger—Naples is ranked in the top 10 cities nationwide for storm surge danger. Thus, yachts can sustain severe damage when a hurricane or tropical storm hits. In addition, corrosion, collisions, and a lack of maintenance all pose a risk to yacht owners.
A yacht damage insurance claim could reimburse your losses, but when filing your claim, you’ll deal with an insurer that may or may not be cooperative. If you’re struggling with your claim, a Naples yacht damage lawyer from the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help. Our team will fight for the compensation you need and deserve.
Types of Yacht Damage Claims
Our team can support you through any insurance claim, including damage caused by:
- Collision with underwater objects
- Collision with boats or structures
- Tropical storms
- Storm surges
For a free legal consultation with a yacht damage lawyer serving Naples, 800-747-3733
Working With a Yacht Damage Lawyer
Dealing with yacht repairs can be a frustrating experience, involving towing your boat, juggling contractors, and haggling with insurers. Add the aftermath of a hurricane into this mix, and you have the perfect recipe for unnecessary stress.
We’re here to alleviate this anxiety by handling these tasks for you:
- Filing and documenting your claim
- Gathering relevant evidence
- Communicating with insurers
- Negotiating with insurers if they dispute your claim
- Protecting your rights as an insurance consumer
- Pursuing fair compensation on your behalf
Reasons You Might Consider Working With a Naples Yacht Damage Lawyer
Sometimes, clients wonder if it makes sense to hire an attorney. After all, it’s possible to pursue an insurance claim alone. However, could you handle these situations?
- You believe your insurer negotiates in bad faith
- The insurance company denied your claim
- You don’t have the time to deal with insurance claim
- You don’t understand how claims work
- You believe you need more compensation to cover your losses
Working With a Lawyer Costs You Nothing Upfront
We know that fixing a damaged yacht can cost thousands of dollars in repair bills. However, you have the right to legal representation, and we believe your financial concerns shouldn’t stand in the way of this right.
For this reason, we provide our legal services on contingency. Thus, we don’t charge anything upfront, and we don’t get paid unless we win. Our legal team also offers free case evaluations.
NaplesYacht Damage Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Handling Yacht Damage Insurance Disputes
Insurance negotiations present the most significant hurdle for yacht damage claimants. We can support you if your insurer:
- Makes a lowball offer for your yacht damage
- Delays your compensation
- Denies your claim
Remember that insurance companies are businesses. Thus, they’re more interested in keeping costs low than providing you with fair compensation. However, while you should cooperate with an adjuster, you can take these steps that could protect your claim’s value:
- Be wary of your social media posts: Most public records, including your social media, are fair game during insurance claims. For this reason, you should be aware of your social media posts—the adjuster could use them to lower the value of your claim. Consider deleting information about your claim or setting your social media accounts to private.
- Gather documentation: Ensure that you thoroughly document the damage to your yacht with images and videos, along with documentation of your expenses, like receipts and invoices. Our lawyers can assist you with this process.
- Be careful of what you say to insurers: Adjusters pay close attention to what you say during the claims process—especially if you provide them with a recorded statement. The wrong phrase could jeopardize your claim. So, if you’re nervous about communicating with insurers, a lawyer can manage these communications on your behalf.
You Have Protections Under Florida Law
Florida law contains insurance consumer protections. The primary section of the relevant law states that insurers operate in bad faith if they are “not attempting in good faith to settle claims when, under all the circumstances, it could and should have done so, had it acted fairly and honestly toward its insured and with due regard for her or his interests.”
This type of behavior can include:
- Providing payments without informing you of their significance
- Delaying your case beyond a specific time frame
- Not offering you compensation when obligated to do so
Remember, just because your claim takes a long time or your insurer disputes your claim doesn’t mean they’re operating in bad faith. There are limits to Florida’s bad faith law. However, if you believe your insurer has handled your claim in bad faith, our lawyers can evaluate your case. You might qualify for legal action against your insurer.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Yacht Damage Compensation After a Storm Roars Through Naples
The compensation you can receive depends entirely on your insurance policy. If your policy doesn’t cover your specific loss, it’s unlikely that you can receive payment. Generally, insurance companies offer coverage for the following:
- Water damage
- Wind damage
- Hurricane and tropical storm damage
- General liability coverage
- Liability coverage for oil spills
However, your coverage isn’t the only factor at play in yacht damage claims. These factors could affect the outcome of your case:
- The outcome of insurance negotiations
- The amount and type of evidence you provide to insurers
- The amount of damage to your yacht
- Whether you choose to work with a lawyer
Our team can help you estimate the value of your case. To do so, we can review relevant documentation like images, receipts, and expert statements . This information could prove invaluable in your case. In addition, once we determine the value of your claim, you could be less susceptible to unfair compensation offers.
Naples Yacht DamageYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Contact a Naples Yacht Damage Lawyer Today
The Law Offices of Anidjar and Levine team is here to help you get back on the water. Few things are more frustrating than an overcomplicated claim preventing you from enjoying your investment. While we handle your case, you can focus on making sure your yacht is seaworthy. Our goal is to give you peace of mind. Contact our office for a free case evaluation today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW