If you were injured in a moving van accident, and/or experienced property damage or loss, you could have grounds for legal action.
If another party was responsible for your suffering and loss, it is possible to recover compensation following a successful legal claim. To learn more about what you can do next, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. A team member is available to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation consultation, call 1-800-747-3733 today. A Miami moving van accident lawyer can make a difference in your case.
For a free legal consultation with a moving van accidents lawyer serving Miami, call (800) 747-3733
Why Moving Vans Are Dangerous
Many large vehicles, like moving vans, can be very dangerous. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were approximately 125,000 accidents involving large vehicles in the United States in 2016 alone. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) even estimated that as many as 9% of work-related fatal accidents involved delivery vans or trucks.
In addition to serious injuries and fatalities, moving van accidents can also cause property damage. There are many reasons why moving vans are particularly dangerous. Large vehicles in general possess the potential for powerful impacts when involved in an accident which can create tremendous amounts of damage. Sometimes the cargo that moving vans are carrying also creates danger, moving around if it is improperly stowed, or even obstructing the view of a driver. Understanding the specific causes of your accident can help you determine if another party is at fault.
Miami Moving Van Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Causes of Moving Van Accidents
Sometimes a single party causes an accident, and in other cases, more than one party could be to blame. It is even possible that an outside factor causes a collision or accident. While every situation is different, it is possible that your moving van accident was caused by one of the following:
- Distracted Driving: Any behavior that takes attention away from the road or task at hand can be a form of distracted driving. This might include looking at a cell phone, playing with the radio, eating, or even engaging in conversation.
- Inexperience: Because moving vans are generally larger than other vehicles, the driver should be adequately prepared to operate a moving van. Inexperience, or driving without the proper qualifications, can lead to an accident.
- Impaired Driving: Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other impairing substances is illegal and dangerous. If you suspect the driver of a moving van was intoxicated at the time of your accident, they could be liable for your suffering.
- Speeding: Speeding is consistently one of the leading causes of accidents annually in the United States. Speeding in large vehicles such as moving vans increases the potential for an accident, especially because larger vehicles are more difficult to maneuver.
- Fatigue: Fatigue could have played a role in your accident. Some hired movers attempt to drive a vehicle after a long day of work. In other cases, regulations regarding the length at which a commercial vehicle can drive are ignored. Fatigued driving is unsafe driving, and you could be the victim of this form of negligence.
- Improperly Packed Cargo: Improperly packed cargo can lead to damaged goods, and it can also cause vehicle accidents. If you experienced any type of loss from improperly stored cargo, you could have grounds for legal action.
There are many possible factors in addition to those mentioned that could have contributed to your accident. Regardless of the cause, your moving van accident could have had a profoundly negative impact on your life.
Injuries, Property Loss, and Other Types of Suffering
If you or a loved one was the victim of a moving van accident, you could be suffering financially, emotionally, or physically. Physical injuries are not uncommon in moving van accidents and can even require ongoing medical treatment. Some victims experience property loss and other types of financial suffering. In severe cases, a victim can even be traumatized to the point of emotional damage. Regardless of how your life was affected, you deserve justice for your loss. To learn more about how you can take action, call 1-800-747-3733 and the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you evaluate your options. A Miami moving van accident lawyer can defend your rights.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining liability is an important step during the legal process. If another party was even partially at fault due to driver error, negligence, or for any other reason, it is possible to collect compensation. If you would like clarity on who was at fault for your accident, it could be beneficial for you to speak with a lawyer to discuss the specifics of your accident.
Compensation Available For Victims
There are various types of compensation available for victims of moving van accidents. This could include reimbursement for past, present, and future medical expenses, as well as compensation for any legal fees you have accrued during the process of filing a claim. If you suffered from emotional trauma, you could also potentially be awarded compensation for that. Some victims also receive damages for property loss and other forms of suffering.
The compensation available for you and your loved ones following a moving van accident depends on the specifics of your case. Because every situation is unique, it could be in your best interest to speak with a Miami moving van accident lawyer if you are considering legal action.
Contact Us Today
Filing a legal claim is not for everyone, but some victims of accidents involving moving vans find a sense of justice and closure by taking action against those responsible for their suffering. If you are interested in learning more about your options, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733. Remember that there is a statute of limitations for filing a claim, so act today to ensure you do not miss out on your opportunity for the compensation you deserve. A Miami moving van accident lawyer can fight for justice for you.