Suffering injuries related to a fall can change your life instantly. Fall-related injuries can remain permanent and cause a devastating impact that lasts a lifetime. Walking into a retail establishment, business, or a friend’s home is not considered a dangerous activity, and you have the right to expect that the common walkways remain free from debris and clutter that can cause a slip and fall accident.
If a property owner failed to adequately maintain walking spaces in a safe manner, consider working with a Miami slip and fall caused by cluttered walking spaces lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 to learn more about your legal right and how to obtain the compensation you deserve under the law.
For a free legal consultation with a cluttered walking spaces lawyer serving Miami, call (800) 747-3733
Establishing a Slip and Fall Case in the State of Florida
If you suffered injuries and losses related to a slip and fall accident in either a business or personal residence due to the owner’s negligence in removing clutter from walking spaces, you may have to prove the following:
- You had a legal right to be on the premises (either as a customer, client, or personal friend invited to the property).
- The cluttered walking space directly caused your slip and fall to occur.
- The cluttered walking space was there long enough for the owner of the property to have knowledge of the dangerous condition. (If the clutter occurred as a result of a child knocking something over and you immediately fell over the cluttered area, the property owner may not remain liable as they did not have enough knowledge or time to clean the area of the hazardous condition.)
- You suffered actual physical, emotional, or financial injuries or losses as a direct result of the slip and fall accident.
Miami Cluttered Walking Spaces Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Legal Responsibility of Property Owners
Property owners have a legal responsibility to ensure that their property remains safe for any guest, client, or customer legally allowed to be on the property. If they fail to warn clients, customers, or guests of dangerous or hazardous conditions on their property that leads to a slip and fall accident, they may have a legal responsibility to compensate the victim for any of their injuries and losses.
Cluttered Walking Spaces
A property owner has a responsibility to ensure that they remove any debris or clutter from walking areas. Some of the types of clutter in walking spaces that may result in a slip and fall injury include:
- Cracked or broken sidewalks or parking lots causing clutter on the walking spaces
- Products falling from the shelves without proper clean up in a timely manner
- Cluttered areas from workers failing to clean appropriately
- Poor lighting in walking spaces making it challenging for guests or customers to see any debris or clutter in the common walkway areas
Under Florida Statutes § 768.0755, business owners have a responsibility to take action to remedy cluttered walking spaces.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Examples of Injuries Suffered as a Result of Slip and Fall Accidents
Every person will have different injuries resulting from their slip and fall accident that also differ in degrees of severity. However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicates that one out of every five slip and fall accidents results in a serious injury. Additionally, over 800,000 persons must receive hospitalization every year as a result of a fall injury. Some of the examples of injuries suffered as a result of a slip and fall accident include the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured hips or pelvis
- Broken or fractured arms or legs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal organ damage or bleeding
- Nerve damage
Many of these serious injuries can result in a prolonged negative impact on a victim of a slip and fall injury affecting a person’s health and mobility. Additionally, any of these medical conditions can cause future medical complications such as the increased risk of blood clots, neurovascular damage, post-traumatic stress disorder, or death.
If you suffered any kind of injury as a result of a slip and fall accident, consider visiting with our legal team to learn how a Miami slip and fall caused by cluttered walking spaces lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine can help you with your next legal steps. Call us at 1-800-747-3733.
Types of Compensation Available to Slip and Fall Victims
Every victim will have a unique story and circumstances that accompany their slip and fall accident. However, in many cases, the types of compensation a victim has the ability to receive after a slip and fall accident may include:
- Medical costs
- Future medical costs
- Loss of wages
- Loss of future wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Pain and suffering
Some types of non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering and the loss of enjoyment of life, require complicated calculations. As a victim of a slip and fall injury, you want to ensure that you receive all the compensation you have a legal right to request under the law. Visiting with a slip and fall lawyer can help you better understand how these calculations occur and the total amount of compensation you may have a right to in your unique situation.
Contact Visiting with Us to Learn More About Your Legal Rights
You may wonder exactly how much compensation you will receive after your slip and fall accident, or how long the entire process will take. Consider working with a Miami slip and fall caused by cluttered walking spaces lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Call us at 1-800-747-3733 so we can help you better understand the amount of compensation you may receive. We can also help you estimate how long it will take to either negotiate with the insurance company or file a claim in a court of law.