After a hurricane, you may be facing thousands of dollars in property damage caused by wind and rain. You expect your insurance company to do the right thing and pay for your losses.
However, your insurer is often more concerned with their bottom line. They may offer less compensation than you deserve, ask you to sign a waiver absolving them of additional payments, or even try to say your policy is not valid. A hurricane property claim lawyer in Margate, Florida can help.
How Our Firm Can Help After Hurricane Property Damage in Margate
As your legal advocate, our main priority is to protect your legal rights and hold the insurance company liable for their financial obligations to you. You paid for an insurance policy in order to protect your assets from situations like this, and they should not be permitted to avoid their legal duties.
Our team can help and support you in the following ways:
- Review your insurance policy to determine what is covered.
- Gather evidence to build a strong claim, including reviewing damages, gathering receipts, and collecting reports.
- File a hurricane property damage claim with your insurance company to recover losses.
- Ensure their offer covers as much of your losses as possible.
- Negotiate to reach a settlement.
- Appeal a denial, if the insurance company claims they are not liable.
- Take your claim to court if they refuse to settle in good faith. We may have to file a bad faith lawsuit in this case.
- Keep you updated on the status of your claim and answer any questions that arise.
You want a legal advocate who is willing to fight for what is fair. After a hurricane damages your Margate home or business, our team is here to help. Let us guide you through the hurricane claims process and ensure your insurance company adheres to Florida hurricane insurance laws.
For a free legal consultation with a hurricane property claim lawyer serving Margate, 800-747-3733
Damages You May Recover in Your Margate Hurricane Claim
The money available after a hurricane damages your Margate property may vary depending upon the details of your insurance coverage and the causes of the damage. For example, your policy may not cover damage over a certain amount. Or, you may be unable to claim damages caused by flooding that occurred after the hurricane.
A Margate hurricane property lawyer can review the details of your case and explain your legal options for compensation under your insurance policy.
In most cases, you can expect insurance to offer compensation for the following types of hurricane-related damages:
- Damage to your home.
- Replacement of your home if it cannot be repaired.
- Damage to additional structures on your property, such as a detached garage or workshop.
- Damage to your home’s contents.
- Water extraction and repair of damage caused by water.
- Mold removal and treatment.
- Removal of debris and general clean up, such as tree removal.
- Installation of temporary roofing, board-up your home, and expenses related to securing your property from additional damage.
- Relocation expenses, such as hotel costs, meals, and transportation.
- Other out-of-pocket expenses related to the hurricane damage.
Call 1-800-747-3733 to discuss the details of your coverage with a hurricane property lawyer in Margate. We can review your policy and explain the next steps in the process.
MargateHurricane Property Claim Lawyer Near Me 800-747-3733
Tactics Your Insurance Company May Use to Deny Your Claim
The insurance companies are looking out for their profit margin, not your best interests. In some cases, they may try to use underhanded tactics to delay or deny your insurance claim.
Tactics the insurance company could use include:
- Denying your coverage is valid.
- Denying your policy covers certain losses.
- Delaying investigating your claim.
- Denying your property claim outright.
- Offering a settlement amount that is less your total damages.
- Asking you to sign a release absolving future claims.
- Marking partial payments as “final” or “full” settlement.
- Discouraging you from hiring a hurricane property claim lawyer.
- Claiming you must pay an additional hurricane deductible without prior notification.
If your insurance company is using any of these tactics, or if you suspect they are not dealing in good faith, we can help. Contact a hurricane property claim lawyer in Margate, Florida, for a free consultation. Call 1-800-747-3733 today.
Get Answers From An Experienced Attorney.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW
Statute of Limitations for Margate Hurricane Property Claims
If your Margate property sustained damage in a hurricane or windstorm, you have three years to file a court case and recover damages. If you do not meet this time limit, you may be unable to recover hurricane damages.
This statute of limitations may also apply to claims for damage you uncover later, even after you accept a settlement.
Margate Hurricane Property ClaimYOU CAN TRUST US 800-747-3733
Contact a Hurricane Property Claim Lawyer in Margate Today
The days and weeks after a hurricane can be incredibly stressful. You may be displaced from your home, unsure where you will live, and fearful of what the future may hold. Your insurance company may be trying to push you around or offer you less than you deserve.
Our team can help you navigate the hurricane claims process and secure you the compensation you need and deserve
After a hurricane, you want a legal advocate who understands how the insurance companies work and are not afraid to stand up for your rights. Contact our team today in Margate, Florida for a free review of your hurricane claim. We also handle personal injury cases. Call 1-800-747-3733 today.
We want to put our knowledge, experience, and resources to work for you.SPEAK TO AN ATTORNEY NOW