Whether you were the driver, passenger, or pedestrian, if you have been injured in a car accident as a result of someone else’s actions, you have the right to pursue damages.
But you do not have to go through it alone.
A Lockhart car accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine is here to help fight for your right to compensation. Call to speak with a member of our team today at 1 (800) 747-3733. We are happy to discuss your case and explore your options for recovering damages.
Common Car Accident Injuries That Occur in Lockhart, Florida
Car accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries that can impact you and your family for weeks or years to come. The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles reported that there were 166,612 injury crashes in 2017. Here are a few of the common injuries we see in Lockhart car accidents.
- Whiplash: Common to car accidents, this type of injury produces symptoms that include headaches, neck pain, back pain, fatigue, dizziness, or even jaw pain.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs): This type of injury can impact your life far into the future and can result in headaches, difficulty sleeping, or cognitive functioning problems. Victims who suffer moderate to severe TBI typically require rehabilitation to recover and relearn even basic skills.
- Knee injuries: During a car accident, it is common for the victim’s knee to strike the dash, causing mild to severe trauma to the knee. You may need braces, crutches, or surgery to rebuild the knee. This can mean months of painful rehabilitation and possibly time off work healing.
- Broken ribs or other bones: Even a light impact during a car accident can break ribs or other fragile bones. Not only are these breaks painful, but they may also require surgery and lengthy periods of healing.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding may not be easily apparent after a car accident, but this type of injury can be life-threatening, which is why it is critical to be seen by a medical professional even after the most minor of car accidents.
- Herniated discs: During a crash, it is possible that the vertebrae in your spine can shift or even rupture, causing pain and possibly long-term complications.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): It is not uncommon for the victims of car accidents to experience trauma that makes performing normal tasks like driving to work difficult or even impossible. Mental health treatment may be necessary to move past the trauma of the accident.
If you are experiencing any of these or other symptoms, a Lockhart car accident lawyer can help you pursue compensation for your damages. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine at 1-800-747-3733 for a complimentary review of your case.
Damages You May Recover from Your Car Accident
Because each case is unique, we cannot make any estimates about the amount of compensation that you may be able to recover as a result of your accident. That said, these are some of the most common damages that victims can recover after car accidents:
- Lost wages, both past and future, if you are unable to return to work
- Missed opportunities for advancement at work
- Medical expenses, including doctors’ examinations, hospital stays, surgeries, physical therapy, medication, and medical equipment
- Counseling appointments
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
If you have lost a loved one as a result of a car accident, you might be able to pursue a wrongful death claim. In that case, additional damages you may recover include:
- Funeral costs
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of support and protection
- Loss of wages and benefits provided by the deceased
How Florida’s No-Fault Law May Impact Your Claim
Florida is one of several states that follows a “no-fault” car insurance system. FL § 627.7407 states that after a car accident, your insurance pays for the damages of anyone covered on the policy. Ultimately though, whether you can pursue damages depends upon the extent of your injuries.
If you have been injured in a car accident in Lockhart and would like help pursuing damages related to your claim, contact the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. We have worked cases like yours and are proud of the results we have achieved for our clients. Contact us today at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a no-risk review of your case.
What You Need to Know About Florida’s Statute of Limitations
According to Florida’s statute of limitations under FL § 95.11, if you have been injured in a Lockhart car accident, you have a limited amount of time to file a claim pursuing damages. There is an exception to this. If a wrongful death has occurred as a result of the car accident injuries, and you a loved one, that time limit is extended from the date of the individual’s death to pursue your claim.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
If you have been injured in a car accident, a lawyer can help you navigate the process of pursuing damages, leaving you to focus on the task of healing. Some of the specific ways that a lawyer can help your claim include:
- Investigating your case and gathering evidence like police reports, medical records, and witness statements
- Being available for you 24/7 to answer your questions and provide you with the support you want during this painful time
- Searching for other insurance policies that could provide additional compensation to cover your damages
- Negotiating with insurance companies who understand that we mean business
- Fighting for your rights in court if we cannot reach an agreeable settlement
Contact a Lockhart car accident lawyer by contacting the team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine. Call us today at 1 (800) 747-3733 for a free consultation to discuss your case or to get started right away.
We Can Help.