If you or a loved one was in a motorcycle accident in Lakeland, then you may be dealing with an injury or the loss of your loved one. A Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer may be able to pursue compensation for you while you worry about getting better.
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine goes the extra mile for our clients and will seek a positive financial outcome for you or your loved one. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Lakeland, call (800) 747-3733
Motorcyclists in Lakeland Require Drivers’ Attention
Motorcyclists may be at an abnormal risk of an accident for several reasons, including:
- Motorcycles are smaller than cars, trucks, and SUVs and are more difficult to see
- Motorcycles may accelerate more rapidly and move differently than other vehicles, which may fluster motorists
- Motorcyclists may, at legally-allowed times, operate between lanes of traffic
Motorists have a responsibility to pay attention to and provide the right-of-way to motorcyclists just as they must with other motorists. In fact, considering that motorcyclists may be more difficult to see for some motorists, drivers may need to be extra cautious in order to prevent causing a motorcycle accident.
Some precautions that drivers can take to avoid striking a motorcyclist are:
- Double-checking blindspots for motorcyclists before changing lanes
- Waiting for oncoming motorcyclists to pass before making any lane changes in front of the motorcyclist
There are also precautions that motorists should take under any circumstance. Failing to take such precautions could cause collisions with other motorists, including motorcyclists. Safe driving means:
- Abiding by the speed limit
- Using signals when changing lanes or making turns
- Giving other motorists the right-of-way when the situation calls for it
- Driving a safe distance behind other vehicles
- Not driving when intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
The fact that a motorist caused an accident with you or your loved one could indicate that they were not operating their vehicle safely. Even circumstances where a vehicle failure like a tire blowout contributed to your accident could be the fault of the motorist.
A Lakeland motorcycle accident lawyer can determine the party liable for your losses. Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at
Lakeland Motorcycle Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
Motorcycle Accidents Can Lead to Costly Injuries
The Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine discusses several types of injuries that may occur in motorcyclists who are in accidents. Those injuries include:
- Thoracic injuries, which affect the spine
- Head injuries
- Rib fractures
You may have suffered one or more injuries other than those listed. Your loved one may have suffered injuries that proved to be fatal. Your lawyer will familiarize themselves with any injuries related to your truck accident. They may document your injuries by:
- Taking or obtaining photographs of your injuries
- Obtaining doctors’ diagnoses of your injuries
- Having medical professionals testify about your injuries
- Obtaining bills that show the cost of your medical care
The cost of diagnosing and treating your injuries are losses that your lawyer may recover compensation for. Your lawyer will also seek awards for the secondary costs of being injured.
Secondary Costs of Injuries
Medical costs are the direct cost of being injured. There are several secondary costs that injuries can cause, too, and these types of costs may become even more costly than your medical care.
Some consequences that you may suffer as the direct result of your injuries are:
- A period where you are unable to work (causing you to lose income)
- Permanent inability to work
- Deterioration of your mental health
- Loss of physical abilities and the ability to do activities that require those physical abilities
- Harm to your relationships, which may be caused by changes in your emotional state
Every victim of a motorcycle accident deals with their injuries in a unique way. Your lawyer will complete a comprehensive review to determine all of the ways that your injuries have negatively affected you.
A Lawyer Can Complete a Wrongful Death Case
Motorcyclists’ direct exposure to other vehicles, the road, and other potentially-dangerous elements means that some motorcycle accidents will be fatal. If you have lost a loved one because of a motorcycle accident in Lakeland, then a lawyer will pursue justice for you and other family members.
The legal requirements for proving a wrongful death may be different than those for proving a personal injury. Your lawyer may be familiar with the differences between completing a wrongful death lawsuit and a personal injury lawsuit, from burdens of proof to relevant statutes and other points of difference.
Your lawyer will focus on recovering losses caused by a wrongful death. These losses may include:
- The loss of comfort and companionship
- Loss of parental guidance and support
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of your loved one’s funeral
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical costs
Your lawyer will meet with you about the pain you have experienced because of a loved one’s passing. They will then pursue compensation for your pain and other losses.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine Today
The team at the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provides responsive legal care to each and every client. You worry about getting better, and we take care of everything else.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today at