Located just off the southern tip of Florida, Key Largo is home to more than 10,000 residents year-round. As an island, Key Largo is at higher risk for a wide range of property damage, including damage from hurricanes and flooding.
If your Key Largo property was damaged, your property insurance should cover the damages as outlined in your policy. However, sometimes insurance companies will attempt to mitigate their risks by offering less than your damages or offering partial payments.
If your Key Largo property was damaged, you have the right to compensation as outlined in your insurance policy. A property claim lawyer in Key Largo can help you file a claim or appeal a denial. Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free review of your case. We help protect your legal right to damages.
- Types of Property Claim Damages Our Team Handles in Key Largo
- The Florida Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights
- Damages You May Be Eligible to Recover Through a Key Largo Property Damage Claim
- How Our Legal Team Can Help You with Your Key Largo Property Damage Claim
- Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Review of Your Claim
For a free legal consultation with a property claim lawyer serving Key Largo, call (800) 747-3733
Types of Property Claim Damages Our Team Handles in Key Largo
At the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our property damage claim team is well versed in helping property owners recover damages for a wide range of claims.
We can help you if your property was damaged in any of the following ways:
- Hurricane or tropical storm damage
- Flooding damage
- Wind or flying object damage
- Smoke and fire damages
- Mold, mildew, or rotting damages
- Water pipe bursting or sewage back up damages
- Sinkhole damage
- Falling trees or branches
- Theft or robbery
- Hail damage
The type of damage that you may be eligible to recover compensation for will depend on the details of your insurance policy. To understand better your legal rights, contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a free property damage case review at 1-800-747-3733.
Key Largo Property Claim Lawyer Near Me (800) 747-3733
The Florida Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights
In 2014, Florida passed a set of laws titled the Homeowner Claims Bill of Rights. The purpose of the law was to outline the claims process in an easy to understand format.
Based on Florida Statute 627.7142, you have the right to:
- Receive a response from your insurance company stating they have received your claim within 14 days of receipt.
- If requested, your insurance company is required to send you an update after 30 days, stating whether your claim is approved, denied, or if they are still investigating your claim.
- Receive compensation in full or a denial within 30 days of filing your claim.
- Free mediation for claim disputes.
- Neutral evaluation of a disputed claim in the case of sinkhole damage.
There are a few cases where the timelines may be adjusted, for example, if governor issues a state of emergency. A property claim lawyer in Key Largo, FL can help you better understand how these rights apply in your specific situation.
Damages You May Be Eligible to Recover Through a Key Largo Property Damage Claim
After your property is damaged, you should review your policy to better understand what types of damages are covered. Your policy may have limits on the type or amount of coverage you qualify for. However, the most common types of property damage compensation we recover for Key Largo clients include:
- Cost of Property Repairs: Repair costs may include painting, water removal, mold removal, replacement of drywall, repair to brickwork, and roof replacement or patching.
- Value of the Property: If your property is completely demolished, you may recover the value of the property or the cost to replace it, depending on your policy details.
- Replacement of Personal Property: Your policy may cover the cost of replacing electronics, clothing, personal items, furniture, and appliances.
- Accommodation Costs: If you are unable to stay in your home for a period of time, your policy may cover the cost of a hotel or short-term rental.
- Out of Pocket Expenses: You may also recover any out of pocket expenses caused by the damage to your home, including fees to turn utilities on and off or incidentals due to being displaced.
- Emergency Board Up Services: After damage, you may need to board or tarp your home to prevent additional damages. Your insurance policy may cover these costs.
A Key Largo property claim lawyer can help you review your coverage and better understand the damages you are entitled to. Contact our team today for a free case review at 1-800-747-3733.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Our Legal Team Can Help You with Your Key Largo Property Damage Claim
After your property is damaged, you may be unsure what your next steps are. You may even be worried about where your family will sleep tonight. Our team takes on the legal process of filing your claim so you can focus on taking care of what matters—yourself and your family.
If we take on your claim, our team will help in the following ways:
- Research and document all possible damages
- Review your policies to understand what damages you can recover
- Look for all possible coverage options, including additional policies or third-parties
- File your claim with the insurance company
- Negotiate a settlement with your insurance company
- Appeal a property damage claim denial
Contact the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine for a Free Review of Your Claim
If your Key Largo property sustained damages, your insurance company should meet the obligations outlined in your insurance policy. Our property claim lawyers in Key Largo, FL are here to fight for your rights and ensure your insurance company deals with you in good faith.
You paid your premiums on time, and now it is time for the insurance company to uphold their part of your contract. If you are struggling with your Key Largo property damage claim or if your claim was denied, we can help.
Call the Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine today for a free property damage claim review at 1-800-747-3733.