If you or a loved one are involved in a motorcycle accident, a Jacksonville Beach motorcycle accident lawyer from our firm can help. We provide free consultations and work on contingency fees, so you only pay attorney fees if we settle or win your case.
You could be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses related to your wreck. Our team will help you through the entire process. We’ll even give you your lawyer’s phone number.
How a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine provides responsive legal care to those injured in motorcycle accidents in Jacksonville Beach. Some of the ways our team will help and serve you include:
- We answer all your questions and give you frequent case updates.
- We return your calls and emails, so you’re never left in the dark.
- Our team can help schedule appointments and get your motorcycle fixed.
- We take over communications with insurance companies and other parties.
- Our attorneys make sure you file your lawsuit on time and meet all deadlines.
- We retrieve evidence, build your case, and negotiate for a fair settlement.
- We will represent you at trial, if needed.
Our motorcycle accident attorneys are dedicated to responsive legal care to every client. Review some of our client testimonials to better understand how we serve injured people throughout the state of Florida.
Recoverable Damages in a Motorcycle Accident Case
A motorcycle accident can cause severe injuries, leading to large medical bills and extended time away from work. Your claim should seek compensation for these and other losses, including:
- Medical treatment, including long-term care required for your injuries
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Loss of income while you recover
- Reduced earning capacity if a permanent injury affects your wages in the future
- Pain and suffering
We account for the full value of your losses, seeking compensation for short- and long-term damages. If the insurance company offers you a settlement, speak with your attorney first, as it may not account for all your long-term losses.
Let us negotiate a settlement while you focus on healing from your injuries.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Florida
Two of the leading causes behind Florida motorcycle accidents are negligence and recklessness. Some of the other causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Improper operating or losing control of the vehicle
- Poor road conditions
- Lack of training
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
Motorcycle crashes can leave victims seriously injured. If you’ve been in a Jacksonville Beach motorcycle accident, you might be entitled to compensation.
What Are Some Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents?
The type of injuries victims of motorcycle accidents deal with is as varied and unique as each accident. Generally speaking, some of the common injuries include:
- Head injuries
- Skull fractures
- Brain hemorrhages or bleeding
- Neck and face injuries
- Vertical spine injuries
- Road rash
Even if you walk away from a motorcycle accident with minimal surface injuries, you should still visit a doctor immediately. There may be internal injuries that need treatment. You can also use the medical treatment statements to prove your accident caused your injuries.
What Should I do After a Motorcycle Accident?
Do the following if you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Jacksonville Beach:
- If you’ve suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, it’s critical to seek immediate medical attention.
- Call 911. Tell emergency personnel about your injuries.
- You should also contact your insurance company. Ask them to send someone to the scene of the accident. Your insurer will want to investigate the claim before paying any settlements.
- Retain legal counsel. A lawyer can focus on the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on healing from any injuries you might have suffered.
How Much will a Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Charge Me?
Here at The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine, our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that we won’t charge you anything unless we settle or win your case. If we aren’t successful, we won’t charge you a cent.
We will deduct our lawyer’s fees from the compensation package we win for you. We operate within the state bar association of Florida laws and regulations governing contingency deals. According to these regulations, the maximum payout we can take is up to 30% of your claim.
Who Is Liable for a Motorcycle Accident?
When a person suffers injuries due to another party’s negligence, they have a legal right to file a claim. There are two ways to recover compensation for your injuries:
- First, you can sue the negligent party directly. If you win, you’ll be entitled to collect monetary damages.
- Second, you can file a third-party liability lawsuit. In these cases, you would sue the negligent party’s insurer instead of filing a lawsuit against them.
Generally, a plaintiff must show three things: negligence, causation, and damages. Negligence refers to whether the defendant acted reasonably under the circumstances. For example, did the driver fail to yield to traffic signals? Causation means that the defendant’s actions were responsible for causing the accident. Finally, the plaintiff must demonstrate how much money they suffered due to the accident.
Contact a Jacksonville Beach Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycles are the third most common mode of transportation after cars and bicycles. They accounted for 3% of the registered vehicles in the US in 2019, but motorcycle deaths make up 14% of all traffic deaths.
Contact The Law Offices of Anidjar & Levine to help with the claim filing process following your motorcycle accident. We know what it takes to win your case, and we’ll do our best to provide you with the best legal representation possible.
Contact us today at (904) 600-4000 for a free consultation.
We Can Help.